• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Balance the Battle!

DeletedUser2870

@Bobbykitty
Hats off to the 1:26 statistics. I must admit I never did look into that before, but I know that with the companies I worked with used the 1:10 as a rule of the thumb.
But then again, that was a while ago for me.
Anyway, I just can't believe Inno is just ignoring it this way. I'll be sad to see the game run to the ground, but that IS the way it's going now.

DeletedUser43

Anyway, I just can't believe Inno is just ignoring it this way. I'll be sad to see the game run to the ground, but that IS the way it's going now.

lol I can't either. The longer they ignore this the more expensive it is going to be for them. I wonder if their new partners are thrilled about this? They sold 1/3 of the company right around the time of this new change. Maybe they have some devious plan of selling out, running all the customers off, and then starting a new business elsewhere and trying to capture all these customers again when they have 100% of the company?
Whatever they are doing, I can guarantee the marketing department is pulling their hair out.

DeletedUser4024

I mean, I/m steadily rising in rank, almost daily, on 3 different worlds where I only come online once every other day and where I can't build new stuff due to lack of space. So if I'm not gaining points, how am I rising in rank?
Only one explanation for that: higher ranked players are quitting.

LOL, You too, Dhurrin? I have been stuck doing nothing for weeks now and I seem to be climbing in the ranks as well. I thought it was just my imagination. Been trolling the forums ever since the upgrades and I'm still not winning battles. At this point I am 10 or more provinces behind where I think I should be on the tech tree and I am trying to progress in both a human and elf world at close to the same level. I'm about midway through chapter 3...so all I can do is collect resources and negotiate. This was my fear that my slowed progress would become a bit boring and my fear has come to fruition. Getting bored but at least trying to do the Halloween event. If I can't successfully complete that then I am definitely throwing in the towel.

Glad some people can win battles but I consider myself fairly new and I am not that lucky. I continue to hope for salvation because its a game with what I thought held such great potential, but that was before all the changes ((sighs forlornly)) :rolleyes:

DeletedUser2870

@Shade Shadowdancer
Nope, not your imagination at all. It's something that some of the members of my fellowship here on the US server have commented about as well, so it's a pretty common thing apparently.
This should for a company be pretty scary, for an advanced player just quitting (or not loggin in for a while) shouldn't affect their rank, unless they removed their account. I guess some do.
But there are several ghost-cities on my map now with citynames like 'quit' or 'stopped' etc where they sold off all the buildings except the few that can't be sold. In that way they drop in rank as well.
But either way is a sign of a serious problem. It's like a small hole in a tooth. You can ignore it, and try to mask it, and get painkillers to help you ignore it, but sooner or later it needs to be fixed. Or you end with having all of them affected and going for dental plates if you wait too long.
Except for the fact that if a game is affected for too long there is no way to revive it anymore. Examples enough of that.

DeletedUser4902

LMAO, I just tried a battle after days of non combat, 3 feral archers and a dark abbot against my 3 bud sorceress's a granite golem and Cerberus. Prior to the change my mages would have rendered the archers useless against themselves and the golem, the problem was the arches killed one before she could cast a spell, and the others spells had little effect. It's a total shag up to put it mildly and if there is no change by the time I have maxed out all possible upgrades to all the various buildings factories etc I will just leave the game alone until it's fixed because in it's current format, it's unplayable, unless you buy diamonds of course. not

My city is crammed that tight together Wonky Walter farted and 60 orcs ran off !!!!

DeletedUser2870

lol I can't either. The longer they ignore this the more expensive it is going to be for them. I wonder if their new partners are thrilled about this? They sold 1/3 of the company right around the time of this new change. Maybe they have some devious plan of selling out, running all the customers off, and then starting a new business elsewhere and trying to capture all these customers again when they have 100% of the company?
Whatever they are doing, I can guarantee the marketing department is pulling their hair out.

With the new update coming along and hearing what they say about it, it definitely seems that way.
One would guess that they would have paid attention in economics class: the customers you chase away are the ones you're LEAST likely to get back. And the ones MOST likely to leave bad word-of-mouth in different places, other gaming sites and discussion sites included.
So even if they try to run it to the ground to get the rest of the stock cheap, they're not as likely to get the same amount of enthousiastic players back again.
I know I'm already cutting down on the time playing the game (mainly because there's nothing much to do but wait). But at least for me it's simple enough: if I quit a game, I quit. And I'll not come back no matter what happens. And I know there are quite a few people with that same idea.

DeletedUser2963

3 feral archers and a dark abbot against my 3 bud sorceress's a granite golem and Cerberus. Prior to the change my mages would have rendered the archers useless against themselves and the golem, the problem was the arches killed one before she could cast a spell, and the others spells had little effect.
Prior to the change....This would have been a win
After the change.... You sent them to their death. Before you do it again and blame it on the game, check out the battle guides. Those archers have a bonus against your poor sorceresses, and the dark abbot has a bonus against your poor golem. Your golem has a bonus against the feral archers and the dog was a great choice, but they were outnumbered and backing up a troop type that was all but useless on this field.

https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/mykans-guide-fighting-guide.4205/

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4902

Prior to the change....This would have been a win
After the change.... You sent them to their death. Before you do it again and blame it on the game, check out the battle guides. Those archers have a bonus against your poor sorceresses, and the dark abbot has a bonus against your poor golem. Your golem has a bonus against the feral archers and the dog was a great choice, but they were outnumbered and backing up a troop type that was all but useless on this field.

https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/mykans-guide-fighting-guide.4205/

I have no interest in re learning who beats what when I'm dead before the battle even starts with my troops ridiculously outnumbered and killed before they can even act. While the guide is great for new players, it is out of date right now.

DeletedUser2870

I have no interest in re learning who beats what when I'm dead before the battle even starts with my troops ridiculously outnumbered and killed before they can even act.

Same here. Unless I put up light units or sorceresses which can move first (actually just enough to get in range for the opponents, tyvm) their units will often decimate mine before I have much of a chance to move them into a good position.
And with their squads easily 3x mine they do so much more damage that I really don't see much use in even trying to fight anymore. Even more so since their ability to deal damage seems to have at least doubled, as well as their ability to take hits.

My golems are supposed to be excellent against light troops. They are fair at that at best, but get slaughtered by them nevertheless.
I have no kind of troops at all that are able to form a wall against light melee.
- They just walk all over my elder treants.
- My elite archers drop dead if light melee even looks at them.
- Golems get chopped up.
- Sorceress gets skewered.
- My own light melee might serve, except they are so hopelessly outnumbered they don't even last 2 rounds.

So how the heck am I supposed to hold them off so my golems can deal with them?
And that's even if there are no serious other troops around, which never is the case.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
3 feral archers and a dark abbot against my 3 bud sorceress's a granite golem and Cerberus. Prior to the change my mages would have rendered the archers useless

I have no interest in re learning who beats what

If someone changes the rules regarding what beats what in rock-paper-scissors and you don't want to learn the new rules you will probably lose every time regardless of troops sizes.

That link is to a guide written after the changes and is up to date.

I really wish the new battle pentagon had been rolled out a month before the size changes. The pentagon is better and more balanced than the old way, but that has gotten lost in the squad size changes.

DeletedUser43

How am I supposed to win battles without sorcs? They got a slight change? They lost 25% of their range and they are now in range of every unit that they are supposed to be good against. You spend so long getting the bud sorc and it is useless now.

SoggyShorts

How am I supposed to win battles without sorcs? They got a slight change? They lost 25% of their range and they are now in range of every unit that they are supposed to be good against. You spend so long getting the bud sorc and it is useless now.
When I first read this change I thought "Oh great, they fixed it so enemy mages don't kill you before you can move, then I saw it was for our sorcs too.... so now you can't kite around the enemy? Ouch."

DeletedUser4902

[QUOTE="SoggyShorts,

That link is to a guide written after the changes and is up to date.

.[/QUOTE]

The guide is out of date, for the scroll province it lists these as the enemy, Steinling, Enchantress , Wild Archer and Bandit. The actual enemies are; Steinling II , Feral wild archer, Bandit II and Dark Abbot.

Scroll
Combat_Province_Elve_Scroll.jpg

Enemy units: Steinling, Enchantress , Wild Archer and Bandit
Enemy unit types: Heavy Range, Light range and Mage

Rigid Steinling, Orc General, Mutated Orc General,Ferocious swamp monster, Thornrose mage, Nasty Thief, Develish /enchantress and Wily Bandir aren't mention anywhere.

SoggyShorts

it lists these as the enemy, Steinling, Enchantress , Wild Archer and Bandit. The actual enemies are; Steinling II , Feral wild archer, Bandit II and Dark Abbot.
I haven't got any scrolls open at the moment, but I'm pretty sure that close to home it would be steinlings, and further away it would be steinlings II etc. regardless of what level the enemy units are, the type should remain the same.

DeletedUser2963

I have no interest in re learning who beats what
I will just leave the game alone until it's fixed
Its not broken. You don't want to learn it, that's your choice.

I'm dead before the battle even starts with my troops ridiculously outnumbered and killed before they can even act.
And with their squads easily 3x mine they do so much more damage that I really don't see much use in even trying to fight anymore.
This is an entirely different issue.

The guide is out of date, for the scroll province it lists these as the enemy, Steinling, Enchantress , Wild Archer and Bandit. The actual enemies are; Steinling II , Feral wild archer, Bandit II and Dark Abbot.
Guide says HR, Mage, LR, LM actual in this example is HR,LR,LM, Mage....., Mykan should be beaten with a rubber hose. He should go through and write up every single encounter in every single province in every single ring for you!

Rigid Steinling, Orc General, Mutated Orc General,Ferocious swamp monster, Thornrose mage, Nasty Thief, Develish /enchantress and Wily Bandir aren't mention anywhere.

Again HR,HM,HM,HM,Mage, LM, Mage, LM
I am sure Mykan will add some more pretty pictures to the graphics when he gets around to it
Yes, there are some specific unit buffs that are good to know, but they wont have any impact on a player that flat out refuses to even learn the basics of the new system.

DeletedUser4902

Its not broken. You don't want to learn it, that's your choice.

This is an entirely different issue.

Guide says HR, Mage, LR, LM actual in this example is HR,LR,LM, Mage....., Mykan should be beaten with a rubber hose. He should go through and write up every single encounter in every single province in every single ring for you!

Again HR,HM,HM,HM,Mage, LM, Mage, LM
I am sure Mykan will add some more pretty pictures to the graphics when he gets around to it
Yes, there are some specific unit buffs that are good to know, but they wont have any impact on a player that flat out refuses to even learn the basics of the new system.

Each to his own, besides which I didn't ask for any advice, I was pointed in that direction. Can't find you anywhere Lyapo, you actually play the game?

DeletedUser4417

Each to his own, besides which I didn't ask for any advice, I was pointed in that direction. Can't find you anywhere Lyapo, you actually play the game?

He has an account on Elcy.. might have others on other servers..

DeletedUser2963

Elcy is just a clickable for neighbors so they have one less gold mine. My ch 2 is on Fely and my main is on Aren. @pothole99 in your post above you spoke of a battle you lost and gave troop info, I posted the guide because your troop choices were doomed to die. Even if you outnumbered the enemy that mix would have faced heavy losses. You then said the game was unplayable as is. I did not realize from your post that you were outnumbered as you did not mention that until the follow ups. Being outnumbered by over 2:1 is a different issue entirely.