• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Chapter After Elementals?

bkbajb

I agree that an evil chapter would be cool but from what I hear during the Halloween events, during orcs, every time something isn't pretty a lot of the 'Grandmotherly' player base is very much not a fan. Also embracing the evil specifically inspires an even more extreme backlash (there were people that quit over the Evil Windmill). So whereas I would enjoy if they went full Armageddon/Balrog it might be slightly more mainstream accepted to go Anne Rice Vampire and what would more than likely happen is those stupid sparkly vampires and I would just quit.
It has been suggested to do Dark Elves which has goth potential but I think that's the best we could hope for, an emo teen bedroom rather than an actual hellscape.

Or we could try to please everyone.
First new guest race, Giants of some kind. Frost, sun, etc
Second, Evil Elves
Third, something for the grandmotherly players.Butterflies, Puppies something.
Forth, Midget something, Can't be elves again. Maybe human

DeletedUser5800

Adding: BTW I don't mind battling evil but aren't we supposed to be "welcoming" the guest races? That is where I would run into a BIG problem.
Perhaps they could toe the line if it was a two chapter race that showed up evil and were conformed by us into something wholesome for the next chapter. I for one hope they steer clear of the whole good/evil question and stick with the fanciful nature of the way things have gone... but that they do something goth nonetheless like a Dark Elves. I'm still waiting for Giants (which I've been pushing since Fairies came out) we could possibly get some naughty pixies that both have pretty buildings but a less than wholesome attitude. LOL

EDIT: Oooor they could do Zombies, I'm surprised they haven't as mainstream as they are now but I'm sure they would be really silly zombies, still might be funny.

HJK84

EDIT: Oooor they could do Zombies, I'm surprised they haven't as mainstream as they are now but I'm sure they would be really silly zombies, still might be funny.

Hmmm... Zombies gave me an idea, of some sort of Egyptian Race? Where they can add Mummies, Zombies, etc. This could fall into a more "dark era", and as a kicker all troops that die during Tournaments (only) come back to life when Tournament is over. Yes yes, this is the best idea yet! Hzaaaa :p

DeletedUser6547

They did a April Fools photo of the Wild West setting. That was a breifly lived question for a new chapter. Sadly making the elf race too human...

DeletedUser5800

as a kicker all troops that die during Tournaments (only) come back to life when Tournament is over. Yes yes, this is the best idea yet!
That would very off balance BUT what if the chapter introduced a new unit auto produced by the portal that gave you 1 for every 1000 troops that died in battle. ;)

EDIT: They would only ever be produced by the portal (which I assume is a 10x10 square pyramid) so you would only have them for the chapter or if you kept the portal forever. :D

EDIT again before @SoggyShorts says why wouldn't you sell and rebuild a presumably smaller Lv1 portal:
It starts at 1 per 4000 and decreases 1000 per lv. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5800

The next guest race could be Clowns. Neutral in reality, but the player decides whether they're entertainers, tricksters, or Pennywise
The could bring Wacky Wonklers tent of Atrocities or whatever that thing was! Productions: Train Happy Clowns, Sad Clowns, Tricky Clowns, Evil Clowns.
The guest race building change shape depending on the production you are running.
Shapeshifting Clowns!

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Perhaps they could toe the line if it was a two chapter race that showed up evil and were conformed by us into something wholesome for the next chapter. I for one hope they steer clear of the whole good/evil question and stick with the fanciful nature of the way things have gone... but that they do something goth nonetheless like a Dark Elves. I'm still waiting for Giants (which I've been pushing since Fairies came out) we could possibly get some naughty pixies that both have pretty buildings but a less than wholesome attitude. LOL

Not a problem with what you are saying. I don't mind the imaginary stuff all that much. Definitely old enough to know the difference :p I sill enjoy the fantasy stuff like Lord of the Rings, Narnia, Harry Potter, etc. I just draw the line at "welcoming" the demonic or overtly evil. Sorcerers was pushing it but I love Dragons, which I think are only evil if looked at from one selective standpoint but I won't get into positive religious references. I did get to kick the sorcerers stuff out in the end of that chapter :D

DeletedUser

The could bring Wacky Wonklers tent of Atrocities or whatever that thing was! Productions: Train Happy Clowns, Sad Clowns, Tricky Clowns, Evil Clowns.
The guest race building change shape depending on the production you are running.
Shapeshifting Clowns!

I'm all up for that. :D

The Unbeliever

Not a problem with what you are saying. I don't mind the imaginary stuff all that much. Definitely old enough to know the difference :p I sill enjoy the fantasy stuff like Lord of the Rings, Narnia, Harry Potter, etc. I just draw the line at "welcoming" the demonic or overtly evil. Sorcerers was pushing it but I love Dragons, which I think are only evil if looked at from one selective standpoint but I won't get into positive religious references. I did get to kick the sorcerers stuff out in the end of that chapter :D
So-called, traditionally "evil" races can really just be done as 'cranky & misunderstood', ala cute little red Imp from the recent WN quest line...

Nothing evil there at all, the poor little fella just was rudely awoken from a nice, quiet nap & transported through a cauldron! ([Jar-Jar]"How rude"[/Jar-Jar voice])
All he wanted was to just get back to a nice hot lava bath. :p

A chapter of 'good' Witches & their 'neutral' little devil-tailed Imp friends? Full of lava-streets, basalt lined buildings, pine trees, sacred ritual stones, camp fires & roasting marsh mellows?
Sign me up! :D

Not asking for GoT, or D&D or GW level daemons, but we've had 1 race that's a typical 'neutral/bad guy' in Orcs, vs. everything else that's traditionally "lawful" to greater or lesser degrees.
(yes, even Sorcerers in general are not strictly an 'evil' side, as it is a title that can describe any magic-user, and/or depends entirely on the type of magic they wield.)

DeletedUser3507

Chapter 13-14 both will be Elemental based, so sorry you clowns won't cut it. I never seen a Elemental clown..
Screenshot_37.png

As you see there's 2 more area T5 and T6....

Viking might cut it..but not sure how..

Last edited by a moderator:

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Not asking for GoT, or D&D or GW level daemons

That is exactly what I'm saying I would have to walk away from and I really believe I would not be the only one.

There'd be lots of good art possibilities in a Viking-themed chapter

Vikings could actually be really cool :cool: At least it is historic. Imagine what Riki & company could do with the art on that idea! :cool: