• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Feedback Chapter Migration

TriciaTrekkie

Personally I feel this is HORRIBLE. I have played here for years and things became so stressful in later chapters that I left the game for a couple of years. When I returned, I chose to restart instead of pick up where I left off and to take a more relaxed and enjoyable pass. Hence, I am just moving into chapter 4 in my multiple worlds because I am ENJOYING THE PLAY and paying more time and attention to the events and spire and tourney. THIS is what I have enjoyed this time. I do not WANT to be forced along at a rapid pass again. If I wanted to do that then I would do it on my own.

I have spent money buying diamonds in my cities to accommodate my choice of play this time. I have purchased to get land expansions since I was PURPOSELY choosing to NOT move ahead quickly. Are you going to reimburse the money spent to those of us investing in what we were considering an investment in the game?

If you do this, there are so many factors about the game play that change; not to mention the slow accumulation of advancements that come with doing the tech tree. Do we just automatically get all the 'perks' from those chapters such as many city land expansions at one time?

I seriously wanted to enjoy a relaxed and slow game play as I built my world at my own pace and this FORCED migration destroys that. Not liking the idea at all!

Ihrlaen

My beta city was advanced, and while this is what it is and opinions may vary, it was not actually advanced to Chapter 5. Rather it completed all techs to the end of Chapter 4. The problem is, since it is on the wrong side of the chapter break, the city was immediately tech-locked until the province requirements of Chapter 5 were met and with it, access to the Spire was cut-off. (70 BTW) It is best for players on live worlds to assume this requirement will remain and if they wish to retain access to the Spire, scouting of the necessary provinces should be started and completed post-haste.

My feedback is that Advanced Scouts for Chapter 5 should absolutely be included in the migration. It is not, and this should be changed. One tech is not a big deal (even with the reduction of scouting costs/times). 70 Provinces is a BIG deal.

Last edited:

Realker

My beta city was advanced, and while this is what it is and opinions may vary, it was not actually advanced to Chapter 5. Rather it completed all techs to the end of Chapter 4. The problem is, since it is on the wrong side of the chapter break, the city was immediately tech-locked until the province requirements of Chapter 5 were met and with it, access to the Spire was cut-off. (75 BTW) It is best for players on live worlds to assume this requirement will remain and if they wish to retain access to the Spire, scouting of the necessary provinces should be started and completed post-haste.

My feedback is that Advanced Scouts for Chapter 5 should absolutely be included in the migration. It is not, and this should be changed. One tech is not a big deal (even with the reduction of scouting costs/times). 75 Provinces is a BIG deal.
Thank you. You have answered the questions I have been asking myself. I'm nearly finished with chapter 3. I was lucky enough to never get stuck with the new tree. Because I have other cities I won't get hit by this immediately. I probably wouldn't have minded most of the changes, but having to wait until chapter 5 to get the spire would have really annoyed me. Since it's optional, I don't see why they moved it. It's such a huge benefit in building your city, I couldn't wait to get to chapter 3. The thought that I might lose it, even briefly, is really annoying. So is the thought of potentially having to come up with the cost of 5 expansions from chapter 4 all at once. Then there is all the runes that would be missed accumulating in the missing chapters, which means potentially starting higher chapters with fewer AWs. Personally, I can't find a single thing that makes this sound like a good idea.

TriciaTrekkie

Thank you. You have answered the questions I have been asking myself. I'm nearly finished with chapter 3. I was lucky enough to never get stuck with the new tree. Because I have other cities I won't get hit by this immediately. I probably wouldn't have minded most of the changes, but having to wait until chapter 5 to get the spire would have really annoyed me. Since it's optional, I don't see why they moved it. It's such a huge benefit in building your city, I couldn't wait to get to chapter 3. The thought that I might lose it, even briefly, is really annoying. So is the thought of potentially having to come up with the cost of 5 expansions from chapter 4 all at once. Then there is all the runes that would be missed accumulating in the missing chapters, which means potentially starting higher chapters with fewer AWs. Personally, I can't find a single thing that makes this sound like a good idea.
Absolutely! All more reasons that this is NOT a good thing for those of us that are playing the game as intended. I don't understand why we can't just go along at our own pace. If new worlds are under the new tech, great. Let those of us in lower chapters now get there as we do. If we want to hurry, fine. If we want to go slow, fine. I just don't see a reason for a sudden need to make changes to something that will ultimately work itself out without "punishing" those that are in the lower chapters with all the things you just mentioned.. thanks :)

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Yes I had 6 research expansions waiting for me, when I finally was able to load the city (which took 2 days, see my post above). I am slowly placing them, about 2 per week, as I worry about the impact of research and expansions on the city CAL.
As I recall it, it's 70 provinces, not 75, @Ihrlaen, in the new tech tree.
Screenshot 2023-06-21 172136.jpg

Last edited:

Ihrlaen

Yes I had 6 research expansions waiting for me, when I finally was able to load the city (which took 2 days, see my post above). I am slowly placing them, about 2 per week, as I worry about the impact of research and expansions on the city CAL.
As I recall it, it's 70 provinces, not 75, @Ihrlaen, in the new tech tree.
View attachment 16059
Yes, my fault. Just a wee bit of dyslexic transposition on my part. Updated

Lelanya

For a City on the Old Tech Tree Chap 5 requires 75 Provinces completed, I do not have a city on the New tech tree to compare
I updated my post with a pic from my smaller Beta city. It's 45 provinces for chapter 4, and 70 for chapter 5, but back to 100 for chapter 6. That and the research for the Spire in the first large block would likely be why chapter 5 cities have to move to the end of the chapter.

I decided to start a 2nd world. Rather than create a new one, I used an old city I started with a misclick some time ago. It is now at the start of chapter 3, and so will get the migration some time soon.

Is there any point in playing that world? All the fun is gone, knowing anything I do will be obsolete in a few days. I would prefer to just opt out of the migration. And since it is a 2nd world, I don't know how long the wait will be.

Perhaps I should just abandon this world and start another one. Might be interesting to see the changes, and 2 chapters isn't that much time. Fortunately I haven't spent more than a few diamonds there. And while I dislike contributing to dead cities (there should be a way to sleep or delete cities), I guess that's just part of the game.

Lelanya

Ah, well, that makes some sense. Thank you for the link :). I'll keep dumping KP on my AWs, instead of wasting them on the research tree. ;)
Yes my fellows are reaping the benefits while I scramble around and try to collect Sanctuary runes.

BrinDarby

There are many "unintended consequences" with this shift,
let me expose just 1 of them....... "imbalancing bldgs (&badges)"

Right now take bldgs that are of the .... Supplies/T1/T2/T3/Mana/(seeds)
variety. CH 1-2 Supplies, CH 3-4 T1, CH 5-6 T2, CH 7-8 T3,
CH 9-10 Mana, CH 11+ Seeds. Most of these bldgs were designed
long ago, and with the old tech tree in mind, and corresponding needs
for catering in the Spire and for Tourn.

As far as I can tell, Inno has --No-- plans to go back to hundreds of,
or all bldgs and re-evaluate/chg the progressions of what bldgs give.
Why does this matter, well remember the discussions o the glut of T3
goods in the markets..... This mainly is due to how and how many bldgs
give T3, and to whom and when. This will further consolidate what ppl
are getting, and what they can't get anymore.....

We can already see the confusion and "FUBARness" of just merging
the tech trees .... I have heard ppl are moved to CH5 if they are <CH4,
and to CH6 if they are CH5... :eek: .... I mean seriously, the only......
thats right the ONLY logical thing to do is to apply Any completed
research to the new tree, while leaving open/not done Any research
that is not completed.... This allows the player to still avoid any
optional researches they see fit, it allows them to play thru as they
see fit....... Not to be arbitrarilly be moved and researches filled....

I think this whole issue has been poorly thought out and implemented.