• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Consolidate KP donation buttons in AW contribution window

Mykan

Oh Wise One
How would the position of the ‘Max’ KP button or adding a ‘Confirm’ to the ‘Max’ KP button adversely affect anything? :rolleyes:
So many requests on this forum have been to reduce clicks not add more of them. What problem is putting in a confirmation or a specific kp donation trying to solve? It creates problems/more work for a large group of players so it would have to have some serious benefits to justify that.

Dhurrin

That wouldn't be fair either, several KP methods use that button (max) and shouldn't be penalised by those using a different method.
You make no sense at all.
What 'several KP methods' use that button? You ONLY have AWs and techtree to spend KPs on and for the techtree it is only your own.
While dumping more KPs into your own techtree than planned may be a mistake, at least they aren't just gone but further your own play. Not to mention there are very few techs where one can place that many at once.

Dumping them in an AW by mistake is a bit more of a problem as the receiving party could be either unwilling or unable to return a couple hundred or even a thousand+ KPs.

And how would a confirmation penalize either use? It isn't penalizing anything at all. Not to mention that it really shouldn't be too hard to just have that option for the AWs and not the techtree.

Yes, many people want to reduce the number of clicks. However, not seeing several hundred KPs go down the drain might be worth that one click, it's not as if you use that constantly. Rather unlike having to donate all tourney KPs by single clicks because you can't add a set amount at a time, it's either 1 at a time or everything.
We have KP chains in 5, 10, 15, 20, 30, 60, 90 and 120 values. If I'm doing my marathon-session of the tourney I usually end up with anywhere between 300 and 400 KPs, occasionally 500 or more. Having to donate those 1 by 1 by single clicking is FAR more of an annoyance than having to click once to make sure I don't accidentally dump them all in one place.

Last edited:

Mykan

Oh Wise One
@Mykan I see how that would apply to the ‘Confirm’ but what about changing the position so it’s not so close to the other buttons?
No issue in terms of location, or even having an added button for specific amount. Just having that as the only option takes away from flexibility already in the game that a large number of players use.

@Dhurrin You appear to be focusing mostly on kp chains, which is where I see the main benefit of a specific amount or confirmation coming into play. While I see plenty of fs, using that option I see a huge amount using forms of self-levelling where the issues in dropping KP aren't there. You also have direct swaps which can often accommodate large volumes of KP and wonder societies. Then there is net0 which is a type of self-levelling but also uses precision depending on which side of the donation curve they are on but there is options in that one to use runes and instants to minimise issues. Not even looking at other methods I can't think of or am not aware of.

From my personal observation self-levelling is the most popular method of levelling wonders and to increase clicks for a large portion of the player base I don't see as a good option unless there is a major issue to remedy that justifies that. While the devs won't have stats on who uses what method of kp levelling they will know how much kp someone puts in their wonder verses someone else.

Your not trying to convince me, you need to convince the devs (if such an idea can even get to them) that a large portion of players self levelling needs this feature. Otherwise you need a solution that doesn't detract from those players while meets your goals to even have a chance. To make that job harder my experience is a lot of self-levelers are newer players, so the devs target audience that they want to protect and cater to.

Dhurrin

No issue in terms of location, or even having an added button for specific amount. Just having that as the only option takes away from flexibility already in the game that a large number of players use.

@Dhurrin You appear to be focusing mostly on kp chains, which is where I see the main benefit of a specific amount or confirmation coming into play. While I see plenty of fs, using that option I see a huge amount using forms of self-levelling where the issues in dropping KP aren't there. You also have direct swaps which can often accommodate large volumes of KP and wonder societies. Then there is net0 which is a type of self-levelling but also uses precision depending on which side of the donation curve they are on but there is options in that one to use runes and instants to minimise issues. Not even looking at other methods I can't think of or am not aware of.

From my personal observation self-levelling is the most popular method of levelling wonders and to increase clicks for a large portion of the player base I don't see as a good option unless there is a major issue to remedy that justifies that. While the devs won't have stats on who uses what method of kp levelling they will know how much kp someone puts in their wonder verses someone else.

Your not trying to convince me, you need to convince the devs (if such an idea can even get to them) that a large portion of players self levelling needs this feature. Otherwise you need a solution that doesn't detract from those players while meets your goals to even have a chance. To make that job harder my experience is a lot of self-levelers are newer players, so the devs target audience that they want to protect and cater to.

Interesting.
Yes, I do focus on KP chains. As I said, there are only 2 places to use KPs; the techtree and AWs. Self-levelling is -at least in my eyes- basically insanity, especially at higher levels, but hey, if people want to do so that is their choice. And yes, in that case the max would not matter.
So maybe add another button so it would be 1 - (set amount) - max.
The whole point of Elvenar was to play as a team, so making things easier for the team seems to make sense to me.

Our chains are not even limited to our own FS, but also have participants outside our own FS and get used so intensively that I need to refresh them every 7-10 days because of the length causing a lag on slower systems. (btw, if a few more players on Elcysandir wants to join in these active chains we still have a few spots on them before I reach the max of 50 people in a message).
And yes, we do have a separate chain for swaps for larger amounts as well. In which case it also would be nice to be able to donate a set amount, though that usually gets done with runes and kp instants anyway.

As for the chance of reaching the devs; I'm not really optimistic about that. In fact, considering the issues Inno seems to be having I'd not be surprised to see both Elvenar and FoE go under.
But please remember my post was a reaction to the OP, who suggested the change.

Serena McTavish

I've made changes to the voting and expanded the suggestion to accommodate the idea of adding a button instead of merging the two. I removed the voting visibility. Anyone can change their vote.

I don't expect this to have any impact as far as getting it forward but i wanted all this to be captured in case it gets looked at in the future by the developers. Thanks to all for participating.