• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Chapter after Halflings?

DeletedUser3507

Ok, then a question. In events there is always scout a province and do so many encounters, So how is this going to affect us that have the max 452 provinces?

Somewhere here is a huge flaw in the game design. And where else will we get our normal scouting and completing province xp's that are being curtailed? We depend on these xp's for tecks AW etc. Cutting off this source is self defeating.

We are being punished for being so far on the map at this point. If you have done all the Squad Size tecks like I and others have our cost of troops are getting ridiculous, and the more troops you have the more you lose.

Ring 16 scouting cost over 7m gold, so at least I will be cutting that to 0.

Last edited by a moderator:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Ok, then a question. In events there is always scout a province and do so many encounters, So how is this going to affect us that have the max 452 provinces?
My guess is that it should barely effect you at all.
You should be able to scout 5-6 provinces, and ignore them- do not clear them
Then you only ever need to scout for events, always keeping 5-6 open provinces handy for other event quests like "solve x encounters"
Ring 16 is huge and should last you through a years worth of events if you mostly use the tournament for quests.
We depend on these xp's for tecks AW etc.
I doubt that not getting 8 KP every 50+ hours will cripple a city that has 10 more expansions than the average player is expected to have.
Those 10 expansions should be generating loads of KP either from the tournaments, or from buying KP.
Like you said, your scout costs 7m coins, so if you spend that on KP instead of scouting, you'll get way more than you would clearing provinces.

DeletedUser3507

Inno should quit advertising this game as a city builder. They do almost everything they can to not allow you enough room especially since there probably not adding anymore rows and columns two chapter 14 and that's a maybe....

SoggyShorts

Inno should quit advertising this game as a city builder. They do almost everything they can to not allow you enough room
Even the earliest SimCity games had hard limits on how big you could go, and improving your city required efficiency. Choosing what to keep and what to replace is a core aspect of virtually every city builder game. There would be no challenge at all in a game that allowed for unlimited space since there would be no choices to make-- the answer would always be "build everything, keep everything."

I've completed my design plans for chapter 12, and I have more than enough space, even without any premium expansions.
The only reasons a player "needs" more space is if they want to keep outdated pretty buildings or for rank.
If you want to build an efficient city that can both complete events easily, and move swiftly through the tech tree, there is plenty of room.

Last edited:

Arkadia

haha.... I still have my Singing Fish Organ and Shrooms of Joy ;) ...and not planning to sell them.... although that may change this upcoming new chapter :/
(not they will give me too much more space, but sometimes every lil bit counts lol )

Mykan

Oh Wise One
I've completed my design plans for chapter 12, and I have more than enough space, even without any premium expansions.

Do you mind sharing your plans? I have mostly worked out my plans as well but I have extra expansions on that town. I am always interested in the guest race planning side of things and in this case T1/T4 plans.

DeletedUser3507

Unless you have the Elvenar Trade Center at a high lvl I doubt it from what I have read so far

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Level 3 is "high level", right? RIGHT?!? :(

Well frequency of collection and AW bonuses will play into this. I think many of us will be testing the waters on this to see how our towns and play times will cope.

Nice layout, I was unsure if we will need more than the quest amount. In the past they had mentioned quests are targeted at around 75% of expected needs.

SoggyShorts

Well frequency of collection and AW bonuses will play into this
I was unsure if we will need more than the quest amount. In the past they had mentioned quests are targeted at around 75% of expected needs.
Based on the one spoiler image on gamersgems
3h production is 460, and 12h is 230
So with 15 buildings I could spend 24K+ divine seeds, which is far more than the 17.5K I can get. (3x3h+12h)
9K from trader
6K bonus from trader
1.6K from trade center
900 from redbeard
----
It would be possible to run more buildings on all cheap productions, but I'm not sure if using all that space, and more importantly paying for all of those upgrades would be worth it.
Edit: If the manifestations eat more resources when they are levelled up to 2 and then 3, I might have to drop to cheap productions anyways. From what I can tell, a level 3 produces 2x what a level 1 produces, so it';s very possible that it will also cost double the seeds. That would be around ~14K seeds per day even on cheap runs. Doesn't leave much for sentient goods/techs.
EDIT2: Of course I have no idea how much time will be spent making essence vs artifacts.

Last edited:

DeletedUser1390

I would also like to register my disappointment that the province expansion cap will not be increased with the new race, while only 1 city expansion is offered on the tech tree. While I agree space management is part of the challenge, the fact remains there are a dozen expansions available on the grid that are inaccessible to me, save at the drip-drip of 1 per guest race or at the exorbitant premium rate. Moreover at this point there seems to be little motivation to continue to explore provinces, just for a handful of KP and mostly unneeded runes, and small incremental boosts to some wonders. And the squad size upgrades (of which there are 3!) become simply counterproductive as they just make the tournaments harder to fight. For all these reasons this seems like poor design to me.

ekarat

I would also like to register my disappointment that the province expansion cap will not be increased with the new race, while only 1 city expansion is offered on the tech tree. While I agree space management is part of the challenge, the fact remains there are a dozen expansions available on the grid that are inaccessible to me, save at the drip-drip of 1 per guest race or at the exorbitant premium rate. Moreover at this point there seems to be little motivation to continue to explore provinces, just for a handful of KP and mostly unneeded runes, and small incremental boosts to some wonders. And the squad size upgrades (of which there are 3!) become simply counterproductive as they just make the tournaments harder to fight. For all these reasons this seems like poor design to me.

I'm trying to understand why people would have an issue with there being more grid spaces for expansions than total expansions you can get.

I see that as a good thing, since it gives me some freedom to shape my city how I want.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
I'm trying to understand why people would have an issue with there being more grid spaces for expansions than total expansions you can get.

I see that as a good thing, since it gives me some freedom to shape my city how I want.

Agreed and I would also expect a person who bought expansions to be capable of having a greater grid size than me if I bought none. Because they balance the game based on free to play expansions it doesn't matter if I cant get all the grid space available to a premium player.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
What Mykan said. The developers must cater to diamond users, and it is good for everyone if they keep them mostly happy.