• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

City movement

my trader which was full with good trades before being moved, is now virtually empty. no matter what they say, the devs have blown it, big time.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
my trader which was full with good trades before being moved, is now virtually empty. no matter what they say, the devs have blown it, big time.

Different neighbors can easily mean they are just posting trades at different times of the day than your old neighbors and other people are taking them all before you get online to see them. Post some trades of your own, and if they do not get taken, then your current location really is a bad one. But more moves should be happening in a few hours, so it may all be fixed soon.

hvariidh gwendrot

call me crazy but i just use my phone as a phone lol and play on the pc when i am between the honey do's .. the art work is what i like the most about the game and giant every things is much more appealing
:) ok p.s. and sometimes as a camera but that's it

Last edited:

StrongJean

@Iyapo1 it is my experience that the people who complain the most about the trades do not bother to post their own and would rather rely on other people doing the work. Also, unless those people are going to be online 24/7 to constantly watch the trader, then there is a good chance they are missing all the fair and/or good trades that are posted and taken when they are not online. Which is just another reason they need to post their own.
That is NOT TRUE for me, I am an active trader just for your info you cannot generalize your opinion!

Zoof

I must say that even though I miss one of the neighbors that I regularly traded with prior to the move, I'm overall quite happy with the move.

I've never before had a city sparkle bright enough with neighborly help to rival the light of the noonday sun and spill over into my builder's hut and main hall.

hvariidh gwendrot

the comment about "the people who complain about trades" is nonsensical .. if i look on the trader and it's flooded with 0 star sent trades and 1 and 0 star trades and 0 star cross trades, that has nothing to do with how many trades i post .. that has to do with people posting bad trades .. if you don't see trades i have posted that's because i post 3 star and fair trades and they get taken because they stand out in the sea of crap i'm looking at lol

SunsetDanar

I must say that even though I miss one of the neighbors that I regularly traded with prior to the move, I'm overall quite happy with the move.

I've never before had a city sparkle bright enough with neighborly help to rival the light of the noonday sun and spill over into my builder's hut and main hall.

Just had to reply Zoof. A number of folks are still in less than ideal placement and we are all hoping that that will be rectified. Don't know when the servers are gonna consider the initial input for moves to be complete but manuals can still be applied and we are lucky enough to have Helya who can and will make that happen so have heart. Reach out to her or submit a request for help.

For me, I had 43 neighborhood visits this morning and several that dropped off of my notification page. I picked up a few of those but still missed a few because, you know, new folks and hard to remember them all. I have a a lot of folks in chapters 15 and beyond so 100K+ trades don't last long either. Hope the rest of you are having this much response and success.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
It is possible that you have been moved to a very good area where trades are being quickly accepted. And that is why you do not see many trades up. Honestly lots of trades sitting is not a sign of a good trade environment. Try posting some trades and see how quickly they get accepted before you judge your new trading environment.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Both of my cities started out in the fringe of the world so I actually thought that was how the game is supposed to start. I grumbled about the lack of neighbors, but had accepted that was "normal" play. All was well until someone taught me the trick to see where someone is on the map by visiting their city first before clicking the globe. Naturally, I visited everyone in my fellowship and was aghast to learn I was the only one in BOTH fellowships to be stranded in the desert! Not normal at all! My second city had an even worse start--desert in 3 directions (and scroll boosted too :(). There were days when my trader was half of one page long. I laughed when I saw @Moho's screencap with perfectly concentric scouting pattern. What luxury to scout circularly without digging deeper into more sandy gold mines! Of course, if you contacted support then, you would have gotten the generic response that there's nothing they can do as the process is automated. So I think it's important to distinguish city movement before the "Great Migration" and after the "Great Migration", recognizing the fact that helya has a list now and there's the possibility of human intervention in the move algo is definitely a step in the right direction.

Myne

Oh Wise One
Both of my cities started out in the fringe of the world so I actually thought that was how the game is supposed to start. I grumbled about the lack of neighbors, but had accepted that was "normal" play. All was well until someone taught me the trick to see where someone is on the map by visiting their city first before clicking the globe. Naturally, I visited everyone in my fellowship and was aghast to learn I was the only one in BOTH fellowships to be stranded in the desert! Not normal at all! My second city had an even worse start--desert in 3 directions (and scroll boosted too :(). There were days when my trader was half of one page long. I laughed when I saw @Moho's screencap with perfectly concentric scouting pattern. What luxury to scout circularly without digging deeper into more sandy gold mines! Of course, if you contacted support then, you would have gotten the generic response that there's nothing they can do as the process is automated. So I think it's important to distinguish city movement before the "Great Migration" and after the "Great Migration", recognizing the fact that helya has a list now and there's the possibility of human intervention in the move algo is definitely a step in the right direction.

I scouted circularly and was oh so happy to do so...until now. Now it's go NORTHWEST, do not pass go do not collect coins.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
and there's the possibility of human intervention in the move algo is definitely a step in the right direction.

Everything we have been told, including by @helya , is that there is no way to manually move anyone. Maybe they can somehow refresh something so that the system will notice the missed cities, but it is still a random process.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
I scouted circularly and was oh so happy to do so...until now. Now it's go NORTHWEST, do not pass go do not collect coins.
Mine looks like Italy rotated clockwise. When overlaid on top of my new neighborhood with actual cities now, looks like my map was made by drunk scouts.

We're working on this, hopefully soon.

I feel like I tell you guys stuff is coming "soon" an awful lot.
That is a step up from the "Sorry, nothing we can do" response we used to get before and therefore, an improvement in the right direction. Also, where my inner monologue hears @BrinDarby as Mike Myers reciting poetry, I will read posts by @helya in the cadence of a movie trailer voiceover now.

Black watch

I miss a few of my old neighbors and the banter etc. But...
Yeah, BUT...
I'm getting ALL my culture buffed, even the temp boost buildings and my MH is loaded. I'm visiting the wholesaler 2-3 times a day.
Yesterday, only four spots were dark within ALL ten pages! I'm trying to visit back as much as I can and now feel my game has evolved into a "how many neighbors can I return the visit" before they turn dark or are shuffled off page ten. :)
I am impressed.
I think my previous ring placement was around 92 from the center and now something like 50-55... so much better now.