• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

[Archived 02/2020] News from Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted User - 3932582

I know from reading the thread we've got to use a ton of sentients. What about the other little things we collect - mana, orcs, divine seeds. Does the need for these rise significantly?
Mana is pretty insignificant - basically the same nominal requirements as for Constructs, for a much longer chapter. You'll need a lot more seeds to feed into that massive sentient production, you won't really need it by itself (MH upgrades if you want them). You will need A TON of Orcs if you're planning to build all the research goods naturally. We're talking several hundred K of Orcs. Orcs requirements can be scaled down to practically zero if you drop Portal Profits though (MH and WS will still need them for upgrades if you want to do them).

DeletedUser1016

Mana is pretty insignificant - basically the same nominal requirements as for Constructs, for a much longer chapter. You'll need a lot more seeds to feed into that massive sentient production, you won't really need it by itself (MH upgrades if you want them). You will need A TON of Orcs if you're planning to build all the research goods naturally. We're talking several hundred K of Orcs. Orcs requirements can be scaled down to practically zero if you drop Portal Profits though (MH and WS will still need them for upgrades if you want to do them).
Thanks so much for these details - it's greatly appreciated!

DeletedUser22890

Thanks! I'll tell my group. We all appreciate it.

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
Here is something interesting from today's upgrade in Beta.
Here is the feedback thread.

72926700_10214975157393031_574764472149737472_n.jpg

qaccy

Nice to see that Inno's pretty quick to add evolving buildings to the crafter, even if the way it's set up still doesn't make much sense to me. Artifacts (and pet food to an extent when applicable) are the real limiter with these buildings, so I don't understand why crafting limits you to only having one. Does Inno forsee a problem with players potentially having 20 level 1 evolving buildings in their cities?

Deleted User - 3932582

Nice to see that Inno's pretty quick to add evolving buildings to the crafter, even if the way it's set up still doesn't make much sense to me. Artifacts (and pet food to an extent when applicable) are the real limiter with these buildings, so I don't understand why crafting limits you to only having one. Does Inno forsee a problem with players potentially having 20 level 1 evolving buildings in their cities?
No, it is to restrict farming single buildings from a group. E.g. today in order to get 3rd brown bear in your city you need to do enough artifacts for 6x L10 bears + a little bit more. If you won't go that far you can only have 2x brown bears or less.

Now, if I can craft any bear at will and I hoard the same amount of artifacts as above, I'll be able to have 6x L10 brown bears. If this doesn't impress you, replace 6x brown bears with 6x Fire Phoenixes + high level TimeWarp ;)

qaccy

@MinMax Gamer That still doesn't address my confusion at how it's set up, because it still is an unreasonable limit. As I said, crafting only provides a level 1 building, with no reliable way to acquire artifacts. So why only allow players to craft one building? Anyone who doesn't play the event at all is still only going to have that single building with no artifacts for it, and if crafting wasn't limited it'd be the same deal x however many buildings they decide to craft. What's wrong with that?

I agree qaccy. The limit of 1 building is not really the issue. Its the potential availability of artifacts down the line. All cities in Harandar will be offered 3 phoenixes, stonehenge, and the mermaid in crafting with no options in sight to evolve them. This was my crafting window in my lvl 2 Harandar city:

crafting.jpg

Why would anyone want to craft these? They are selling us carts but the horses aren't available.

A better option might be to just give everyone 1 each of the buildings (unless they won more) and let us craft artifacts.

It was just a suggestion, and one geared more toward newer cities that are being offered stage 1 evolving buildings with no way to evolve them. They must have something planned for artifacts as these buildings are useless without them. I agree if everyone could craft artifacts it would get out of hand.

qaccy

@Ashrem We were discussing the reasoning behind that because it doesn't make sense to me. Why only allow crafting of one building if there's no way to obtain artifacts anyway? As @MaloogaLooga pointed out, if you didn't take part in the event that originally offered the buildings, you only have the option to craft the level 1 version, a single one at that, and then have no way to upgrade it. In the context of artifacts being generally unavailable outside of events, limiting the buildings seems unnecessary.

Now, I could get on board with the one-building limit if it were possible to create artifacts as well. It'd lead to a different 'problem' of potentially having unusable artifacts, but I'd rather have that with a usable level 10 building than a level 1 with no way to make it better.

Alistaire

@MinMax Gamer That still doesn't address my confusion at how it's set up, because it still is an unreasonable limit. As I said, crafting only provides a level 1 building, with no reliable way to acquire artifacts. So why only allow players to craft one building? Anyone who doesn't play the event at all is still only going to have that single building with no artifacts for it, and if crafting wasn't limited it'd be the same deal x however many buildings they decide to craft. What's wrong with that?
Maybe more of these in the future will be more like polar bear and have a decent bonus to start? Maybe they'll even adjust existing ones to be like that too?

DeletedUser24241

This is why I sold my Aureate Phoenix I crafted in the MA. Unfortunately, without means to upgrade it past the boring egg phase, it wasn't worth keeping in my city. I'm a newer player and wish I'd been a bit wiser on crafting in general before wasting all those free catalysts.

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
Tournament Bug - confirmed!
From Dony in the Beta Forum, about the Bug - all enemy units from Mercenary Camp and Training Grounds (not Barracks) are buffed by your special buildings - including Ancient Wonders!
https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/inde...g-more-damage-then-intended.14012/#post-79818

"I have made many tests now and every single unit which is same on both sides is affected by this bug, every buff our units receive same enemy units receive as well, so basically all units from mercenary camp and training grounds are affected. disconnecting ancient wonders/fire phoenix which buff them can help reduce damage taken
"So every tournament or province which has same units as we can train is affected.

(Unless it gets fixed before Tuesday)
"... next tourney has sinister cerberus, so if you go with either heavy ranged ranged or heavy melee against it, you keep that wonders for your buff, but disconnect victory springs which will buff dogs and don't use fire phoenix which will buff both

So you can 'fix' it by disconnecting your special buildings!

I am sure they will fix this by Tuesday though - too many people are affected!

72730747_10215046386373711_2841146507258757120_n.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2019-10-26_15-38-23.png
    upload_2019-10-26_15-38-23.png
    145.3 KB · Views: 68

DeletedUser23049

There are some nice changes coming soon (now in Beta Server) that will help with Scouting:

Dear Humans and Elves,
Today's update includes the following content:
On the World Map, you will now find a new button that will open a window showing your World Map progress: Show Provinces Overview.

province_overview_button.png

"Scoutable" tab
The new window has two tabs. The first tab shows an overview of all your scoutable Provinces, including the most important information about a province (including direction as seen from your city, distance, type, and difficulty). From this tab, you can immediately start a scout, or you can navigate to the Province on the World Map.
I've had that now for well over a week.
province_overview.png

"Incomplete" tab
The second tab shows a list of all Provinces that you have scouted, but that have not yet been completed. You can also navigate to the Province from here. This will take you right into the Province for you to start completing Encounters.

province_overview2.png

The Province Overview button is also available within a Province, so you can use it to switch between Provinces without having to go back to the World Map first.

Please let us know your thoughts in our feedback thread!

DeletedUser23258

Tournament Bug - confirmed!
From Dony in the Beta Forum, about the Bug - all enemy units from Mercenary Camp and Training Grounds (not Barracks) are buffed by your special buildings - including Ancient Wonders!
https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/inde...g-more-damage-then-intended.14012/#post-79818

"I have made many tests now and every single unit which is same on both sides is affected by this bug, every buff our units receive same enemy units receive as well, so basically all units from mercenary camp and training grounds are affected. disconnecting ancient wonders/fire phoenix which buff them can help reduce damage taken
"So every tournament or province which has same units as we can train is affected.

(Unless it gets fixed before Tuesday)
"... next tourney has sinister cerberus, so if you go with either heavy ranged ranged or heavy melee against it, you keep that wonders for your buff, but disconnect victory springs which will buff dogs and don't use fire phoenix which will buff both

So you can 'fix' it by disconnecting your special buildings!

I am sure they will fix this by Tuesday though - too many people are affected!

72730747_10215046386373711_2841146507258757120_n.jpg
It seems this would have also applied to the Frog Prince in Crystal tourney as it is from the Mercenary camp. What are you supposed to do with all your fighting AW's MM, DA, NoT, ToT, VS? The Fire Phoenix? Not everyone has that much extra room. Which AW's? What about the Uleashed & Enlighted buildings? I had 4 in 1 city 3 in another & the Fire Phoenix & lost way too many armies & goods. As an Elf, I am supposed to use dogs, banshees & treants, are you saying I can only use treants & no phoenix or helping building???? Just super frustrated at all the lost armies & goods, pet food too. Really hope they do something about getting this fixed before tourney starts & offer compensation/ replacements.

Status
Not open for further replies.