• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Cancel Scouting

Blindsider66

I know how that feels Zariantha. Clicking the scout button while providing neighborly help is something I do far too often. There should be a cancel switch or something for those like me with bad eye-hand coordination. Come to think of it there should also be a emergency cancel or retract button for all those times when I clumsily delete a building or two while moving my city around. There should also be a bit of forgiveness given to us when the quick resituating of a building turns into18 hours of anxiety...Where is the Shuffle-Me Elmo assistant in times like that, I ask. I may never get my buildings back from the great beyond, but surely an abort scout button is not asking too much.​
You have a good day..:)

Peace

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
How are you scouting with just one click?
confirm scout.png

Aritra

How are you scouting with just one click?
Speaking only for myself, I initiated accidental scouting too many times in my early months. It was always due to going too fast while doing NH visits on mobile interface. My hand was moving in a pattern such that if I accidentally hit a province, I might have hit the confirmation before my mind registered I had hit the wrong thing to begin with. I have since slowed down and if I ever hit the province in error, I have no problem hitting the x instead of confirm. Also, in my early months, I found myself on a weird schedule (weird to me looking back, what was I thinking?) where my NH visits were next available in the middle of the night and for some reason I simply couldn't wait until morning. I'd set my alarm, sit up (or not), and do my visits, often with one eye because I was so out of it my eyes couldn't focus with two. I remember one night I dozed off twice before I completed the task. In the morning I'd discover scouting I didn't intend (not always, but it happened more than a few times). Similar thing with turning over productions in the overnight, more than half asleep and with one eye, and I'd wake in the morning to discover some manufactories set on different run lengths than I wanted and others not running at all (missed). Ugh I know what I was thinking at the time, but looking back, I can only roll my eyes at myself and laugh. With infrequent exception, I now avoid waking up with the purpose of city business (primary exception being during events, every hour counts). I try to time my production runs to be ready for pickup around the time I plan to get up anyway. And I haven't had accidental scouting in quite awhile. That's my story.

Last edited: