• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Balance the Battle!

DeletedUser2963

I started a new city to test out the battle in lower chapters. Right now I have a Chapter 2 city(very start of chapter 2) with no squad size up grades. Getting through the 10 provinces required for chapter 1, the biggest issue I had was troop training times. I could have negotiated, but did not, as that defeats the purpose of the experiment. As of right now, I have provinces open in ring three, but none in ring 4. My squad size is 24, enemy squad size in ring 3 ranges from 28-100. It looks like I am out numbered, but I am not. In this ring the maximum number of squads seems to be 4, I do not have a single enemy with more than 4 squads. The fewer squads the enemy has, the higher the squad size(i.e. 4 squads/28 squad size, 3 squads/35, 2 squads/50, 1 squad/100. The 4 squad battles are costing me allot of troops, if I were not experimenting I would negotiate these. In the 3,2 and 1 squad size fights my losses are determined by enemy troop type (i.e. 1 hm squad of 100 units I can beat with 0 losses, 2 freaking dogs with a squad size of 50 just chew through all my squads). I hate those dogs!!!!!

So far, my biggest problem in chapter 2 is those dogs!!! They just chew me up, the troop losses are taking forever to replace!
I will be researching my first chpt 2 squad size upgrade, adding HM and I will be getting my own dogs shortly. Based on what I am seeing in ring 3, once those 3 things happen, I will be in a much better position.

I am not an advanced player. I've barely been playing a month and I'm not to chapter 3 yet. It's not an "inconvenience" for me. I can't progress any further.

I don't have any provinces open in ring 4 yet. You say you cannot progress any further, what are you facing in ring 4?

If you are fighting in ring 5 or 6, ignore this post, as you only need to be in ring 4 to get out of chapter 2.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser61

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
My next squad upgrade in the new city is two researches away. This will bring my squads up to 15. I'm already at 20 to 30 sized enemy squads
  • Are you facing 5 enemy squads of 20-30, or just a couple?
  • What is the total number of enemy units vs your total?
  • can you show us a screenshot of what you are up against?
I also made a new account, and was able to blindly autofight the first 14 provinces

DeletedUser4417

I am not an advanced player. I've barely been playing a month and I'm not to chapter 3 yet. It's not an "inconvenience" for me. I can't progress any further.
In addition to the other questions. lol.

What race are you playing? If you typed it out already I missed it sorry.
What troops are you deploying?

DeletedUser

My first city is Elves. My second and newer one is Humans. I am facing 5 squads of several numbers higher than me in both cities. I don't remember which ring I'm on in the elven city but I'm only on ring 2 in the human. It doesn't matter how I set it up. It doesn't matter if I auto battle or not. I just managed to win a battle where there were only 3 squads (in the second city) but it's the first I've seen of it in awhile and even that was pretty rough...only one of my squads was still alive at the end. I have Lgt Melee and Lgt Ranged in the both cities. I also just opened up Treants in the Elven city but haven't had time to try them yet. Since my squads are 69 and I'm facing 5 squads of 120 in that city I don't think they'll change it too much in my favor though. No matter how much you work with strengths and weaknesses sometimes numbers just win out. I have officially run out of room in my first city and therefore can't progress anymore until the battle is fixed.

I have seen and attempted to use to the best advantage the information in the links that Katwijk included in his/her post. It hasn't mattered. I'm tired of Inno ignoring me and everyone else in my predicament. I'm tired of other players implying that it's my fault because I'm not deploying troops right. I know you mean it in the spirit of helpfulness. But it ends up coming off as insulting instead. I have tried all your suggestions and still can not win. Thank you for your help to the other members. Inno, get off your butts and fix this crap or you won't have anyone left to buy your all-so-important diamonds. I'm leaving in a week if this isn't sorted out or at least a post put up stating that you will be fixing it ASAP. And don't give me anymore nonsense about the three part update is going to rebalance it. All three parts are out now and it's worse than ever. FIX THIS!!!

I tried being patient and polite. I'll still remain polite as I can, but I will not be patient anymore. I'm sick of this.

I just went back and counted out rings for my larger elven city. I'm mostly still in ring 3 though I do have a couple in ring 4 because I needed some of the relics and they were closest to ones I'd just finished.

DeletedUser2753

I hope you were being sarcastic kat....

Main Page:
"You can either become a skilled and well-known trader, refine your producing art or lead your troops to victory in 3D-animated battles, the decision is up to you.

The game is still in an early stage of development. This means that many improvements will be added in the coming months and that new game elements are still being developed. The game will be constantly updated and perfected considering our users suggestions and ideas, for that reason: play the game, engage in it and contribute to constantly improving Elvenar, helping us to take Elvenar to a new level of excellency!"

Units:
Attack range 14
( last updated 19 July 2016 by Muf-muf )

DeletedUser

The game is still in an early stage of development.

This is a new game? How long has it been running? It's new and looking for suggestions to make it play right and yet they won't take our suggestions? The only Mod I've seen on here was here to give Dhurrin an infraction. If any of the others are reading this, by not posting or making any of the changes, they are essentially saying they don't care what we have to say. Especially this isn't the only group of posts on this topic. If they are going to stop caring about what the players have to say while the game is still considered new I don't have much hope for how long this will last. The premise and the artwork are good. But that will only get you so far if your mechanics and customer service are bad...

DeletedUser61

I hope you were being sarcastic kat...
Perhaps we have a different threshold. Let me say it this way. The Elvenar Wiki is much better than the Wikis that I've previously had to depend on, including Forge of Empires, Worlds of Warcraft, and several City Building titles.

If you want to throw rocks at the Elvenar Wiki, then to be fair you're really obliged to provide us with an example of a gaming Wiki that's been done better.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Perhaps we have a different threshold. Let me say it this way. The Elvenar Wiki is much better than the Wikis that I've previously had to depend on, including Forge of Empires, Worlds of Warcraft, and several City Building titles.

If you want to throw rocks at the Elvenar Wiki, then to be fair you're really obliged to provide us with an example of a gaming Wiki that's been done better.

It's hard to compare something like WoW to Elvenar for anything including their wiki pages. I think it's reasonable to expect one that is up to date though.
Beta release>approval to go live>planned wiki update>Live release+wiki update

Edit: I've said before, I don't like developer controlled wikis. The beauty of wikipedia is that users can contribute, and 1,000s of users are usually better than a handful of developers (and free for the company too!)

DeletedUser

I'm quitting this game. I've received a private message claiming that my "duplicate posting" is inappropriate. I have no duplicate posts. In addition no one else is contributing to this thread except me according the mod who decided to write me up. So not only do they attack people who make valid points they don't like but they are willing to belittle all the others who go along with that point if it means they can justify their nastiness. I'm so done with this.

DeletedUser551

We'll be sorry to see you go if you indeed decide to quit the game. That still doesn't give you the right to derail the conversation over a matter that should be discussed privately between you and the moderator team. Please get back on track with the topic.

DeletedUser43

To address your broader question, our concerns are for the integrity of the GAME, not the temporary inconvenience of a few advanced users who have discovered how to to distort the envelope that InnoGames had in mind, and have made it APPARENT than the game is flawed and/or too shallow in some areas. And now they have to Pay the Piper.

Pay the piper? For playing the game? Why doesn't this kind of comment get an infraction? This player is saying that players of this game must be PUNISHED. All Dhurrin tried to do was stop this incessant player blaming. One player walked into the forums to give their feedback and again got pounded upon. Of course some of us are losing our temper with this behavior. But why is it always the person who punches back who gets called out?

And fyi Kat, what you and Lion are fighting for is destroying the integrity of the game. Players now see Inno as liars. They were told the battle system would be more balanced and easier to win. That was a lie. We are told this is to make the game better...well...it certainly isn't better for the players. It sucks for us. How is that "good for the game?" The game isn't good. You can be in chapter 1 or 2 or 9 and it doesn't matter. Players are facing impossible battles.

I am at the end of the tech tree and I want to know why I am too far ahead on the world map? I am 200 provinces away from getting all the current expansions. Why is that too far ahead? I have been here for 2 years and yet, I am years away from having all the expansions. Years. How is that too far ahead? Why is that too far ahead? Why is Cordelia too far ahead?

I'm tired of Inno ignoring me and everyone else in my predicament. I'm tired of other players implying that it's my fault because I'm not deploying troops right. I know you mean it in the spirit of helpfulness. But it ends up coming off as insulting instead. I have tried all your suggestions and still can not win. Thank you for your help to the other members. Inno, get off your butts and fix this crap or you won't have anyone left to buy your all-so-important diamonds. I'm leaving in a week if this isn't sorted out or at least a post put up stating that you will be fixing it ASAP. And don't give me anymore nonsense about the three part update is going to rebalance it. All three parts are out now and it's worse than ever. FIX THIS!!!

I tried being patient and polite. I'll still remain polite as I can, but I will not be patient anymore. I'm sick of this.

I understand about the double posting, but honestly, the auto message about it is really harsh and completely unbalanced for a very minor issue. You could simply say...hey...it is easier on our servers if you just edit posts rather than post after yourself. Thank for helping us! Instead of Hey...you criminal....you vill be punished if you ever do such a low down dirty thing again. Because, that is how that auto post comes off. Infractions? Warnings? Seriously? Come on now. We are all adults and double posting isn't the worst thing anyone can do. Sure, sure, try to stop people from doing it, ok, but it comes off so dang harsh. I don't know if anyone really meant it to sound as strong as it is. People who are good people are called criminals who deserve infractions, when really it is just a housekeeping issue about using less server space. We drive so many people away from the forums with that. Can that auto message be reworked?

It is bad for the game if the game is so unbalanced that battles are unwinnable. It is horrible for the game to have these players here who pounce on anyone who dares to offer negative feedback. It is death for the forums if people are allowed to attack other people who are unhappy. And it is really horrible for the integrity of the moderators to have the nasty player shaming pouncers be the ones who are always protected. Then no one trusts the mods and I know how hard you guys work. I understand that it is a lot easier to give out an infraction for a direct insult, but the underhanded insults are just as strong and felt equally.

No players OVER flipping SCOUTED anything. They didn't OVER do jack. They are not bad and gluttonous people who need to be freaking punished!!! The game is not better because these disgraceful and disgusting players played the game and now will have to pay the blood piper. That is insulting as hell and it is just as much against the forum rules as is using a bad word against someone.

This thread has managed to run off yet another player. That should be the number one rule in the forums....don't lose customers!

DeletedUser4417

Pay the piper? For playing the game? Why doesn't this kind of comment get an infraction? This player is saying that players of this game must be PUNISHED. All Dhurrin tried to do was stop this incessant player blaming. One player walked into the forums to give their feedback and again got pounded upon. Of course some of us are losing our temper with this behavior. But why is it always the person who punches back who gets called out?

Hardly. Cordelia walked in and made a statement. It was inaccurate. I corrected what was inaccurate and what happened? Dhurrin attacked. Yes, attacked. It was in clear language and tone that he did so. If he had a problem with something I posted then he should have directed it ~at the post~ rather than the player. When a person comes at a poster directly, that is an an attack, when the comment it directed against what is posted them that is an argument. That is why some get infractions and some don't.

Players now see Inno as liars. They were told ... and easier to win. That was a lie. We are told this is to make the game better...

I'd like to see a link to a post where Inno said that the new system would make battles easier to win. Strong words call for a backup.

It is horrible for the game to have these players here who pounce on anyone who dares to offer negative feedback. It is death for the forums if people are allowed to attack other people who are unhappy. And it is really horrible for the integrity of the moderators to have the nasty player shaming pouncers be the ones who are always protected. Then no one trusts the mods and I know how hard you guys work.

No one has yet to be 'pounced upon' for voicing negative feedback. However when I see a person, any person, put out something that I know to be false by the current game metric I will address it as it my and any other posters right to do so. You don't get to shut someone else down as some have tried to do here by telling them to butt out or they have no business in a thread.

No players OVER flipping SCOUTED anything. They didn't OVER do jack.

Really? Because there are several, near iron-clad and demonstrable metrics that show you are very much wrong in that assumption.

That said, battle balance does need to be looked at once all three parts of the battle upgrade are out and up for general consumption, play and review. I know it is too soon to judge it but so far I can see it needs tweaking as there are complaints by players such as Cordelia and others that cannot win battles at chapters I and II and that in my opinion is wrong as, as long as a person is not 'over' they should be able to battle without the near certainty their hard trained troops get destroyed for no possibility of gain.[/QUOTE]

DeletedUser2522

To address your broader question, our concerns are for the integrity of the GAME, not the temporary inconvenience of a few advanced users who have discovered how to to distort the envelope that InnoGames had in mind, and have made it APPARENT than the game is flawed and/or too shallow in some areas. And now they have to Pay the Piper.

"our" concerns? Really, "our" concerns? So you ARE in cahoots with Inno, that's why you defend every single ridiculous move they make, you're on the payroll!

You know, if a rebalance had to be made that's fine but this is all about $$$$$ and nothing else, you know it, I know it and everyone else with half a brain knows it. There is NOTHING TEMPORARY about this so just stop, it's foolish to keep defending this.

It is also NOT APPARENT that battles were flawed, you yourself just said "A FEW ADVANCED PLAYERS," A FEW. You don't make this kind of a change because of A FEW advanced players AND I'm not advanced at all but I can't battle anymore. The majority of my friendly vs enemy ratios are at 2.5 and I'm only just shy of where I should be. It's all about money.

Assuming that the battles were much harder but doable, the squad sizes are insane. When I reach the 1076 Archers per squad that I need x5 is 59,180 supplies for 1 battle. I don't have to tell anyone how long that takes, not to mention the training time for those units. I guess it's at least 48 hours of hard work for a full restock of JUST THE ARCHERS for ONE battle that will be 3/4 gone in 5 min.

So do we go through all of that for each battle or does Inno go with knowing that a lot of players will either use diamonds to push training along and/or use diamonds at the end of the battle to instantly retrain the units. (I have nothing against Inno making a profit, I understand that they have to in order to keep this going. But this is pure greed and on a mountainous level.)

Give me a break, you think that we're all idiots so please pull the plug on that giant bag of hot air and just stop it! This "pay the piper" for moving to fast is a giant load of garbage and nobody is falling for it.

EDIT: kat quote "If you want to throw rocks at the Elvenar Wiki, then to be fair you're really obliged to provide us with an example of a gaming Wiki that's been done better."
provide "us?"

DeletedUser43

. I corrected what was inaccurate

Nope. What she said was accurate. You lied. No where did they say they were going to cut our troop sizes in half.

and what happened? Dhurrin attacked.

People get tired of lies.

I'd like to see a link to a post where Inno said that the new system would make battles easier to win.

You know so much about the game. You should know.

No one has yet to be 'pounced upon' for voicing negative feedback. However when I see a person, any person, put out something that I know to be false by the current game metric I will address it as it my and any other posters right to do so.

You consistently make errors in your understanding and in your "corrections". You bring inaccurate facts to the conversation.

Really? Because there are several, near iron-clad and demonstrable metrics that show you are very much wrong in that assumption.

A perfect example of the previous statement. The Inno employees have apologized to all players for using this unfortunate terminology and yet you keep perpetuating this ugly myth.

DeletedUser4417

"our" concerns? Really, "our" concerns? So you ARE in cahoots with Inno, that's why you defend every single ridiculous move they make, you're on the payroll!

You know, if a rebalance had to be made that's fine but this is all about $$$$$ and nothing else, you know it, I know it and everyone else with half a brain knows it. There is NOTHING TEMPORARY about this so just stop, it's foolish to keep defending this.

It is also NOT APPARENT that battles were flawed, you yourself just said "A FEW ADVANCED PLAYERS," A FEW. You don't make this kind of a change because of A FEW advanced players AND I'm not advanced at all but I can't battle anymore. The majority of my friendly vs enemy ratios are at 2.5 and I'm only just shy of where I should be. It's all about money.

Assuming that the battles were much harder but doable, the squad sizes are insane. When I reach the 1076 Archers per squad that I need x5 is 59,180 supplies for 1 battle. I don't have to tell anyone how long that takes, not to mention the training time for those units. I guess it's at least 48 hours of hard work for a full restock of JUST THE ARCHERS for ONE battle that will be 3/4 gone in 5 min.

So do we go through all of that for each battle or does Inno go with knowing that a lot of players will either use diamonds to push training along and/or use diamonds at the end of the battle to instantly retrain the units. (I have nothing against Inno making a profit, I understand that they have to in order to keep this going. But this is pure greed and on a mountainous level.)

Give me a break, you think that we're all idiots so please pull the plug on that giant bag of hot air and just stop it! This "pay the piper" for moving to fast is a giant load of garbage and nobody is falling for it.
Nope. You make this kind of a change for the entire game and why? Because players pointed out a flaw within the game that you did not see and now for the long term of that game it requires it to be fixed.

I am pretty sure what Kat meant by 'our concerns' was that it was Inno as well as players that can look ahead at what they are trying to do. It is not any kind of 'aha you work for Inno' moment.

Let's add a mix of reality here for a moment. You think a battalion of soldiers just pops out at the whim of a general? No. It takes time to recruit them. Time to train them. Time to make the armor and weapons they require. Time to grow the food they need while they are trained. It's the same here in the game. No real difference except one is flesh and blood and the other is pixels and coding.

Nope. What she said was accurate. You lied. No where did they say they were going to cut our troop sizes in half.
Might want to go back up and read what I responded to her with before you go making baseless accusation again Bobby. I never said they announced they were cutting troop sizes in half.

People get tired of lies.
So stop misrepresenting and lying about what another says that is ~easily~ researched and that will be one instance of lies removed.

You know so much about the game. You should know.
That is the beauty of the Wiki and the Forums. There is a wealth of information there at a players fingertips should they choose to avail themselves.

A perfect example of the previous statement. The Inno employees have apologized to all players for using this unfortunate terminology and yet you keep perpetuating this ugly myth.
Actually what Inno employees apologized for was the misconception that players were being blamed. That does not however remove the FACTS that some advanced players HAVE over-scouted and over-conquered by the current game metrics.