• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Cauldron Recipes

Moho

Chef
IMG03.jpg

Katwick

Cartographer
This is not a discussion of the Cauldron but of what recipes work. By listing some and testing them across multiple users we may actually figure out how to get what we want.

Here's one I've made.

Best General Mayhem Recipe

4 Mana Shell,
4 Flying Iris,
4 Ear Truffle
4 Cottoncloud Bud

Enter in any order, the results are the same.

Result: General Mayhem to 34% at a cost of 3682 witch points.

Maximum "serving" 100% and 50% critical, use 25 (6 of each ingredient plus one of any of them) 55.9%

AJ
My standard 3 Diploma 5432 SB AS IF recipe only has 17.73% SB with a 31.36% Success Rate overall, but I'm using 14 Herbs rather than 16 Herbs so that makes sense. I'm wondering if your 34% was the overall % Success Rate, rather than just the General Mayhem % Success Rate? Do you recall which Diploma level you were at, because changing Diploma levels can drastically change the performance of a recipe, plus I'm pretty sure that the Devs are fudging the % Success rate vs # of Herbs in favor of the folks with more Diplomas.

Fiddle with it a bit, and let me know what you come up with.
Oh Yeah - Ctrl + is the ZOOM that you'll need if you can't find your magnifing glass.
US  Forum - Cauldron Recipes 1 AJ 2023B03.png
1 Diploma C_ Recipe - AS IF.png
2 Diploma WS Recipe - AS IF.png
3 Diploma SB Recipe - AS IF.png

Last edited:

Silly Bubbles

You cant pop them all
I'm pretty sure that the Devs are fudging the % Success rate vs # of Herbs in favor of the folks with more Diplomas.

The more Diplomas you got, the more Witch Points you have available for brewing so you can use more ingredients and that increases your Success Rate (as shown and defined in brewing screen as "The chance for each Trophy Goblet to trigger a Potion Effect" not combined probabilities of your wanted effects, Success Rate also equals to the sum of all probabilities of all effects listed in the brewing screen). The formula for Success Rate is (no. of ingredients used/25)^0.5 or total of all effects probabilities (both have the same result). Also the cost of upgrading effects goes down by 25% for each additional Diploma (as shown here and also tested).

Edit: To clarify more, hopefully :D

Last edited:

Katwick

Cartographer
The formula for Success Rate is (no. of ingredients used/25)^0.5 or total of all effects probabilities (both have the same result). Also the cost of upgrading effects goes down by 25% for each additional Diploma (as shown here and also tested).
I'll plug that in immediately, to see if I need any more fancy graphs. Thanks!

So you get some "FREE" probability upgrades when you gain a Diploma?

Last edited:

Silly Bubbles

You cant pop them all
So you get some "FREE" probability upgrades when you gain a Diploma?

Yes, the more completed researches, the more Witch Points, the higher Success Rate. But note that there are additional effects for each Diploma and the probability of each already unlocked effect gets diluted. The effect probability dilution gets roughly offset by increase in Witch Points but the Success Rate still remains high.
For example, my chosen 5 effects’ combined probability (as shown when I use only one ingredient) reduced from 71.4% to 62.4% (9% dilution) when getting 3 additional Diplomas. Combined probabilities of the same 5 effects of a completed recipe increased from 49.3% to 52.4% 1st week, to 55.2% 2nd week, and decreased to 47.5% 3rd week. This could also be due to available ingredients as well as more witch points.

It would be great if someone had a look at additional Witch Points for each completed research. I have already researched all so it's impossible for me to check.

Silly Bubbles

You cant pop them all
Here's a spreadsheet to make Cauldron recipes a bit easier. You need to download it to use it. Let me know how it goes :)

Silly Bubbles

You cant pop them all
@muffy. there are some instructions in the lower right side. I am not sure how to download it so I can use it.

Or you can click on File menu in the top left corner (just under the title Cauldron Recipe Maker) and then click on download. If you can't see it, there's an arrow in top right corner that will show the menu when clicked on.

Also, there was a reference mistake for MC Strength so if you already downloaded one, I'd try it again.

Last edited:

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
@Silly Bubbles What if I don't have a spreadsheet program on my computer?
@muffy. I see the 3 dots but not a place to click "share and export".
If you have a google account, you can make a copy and use it online from anywhere.

Downloading might or might not work, depending on the functions and which spreadsheet program you have available. Excel or Open Document might work, the others will not
1677602256435.png

If you are not logged in to a Google Account, the Share options might appear, but will not do anything if they do.

Silly Bubbles

You cant pop them all
Here's a spreadsheet to make Cauldron recipes a bit easier. You need to download it to use it. Let me know how it goes :)

I've added some more instructions to the spreadsheet:
"If you want to use diamond ingredients, use up your Witch Points first and then remove the "1" from Diamond Ingredients column. Now you will see the increase in effects for those ingredients and can add them based on "+/- if one added" column values."

snowcone

Verification Recipe, One Once + Four Once + Twelve Once for 10 Diplomas (Halflings)
The next few posts detail where to find the Cauldron data for your own city. Printing a copy of this template, and marking it up, is quite efficient. The columns are intentionally tight, for our mobile users.

Using twelve separate One Once recipes, twelve separate Four Once recipes, and a single Twelve Once recipe, will allow you to capture and analyze your current Effects, and thereby design your most effective (or avoid you worst) recipes.

This data is from Feb 08, 2023 with 10 Diplomas and 2 points of SB Boost. US-Khelonaar-Katwick.
C_T3SBORWST2STGMGST1SMGDS1GUA3HTS2HBA1HMA2S3F+F+
163925710841112131821?161422?1917?2015???TechDiploma
B10%40%4.4%10%10%40%4%10%4%40%4%?????????????MaxBoost
D5:005:002:125:005:005:002:005:003:005:002:00?????????????MaxDuration
1155.0?????Fire_Spore
28.012wrap???wrap??Beetlenut
33.36.710near???odd??25dMana_Shell
42.92.95.78.6=20.1??even??Flying_Iris
52.92.95.78.6????Medusa_Egg
62.92.95.78.6????25dCaterpillar_Lime
72.92.95.78.6?????Nightshade_Blossom
82.92.95.78.6?????25dMocking_Tongues
92.92.95.78.6?????Eye_Sprouts
102.92.95.78.6?????25dBitterhair_Leaf
115.05.010????Cottoncloud_Bud
121010?????Ear_Truffle
%15.413.213.213.213.212.713.215.018.722.4??????????????MaxFour_Once
%6.86.26.88.36.86.86.86.86.86.8??????????????MaxTwelve_Once

The difference between the Four Once and Twelve Once Recipes is STRONGLY influenced by how many Diplomas you have. As you progress through the technology tree, there will be a great many discontinuities that can be exploited, if you know where to look.

In the first half of the Brew Pot, each Ingredient has 20 points of Effect that are distributed across four adjacent Effects, and I suspect that there's another 20 points and four more Effects for the 2nd half of the table (still four Effects, but adjacent Odd or adjacent Even.) The GOTCHA is that when OTHER Effects overlap "your" Ingredients there will be more Effects, which is fine, but with a smaller chance that a particular Effect will be selected.

Let's consider a player who has just recently completed the Cauldron technology. With only only 4 Diplomas, the active Effects are Coins, Supplies, Barracks Strength, and Basic Goods
  • Diploma #1 is triggered by Ingredient #1, #2, #3, or #4
  • Diploma #2 is triggered by Ingredient #5, #6, #7, or #8
  • Diploma #3 is triggered by Ingredient #3, #4, #5, or #6. Note the overlap.
  • Diploma #4 is triggered by Ingredient #10, #11, #12, or #1 (it wraps)
  • None of these early Effects use Ingredient #9, which boosts Training Strength, Settlement Goods, Mana, and Seeds
Do you remember who has the Aspirin franchise?
Not a clue! Sorry, I’m not usually this confused and can figure things out fairly quickly but this Cauldron has had me confused from day one.