• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Feedback Autumn Zodiac event

Smooper

So are there 2 buildings here which give you troops? The Mirrors of the Cosmos produces the orcs which are more like goods, right?

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
I think it comes down to what other uses you have for the pet food you would use.
in part, yea. But if you dont have many uses for pet food in what you placed.. then youre probably not making as many either.
But the simple math of what it costs to make two pet foods needed for this evolving building is fairly clear. Lower tourney players it will cost more then they get. Early/mid level players might break even. Mid lvl might gain a few cc's. The real benefit is later on; the higher lvl players that can do a lot of provenances. They are the ones that will benefit the most from this.

This may be something you get for what it can do for you further down the road than just what it can do for you today.
Agreed.
Thats also why, dispite my ever growing hatred of the never ending events, i have so far done them all for the evolving buildings. You never know what might come in handy later on. Or if a building gets adjusted to something that then becomes useful. - Thats also why i hate that 'oh just skip it then' so call argument. This evolving building is a perfect example of something that could be worthless or mediocre to many, but could one day become useful. And while one may very well want to skip it, they know there is potential that they are screwing themselves over later by not doing it.

Alram

Flippers just flip
Thats also why, dispite my ever growing hatred of the never ending events, i have so far done them all for the evolving buildings. You never know what might come in handy later on. Or if a building gets adjusted to something that then becomes useful. - Thats also why i hate that 'oh just skip it then' so call argument. This evolving building is a perfect example of something that could be worthless or mediocre to many, but could one day become useful. And while one may very well want to skip it, they know there is potential that they are screwing themselves over later by not doing it.
I'm all for the "oh just skip it then" argument if you can't use it now or very soon. I don't have any fear of missing out. There are too many buildings for you to ever run out of things to put in your city. If you want to do every event and collect buildings for your inventory like pokemon, you should definitely do that and have fun with it.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I'm all for the "oh just skip it then" argument if you can't use it now or very soon. I don't have any fear of missing out. There are too many buildings for you to ever run out of things to put in your city. If you want to do every event and collect buildings for your inventory like pokemon, you should definitely do that and have fun with it.

I have all the evolving buildings out and at max evolve, because I like collecting them, but many of the building sets I have never put out or have put out and then sold off over the years. Those can take up too much space, even for someone who has bought a lot of the premium expansions.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
There have been a select few that even i would say would would have sucked to miss out on. Maybe a person didnt realize the implications of it atm and skipped (or any other reason).. Like the all mighty fire phoenix. Imagine having skipped that and then realized its greatness later... /shudders.

Flashfyre

There have been a select few that even i would say would would have sucked to miss out on. Maybe a person didnt realize the implications of it atm and skipped (or any other reason).. Like the all mighty fire phoenix. Imagine having skipped that and then realized its greatness later... /shudders.
Hah. The "almighty phoenix"? I haven't had one for years, and it hasn't hurt one bit. I can gold Spire every week, run Tourney to at least 12 full provinces, and finish a minimum of 1 Map Province every day. And I rarely fight. I have very few AWs that are martial in nature, saving me city space for additional manufacturing.

Always amusing how often those who choose to mainly fight focus so much on this bird. But I guess if there was some single building that did as much for the catering side, I might be tempted to wax enthusiastic about all the time. Too bad the devs have seen fit to ignore us for so long.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Always amusing how often those who choose to mainly fight focus so much on this bird. But I guess if there was some single building that did as much for the catering side, I might be tempted to wax enthusiastic about all the time. Too bad the devs have seen fit to ignore us for so long.

Storm and Aureate Phoenix for caterers, probably. Storm, for sure, because it adds to the MM bonus while fed. It just sucks that the feeding only lasts for 3 1/2 hours, but at least that is a 9-hour and a 3-hour collection, if you feed when the 9-hour is ready to collect, so lots of extra goods for catering.

Flashfyre

Storm and Aureate Phoenix for caterers, probably. Storm, for sure, because it adds to the MM bonus while fed. It just sucks that the feeding only lasts for 3 1/2 hours, but at least that is a 9-hour and a 3-hour collection, if you feed when the 9-hour is ready to collect, so lots of extra goods for catering.
True, but not exactly the same benefit: a match would be one that reduces the actual costs of goods used in negotiations, scaling with evolve level. Since the fire chicken improves troop stats, not the ability to make more troops (or make them cheaper), caterers always pay full price for their solving of an encounter. Fighters with any kind of support building never do. And now with Vitality Surges and Twilight Phoenix (suuure, INNO, lets give fighters another bird!) not only do they not have to spend the full price of troops, they even get some refunded when they finish the fight!

Bahh. Things will never change. And I think it's problematic that INNO is trying to force me to play in a way that I don't want to. Fighting is going to keep getting easier and cheaper for everyone, while negotiating will either stay the same, or get worse.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
True, but not exactly the same benefit: a match would be one that reduces the actual costs of goods used in negotiations, scaling with evolve level. Since the fire chicken improves troop stats, not the ability to make more troops (or make them cheaper), caterers always pay full price for their solving of an encounter. Fighters with any kind of support building never do. And now with Vitality Surges and Twilight Phoenix (suuure, INNO, lets give fighters another bird!) not only do they not have to spend the full price of troops, they even get some refunded when they finish the fight!

Bahh. Things will never change. And I think it's problematic that INNO is trying to force me to play in a way that I don't want to. Fighting is going to keep getting easier and cheaper for everyone, while negotiating will either stay the same, or get worse.

Fire Phoenix is good, but only if your troops can get in the first hit because it only boosts damage, not health. A fighter also needs a high level Martial Monastery/Sanctuary and the military temp buildings that boost health to survive first strikes against their troops, so they have a chance to win the fight.

And we do have the Astral Phoenix now, with the 10% reduction in Spire diplomacy costs when fed at max evolve. I would not be surprised if there is a similar one in the planning stages for the tournament.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
Always amusing how often those who choose to mainly fight focus so much on this bird.
its no big mystery. Its a single building that give +50% dmg to ALL unit types. Thats damn impressive. And the best single boost available in game. Even the expiring buildings only give a bonus to one single type of unit. Even the monistary AW that gives health to all units, at lvl 30, is only a 30% bonus. Which is good for sure, but nothing available comes close to the fire phoenix.
I prefer fighting when i can. I find it cheaper and more efficient. And im at a point now where i can use my military to do the whole spire and ~3k tourney points each and every week AND be able to fully retrain all my losses each week. And i get to keep all (or nearly all) my goods. So i find that a pretty good deal.

But I guess if there was some single building that did as much for the catering side, I might be tempted to wax enthusiastic about all the time. Too bad the devs have seen fit to ignore us for so long.
The storm and aceurate phoenix were supposed to be a catering equivalent to the fire/fighter. The storm gives +50% to the MM spell. Which is nice... bu suffers from a HORRIBLE time duration of 3.5h. Making it close to useless for long term. I honestly only place it out at the start of an FA. My main factorys are ready with 2d production at start. MM em up, feed storm, collect a lot of goods for braclet. Trouble, is that all you getout of it that day (since i then do a round of 1days).
Aureate Phoenix you could get up to a 300% boost to your stanrd goods production.. but again.. a 3.5h time duration. So its good for only 1 or 2 collections.
Thats what makes them so sub par.
I guarentee you if the fire phoenix only last 3h, it wouldnt be as so reveared. Still some because you can do a single round of tourney and all spire (more if you have bear+time warp). So it would still have a good use... but less so.
Ppl complained a lot about it when they came out. Sadly inno refused to change the duration. Which is sad...

Moho

Chef
The event has started.

i36.jpg

Deleted User - 1759441

first thing i needed was to visit neighbors, no problem and for the first time that i know of, it did not demand $ collected. The 2nd thing was to create goods with the 3 hour setting. being first thing in the morning, this is not going to happen. i am still waiting for my last night 9 hour settings to finish. so i got one round. I usually get a few but to be honest? i grow tired of this mountain of ever new things being piled on my back. building a city used to be the reason of this game, now it is trying to keep up with events that have a drastic sliding scale of Trash Prizes. Please keep your stupid, judgments to yourself and you mindless attacks. i play the game and i have an opinion and left this, i did not troll your comment i simply left what i feel. If you need to be a troll, go away.

hvariidh gwendrot

our newer players are psyched, the advanced players have all the buildings and getting cc for pet food with the evolve bldg is meh, so we'll help the newer players and gather our game goodies as we go

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
I am definitely going to try for a 2nd base, though I probably won't need it.
But in all fairness, I feel it may be a bit overpowered for late-game players, although a very good addition for low-mid game players who struggle to get enough CC spells.
Actually, I foresee the next complaint to come; many players will be running out of spellfragments way before they run out of CC spells.

Tinlug is an EXCELLENT building for advanced players. At stage 10 (when fed) it will give 1 CC spell for every 5 tourney encounters.
A lot of late-game players will do the tourney in 1 long sitting as they have no reset-time.
So someone doing 20 provinces for 6 rounds will have 120 encounters, which means 24 CC-spells. That outperforms 3 full Moonstone lib sets, but on just a 3x3 base! For 30 provinces it would be 180 encounters, so 36 CC spells. All for 1 petfood in that case and I have seen way more offers for petfood than before.
It means one can get way more CC-spells for way less space. Of course, that only works for us old-timers who actually had a chance to get multiple Moonstone lib sets. But I already have teleported all of mine and they probably won't come back. Maybe 1 set, but more because I like the look than because I will need it.
There are always time boosters that can be won in the spire (or crafted obviously) to use to get more spell frags if wanted...I just used a couple bc had some sips of clarity and was eager to use them all at one time lol. But I do agree with you on everything you posted as not everybody has or gets tons of time boosters. Just depends on playing style.

Last edited:

hvariidh gwendrot

tinlig blows as in terrible, all my cities have 100's of cc and next to no pet food,programmers have some sort of mental retardation going on when it comes to pet food

StarLoad

Does anyone else find the random key drop to be, "a tad bit" light in contrasting color to find when zoomed out?

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
annoying quest.jpg

Donating to the ma... it should be a overly simple quest, instead its rather annoying due to how they designed the cauldron.
I use my cauldron effect right at the end for the military boost. But your not allowed to donate until AFTER you use its effects. Which usually means i have a matter of hours, some times just minutes... where i can donate to the MA. Which is a horrible design in and of itself.
But now with these donate to ma quests... expecially right at the start of the event, which started before tourney.. it poses the delimea. Either i can wait several days until i use it normally, which means several days of no quests getting done.. or... waste this weeks entire use just to gain access to the donation window so i can finish the quest. A true waste since tourney hasnt even started; much less the fact that it would still only be round 1 if it had.
This should be really simple. Something no one would ever notice or mention because its so simple.. Instead its just an annoyance because we are not allowed to donate until after we use its effects.
And the solution is simple. Allow access to the donation window at all times; Not only after its been used. It was one of the big complains when cauldron first came out.

--
Tho the 'daily quest' in the seasons that has the donate to ma quest is even more annoying. Since its most efficent to use a military boost on the cauldrons last day (due to the timing/days that its available), that means on only 1 day out of 7 is the donation window even open! (And only for a few hours or few minutes at that.) So needless to say, that quest is skipped constantly.
So its an issue all around. Make the donation window separate form the usage window so it can be accessible all the time.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
I was just coming to report, we have the updated quest list for 9, 25, 40 and possibly 49 on the EN server. I would hazard a guess that the change over will occur with the next game update on Thursday, can someone confirm @-Solaris- @Astram?