• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

[Archived 02/2020] News from Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
A few players in Beta will get new Interface features to test.
It is unclear as yet what these will be.
If you are one, please post screenshots!!

75456698_10215188617009388_2284679772611018752_n.jpg

T6583

@mikeledo to quote Kerspitje, QA Moderator on the Beta:
"The fix they did was for all units, for all buffs, not just the forest warden and Enlighted light range."
So I think that it affected other units but since the bug was discovered with the Forest Warden the discription for the bug fix only referenced that. It was something that players on Beta expressed concern about.

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
"The fix they did was for all units, for all buffs, not just the forest warden and Enlighted light range."
So I think that it affected other units but since the bug was discovered with the Forest Warden the discription for the bug fix only referenced that. It was something that players on Beta expressed concern about.

That is how I understand it too - the bug has been there for ages; it just became apparent when they introduced new high-level enemy Frogs and Rangers.
Apparently what they have done is to 'flag' all enemy units so they cannot be buffed by your enhancement buildings - so all Tournaments may be easier in future.

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB

Kersepitje

QA Moderator

Sorry guys, the winter event was supposed to start today. But because of some technical issues with today's update it was postponed.
We forgot to postpone the offer.
So this is a not a bug.

And no i cannot tell you when the winter event will start exactly then, hopefully very soon.

elvenar_banner_small_468.png

The Unbeliever

Oh great, now we get the single WORST EVENT OF THE YEAR from FoE?!
For feth's sake guys, if you just want us to quit playing, then please, just shut down the servers and be done with it - it would at least be far less painful than this drawn out, torture you're inflicting on us.:mad::mad::(:(:(

Seriously, of ALL the FoE features we could have had for a 'new style' event, *cough*archaeology*cough*, we instead get this pile of flaming trash where it's possible to never even win a single daily prize!!

Well, at least the quest list/system looks like an improvement, but I'll still be skipping this dumpster fire like I do the FoE version, since it's really just a randumb slot machine designed to rob players blind.

DeletedUser24439

Looks like a very fun event. The gingerbread house looks very cute too. Nice to see new kinds of events being added to the game.

The Unbeliever

Looks like a very fun event. The gingerbread house looks very cute too. Nice to see new kinds of events being added to the game.
Don't worry, you'll soon learn to HATE this style of event...
As my FoE experience with this clusterfeth has taught me;
- open 14 presents, leaving just the 'shuffle' + 'daily prize' left, and then get the dreaded 'shuffle'. (ie: just spent 15 quests worth of currency to win NOTHING!!)

- then open 2 presents, get the daily... but wait, it's a really good one you want/need multiples of, so now enjoy wasting up to another 13 quests worth of event currency to find the 'shuffle' tile in order to reset the board.

- open 4 presents, 5th is 'shuffle'... open 3 more presents and get 'shuffle' on the 3rd one... open 8 more presents and get 'shuffle' on the 8th... open 6 more presents, get 'shuffle' for the 6th - curse and swear like a mother now that you've spent ALL you event currency for NOTHING WHAT-SO-EVER!!

Yes, enjoy this event where it's very doable to never, ever win a single daily special. So generous of you Inno.
Note that this is the ONE event from FoE that gets routinely hated on every single year... we've begged, and pleaded, and groaned about this for 5+ years in that other game. (mind you, this past year's Carnival event on FoE was a pretty close 2nd.;))
Generally, the only way to end up 'happy' with this event is to just shoot for the main Grand Prize and set your daily specials expectations to about -1000000 or so. :p

Sure, some players will get lucky and win a decent amount of dailies, but overall, it's much, much, MUCH harder to get anything really meaningful out of this style of event.
It's really just down to simple, sheer dumb luck whether or not you walk away with much of anything beyond the grand prize.

DeletedUser24439

Don't worry, you'll soon learn to HATE this style of event...
As my FoE experience with this clusterfeth has taught me;
- open 14 presents, leaving just the 'shuffle' + 'daily prize' left, and then get the dreaded 'shuffle'. (ie: just spent 15 quests worth of currency to win NOTHING!!)

- then open 2 presents, get the daily... but wait, it's a really good one you want/need multiples of, so now enjoy wasting up to another 13 quests worth of event currency to find the 'shuffle' tile in order to reset the board.

- open 4 presents, 5th is 'shuffle'... open 3 more presents and get 'shuffle' on the 3rd one... open 8 more presents and get 'shuffle' on the 8th... open 6 more presents, get 'shuffle' for the 6th - curse and swear like a mother now that you've spent ALL you event currency for NOTHING WHAT-SO-EVER!!

Yes, enjoy this event where it's very doable to never, ever win a single daily special. So generous of you Inno.
Note that this is the ONE event from FoE that gets routinely hated on every single year... we've begged, and pleaded, and groaned about this for 5+ years in that other game. (mind you, this past year's Carnival event on FoE was a pretty close 2nd.;))
Generally, the only way to end up 'happy' with this event is to just shoot for the main Grand Prize and set your daily specials expectations to about -1000000 or so. :p

Sure, some players will get lucky and win a decent amount of dailies, but overall, it's much, much, MUCH harder to get anything really meaningful out of this style of event.
It's really just down to simple, sheer dumb luck whether or not you walk away with much of anything beyond the grand prize.

It's free stuff so I am alright with that. Hopefully, my luck will be good but if not then it isn't meant to be. I hope you have good luck in the winter event too.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
It sounds like this new event removes all strategy for which prizes to go for. And if all the prizes are random, what's the point of revealing them if you can't control any aspect of what you get? This sounds rather lame.
That was pretty much my assessment on Beta. They might as well just award you a random prize every time you hit 60 without having you roll at all, since the only agency we have left is on what days to spend them.

The Unbeliever

It sounds like this new event removes all strategy for which prizes to go for. And if all the prizes are random, what's the point of revealing them if you can't control any aspect of what you get? This sounds rather lame.
Oh it *IS* a super lame event - the frustration will be very real!;)

The main issue is that 'shuffle' tile as it *always* seems to rear it's ugly head before you can hit the daily prize... (seriously, 99% of the problems with this event wouldn't exist if the shuffle option was just player controlled!)
But as it is, if you get lucky and hit the daily within 1-6 presents, you're forced to continue wasting event currency on the rest of the hot garbage in order to find the shuffle tile to reset the board! (...like, you will enter into a murderous rage when it happens that you get the daily within 1-3 presents, and then end up having to troll through Every. Single. Last. Present. to find that fething shuffle!)
Even worse is when you hit the 'x2' tile, and then nail the 'shuffle', so not only do you lose ALL your progress on the current present board, (and for me, seemingly before I can ever find the daily!), but you also basically waste the x2 as all you'll get is the extra ribbons and no actual prize. :(

This event is literally just designed to piss you off enough to rage-spend a bunch of diamonds...
At least with the 'normal' style of event, (which even FoE uses for most of their big events), you can focus down on the chest/s that appeal to you the most, etc...
With the presents, all you're left with is a horrible taste in your mouth.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
The main issue is that *&%!*$ 'shuffle' tile as it *always* seems to rear it's ugly head before you can hit the daily prize... (seriously, 99% of the problems with this event wouldn't exist if the shuffle option was just player controlled!)
I think it would be immediately improved if the Daily prize and the shuffle were the same tile. Instead of getting your ribbons back when you hit shuffle, do away with the separate shuffle altogether, and hitting the daily prize automatically triggers a shuffle.

The Unbeliever

I think it would be immediately improved if the Daily prize and the shuffle were the same tile. Instead of getting your ribbons back when you hit shuffle, do away with the separate shuffle altogether, and hitting the daily prize automatically triggers a shuffle.
Yes and no...
Don't forget, you will get a present board at times that will have 2-3 decent time instants, a PP AND the daily prize. In that instance, a good number of players would probably want to try and collect a couple of those time instants, the PP and the daily.
But if the 'Shuffle' is tied directly into winning the daily, then you'd lose out on the desired instants the second you land the daily.

On the other hand, if you just remove the 'Shuffle' from the board altogether and make it say a minimal 10 ribbon cost to activate & reset the board, you're giving the control back to the players to decide for themselves when/if a reset is wanted/needed. :)

Honestly, if the Elvenar team really wanted to 'borrow' and re-skin an FoE event that's drastically different from our 'standard' ones, then they honestly should have taken either the Fall Baking event, OR, the Archaeology/Halloween 'totally-isn't-but-really-is-minecraft' styled event.

The other big events there, (Football, Soccer, Spring), are just 100% copies of our 'normal' Elvenar events, while the (terrible) Carnival & amazing Summer events simply wouldn't work in Elvenar due to the massive differences in how the neighbourhood systems work.
ie: in those events you compete against your 'hoodies for event currency (Carnival) or a shared prize roulette wheel (Summer)

Status
Not open for further replies.