• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

At What Point...

DeletedUser20709

Hello again,
I fear I am getting to a point where I may have outgrown my fellowship. We have 22 people but I take screenshots of everyone's points every Friday and compare.....And it's apparent we only have about 10 people we can call active. I have 15k points and the next closet player has 10k. I regularly pick up ALL the guilds trades on a daily basis. I'm pretty sure my guild hasn't taken more than 10 of my trades since I've been here. I was promoted to Mage a short time after I joined and took an active part in trying to recruit new members, sent out 100's of invites and got 0 responses.
I like the people who are active alot, but it's obvious to me that I could prolly better my game if I was in a more proactive guild.
At what point do you say Thank you and goodbye?

Is there a wait time between leaving one guild and joining another?

Appreciate any input.

DeletedUser20396

I've never jumped ship as it were to another one, so I don't know if you have a certain amount of time before you can join another, but I do know that you grow your city and your understanding more with active people. :) I really can't say much though, because mine has just about as much, but the trades flow rocks down a steep hill. I really like where I am, and this is the first FS I ever joined. I started playing on Black Friday of 2018, so there again, I can't give much advice to you. … I really don't know why I'm typing this here. *confused look covering my face* I hope it helps anyway:p:cool::D

DeletedUser20709

I totally understand that people will play at their own pace, but it would be nice if I had at least a couple more people in the guild that took the game as serious as I do. I get as much aid from my neighbors as I get from my 22 player guild...that's just unacceptable in the long run.

DeletedUser20396

What world be ye in? Down at the bottom of the forum there is many FS's looking for someone to join. Just look in the right world, and check the date it was posted and you should be fine. :)

DeletedUser20709

I've been looking around...There's no hurry of course, I should start chapter V tomorrow, so things are going to get harder and I like to be prepared. ;)

Gath Of Baal

If you like the few active members in your fellowship, you could as a mage in that fellowship, start the conversation of finding another small fellowship to merge with, this way you can still keep the actives in your fellowship together and gain new active members at a faster rate then looking for individuals to join

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
Also if you don't mind new players, check mark the join directly in your overview. ( it will show when you click the edit button there). You might have to keep an eye on them that they are playing often, but I have found 2 or 3 new active members by having it this way lately! You will have to have an open spot made for this to work also, so you would have to remove an inactive player as you get new recruits... Hope this helps!

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
The only "wait" time is that you can't join two fellowships in one day. If you join one, then leave the same day, you can't join another until the next day.

Aside from that, if you join in the middle of a fellowship adventure, you can't participate in the current map, but have to wait for the next.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
@Itireae Sharic It does sound to me that it's time for you to make a move. Whether that's get a few of the folks you're playing with to merge with another FS or just finding one on your own. I'd caution against just taking the few active members you have and making a new FS. That's just one more partial FS in a world of partial FS's, lol. I find having an FS with a large range of scores is most helpful. There's a few around your level to commiserate with, but there are larger cities that can help you and smaller ones that you can help. It's really hard when the FS is made up of players all around the same level. How do they help you/you help them when everyone is struggling with the same needs? This website should be helpful to you:
https://www.elvenstats.com/
It compiles statistics that give you a better idea of the actual activity levels of various players/fellowships. You can look yourself up, look up other players, look up your FS, and look up any FS you're considering joining. <<That's probably a really good idea. I haven't yet seen anyone post in the recruiting section: "Well, half my FS hasn't been seen since last month and we're only 20 members to start with and only 5 play the tourneys and if we could just get a few more active players maybe we could turn this ship around..." Those conditions usually come out as: "We're an easy-going laid back bunch that love this game. We're looking for active players who enjoy the game as much as we do. There's not a lot of rules, we just want everyone to respect each other and be active. Oh, and NO DRAMA"
^^Had to put that last 'drama' part in for laughs; I giggle every time I see that or 'looking for active players'. I'm still waiting for someone to try to recruit inactive players and say 'we welcome drama', lol!

DeletedUser20709

Thanks guys...I'll check that box right now, we currently have 3 openings. I will approach the active members I chat with and present the merge idea, see what they think.
Appreciate the advice and help.

You hit the nail right on the head @samidodamage. I appreciate the advice and will take a look at the stat site...see if I can glean any useful intel.
Thanks again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I have found that some archmages hate kicking players out of their fellowships, whether the player has long since gone inactive or is just totally unhelpful to anyone. As a mage, you have the power to kick those inactive players out, which someone will have to do if you hit the 25 member limit. I have seen fellowships where every member is made a mage without any kind of requirements to qualify as one.

DeletedUser20709

I have found that some archmages hate kicking players out of their fellowships, whether the player has long since gone inactive or is just totally unhelpful to anyone. As a mage, you have the power to kick those inactive players out, which someone will have to do if you hit the 25 member limit. I have seen fellowships where every member is made a mage without any kind of requirements to qualify as one.
I discussed the guild with the ArchMage when she made me a Mage. We agreed there was no reason to kick anyone out up until we had 25 players and needed the room. Closet we have come is 23, and someone left in the last 2 days. We didn't even have a Welcome Page, or any info on what the guild was about when I joined. I have since corrected that. As I mentioned, I try and send out 30 or 40 invites a week. I've never been involved in a game where recruiting people was so difficult. ^ - ^

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I discussed the guild with the ArchMage when she made me a Mage. We agreed there was no reason to kick anyone out up until we had 25 players and needed the room. Closet we have come is 23, and someone left in the last 2 days. We didn't even have a Welcome Page, or any info on what the guild was about when I joined. I have since corrected that. As I mentioned, I try and send out 30 or 40 invites a week. I've never been involved in a game where recruiting people was so difficult. ^ - ^

That is cool. Some archmages do not like to do the work alone, so helping out is good. :)

As for the core problem that you, and many (most) other fellowships, face in this game is that almost all of the more experienced players are already in fellowships. Of all the players who are not in a fellowship and who have a score of around 50k and up, probably at least 90% no longer play the game. The remaining few active players not in fellowships, seem to not want to join a fellowship and prefer to play alone. I have sat there and looked at player after player on Arendyll, using elvenstats.com, from the very top of the list down to scores of 50k and found this out. None of the active players who were not in fellowships that I invited and messaged even had the courtesy to message back.

Then the problem you have with trying to recruit lower score players who look to be active is that there is a very good chance they are mobile-only players. Sure, they can receive and see an actual invite, but they will never see any accompanying messages you may try to send them at the same time.

I remember when Inno added a 6th, and then a 7th, US server and I wondered why they did it when there is so much dead space on the older servers. This makes it harder to track down new members also as newer players get spread out across even more servers.

DeletedUser20709

That is cool. Some archmages do not like to do the work alone, so helping out is good. :)

As for the core problem that you, and many (most) other fellowships, face in this game is that almost all of the more experienced players are already in fellowships. Of all the players who are not in a fellowship and who have a score of around 50k and up, probably at least 90% no longer play the game. The remaining few active players not in fellowships, seem to not want to join a fellowship and prefer to play alone. I have sat there and looked at player after player on Arendyll, using elvenstats.com, from the very top of the list down to scores of 50k and found this out. None of the active players who were not in fellowships that I invited and messaged even had the courtesy to message back.

Then the problem you have with trying to recruit lower score players who look to be active is that there is a very good chance they are mobile-only players. Sure, they can receive and see an actual invite, but they will never see any accompanying messages you may try to send them at the same time.

I remember when Inno added a 6th, and then a 7th, US server and I wondered why they did it when there is so much dead space on the older servers. This makes it harder to track down new members also as newer players get spread out across even more servers.

I had forgotten that mobile players can't chat or message. That was an issue with FOE as well. I'll have to see what the other members say, but I'm not to confident that they will want to make any changes that require much effort on their part. I may just have to go all gunslinger on them and go out and find my own guild. I will miss them, but I came to play, not make friends. :p

Thanks for the input @Enevhar Aldarion

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I had forgotten that mobile players can't chat or message.

Oh, mobile players can use chat, they just have to be in a fellowship with you already to talk that way.

But I would hold off on making any big changes for right now, or jumping somewhere else. I expect there to be a lot of shakeup in a lot of fellowships now that we have the Royal Restoration spell to win in the weekly tournaments. We do not have to complete all 10 chests to get them, the way you have to if you want the blueprint, so people who want to get them, but are in fellowships who do not care about doing the tournaments, will be looking for someplace new that does.

DeletedUser20951

I will miss them, but I came to play, not make friends. :p
DUDE, yes. I believe in being friendly or at least civil, I think it's rude to ignore people, I have a hard time not typing out whatever random thought crosses my mind when I have access to a chatbox because it's both entertaining and forces me to arrange my ideas in a manner that makes sense, providing internal mental clarity, but I do not play a game in order to socialize. If I wanted that, there are many, many, many more efficient social platforms for it.

i8sh

To answer your questions:
At what point do you say Thank you and goodbye? Is there a wait time between leaving one guild and joining another?

You say thank you and goodbye once the direction of the fellowship (FS) no longer matches your objectives as a player. It sounds like you have been patient and given your current FS an opportunity to become more active. If you are an active player, take your time and research a new FS that matches what you are looking for (either through elvenstats and/or by contacting their archmage to ask any questions you might want to know). Most archmages will gladly accept an active player who can do the daily visits.

It is also a good idea to send a message to members before leaving and perhaps direct messages to those whom you want to see a reply as your messages sent to "all fellowship members" will be removed from your inbox and outbox and you will be unable to see their reply to your message.

The only "wait" time is that you can't join two fellowships in one day. If you join one, then leave the same day, you can't join another until the next day.

Aside from that, if you join in the middle of a fellowship adventure, you can't participate in the current map, but have to wait for the next.

Though I have not joined two fellowships in the same day I left mine yesterday for the reasons stated above and was able to join an new one immediately after (note I had made contact with another archmage prior to clicking the leave button to minimize the time spent without a FS).

DeletedUser20709

Good morning,
Thank you @i8sh.

I thought I would get to work trying to gather some info and also thought I would keep a running log in here. Some of the info may need to be crunched and I may need some more advice. :eek::rolleyes::D

Last night I started with the basics, first checking how many actual players were registered on my server world. That number was 34,303 at the time I checked. What I found most odd was the fact that 3,204 players had an account but had 0 points. That indicates to me that an account was created but no actions were ever taken in game.

Checking Elvenstats I can see my suspicions about some of our players was correct...8 out of 22 have been inactive for more than 60 days. My score is almost 3x the avg members score. We avg 2 chests per tournament :mad:.

Well, checking all these players, scores and Fellowships, 1 thing stands out...As well as I think I am doing, I have a long way to go to be even a minor league player. I did learn I started a month later than I thought I did. I created the acct on 1 NOV but didnt start playing until 3 DEC, so I've only been playing 98 days. I'm happy with that progress, just unlocked Chapter V.

I guess I will stick things out here until I can increase my score to >30,000. :rolleyes:

*Elvenstats says my player profile is: Person that never sleeps or only sleeps for 2:59 minutes at a time. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser20709

Hi guys and gals.
I reached out to a Mage of a top 100 guild last night, sent a short message. Waiting to hear back from him/her to see if I might be a good fit for their FS. Last thing I wanna do is bail on the people I like, only to find myself with a group of people I don't, even if it's a better situation overall. :(

Having just reached Chapter V, I am looking down the road and it looks like the Portal is going to be my next biggest challenge per se. It reads like a small city within a city, with its own roads and bldgs. I think I would approach this with a group of connecting expansions, trying to keep all that grouped together. The copper and granite mines seem to be a bit pop intensive, so I need to keep an eye on that as well.

I was wondering if any of you who have "been there, done that" have any advice, pros and cons of a specific layout, etc.. Any must do preparation(s) prior to starting that section. I would love to hear from any of you.
Thanks.