• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Consolidate KP donation buttons in AW contribution window

Smooper

I personally rarely vote yes or no on these things because I am one of those wishy washy types who probably has forgotten something important in favor or opposing the idea and also because, as in politics, I feel there is very little I can do so just keep on marching forward.

Rythel

I am personally against this idea.

I frequently push the "Donate All" KP button to donate KP from the tournament to my own wonders. Removing this button in favor of a text field would make the process significantly more tedious.

I am also against the idea of removing the 1 KP button. Being able to quickly add 2 or 3 KP with just pushing a single button is very user-friendly and nice to have.

Removing both of these buttons in favor of one that always requires user input and would also be subject to user error would only serve to make the process more difficult and take more time.

I would counter suggest simply adding a third button that does what you are suggesting.

Serena McTavish

I am personally against this idea.

I frequently push the "Donate All" KP button to donate KP from the tournament to my own wonders. Removing this button in favor of a text field would make the process significantly more tedious.

I am also against the idea of removing the 1 KP button. Being able to quickly add 2 or 3 KP with just pushing a single button is very user-friendly and nice to have.

Removing both of these buttons in favor of one that always requires user input and would also be subject to user error would only serve to make the process more difficult and take more time.

I would counter suggest simply adding a third button that does what you are suggesting.
I can appreciate your position. If they were to keep the two buttons as is and add a 3rd then i would want the max button moved to the opposite end. My problem (and others agreed) that it is too easy to accidentally hit the max button and unintentionally lose hundreds or thousands of kp.

elvenbee

I experience issues with entering trades on mobile already - the keyboard pops up but the numbers don't, the keyboard doesn't pop up, the input becomes wonky. Of course this is always on a tired night before bed, so I don't capture details to report it... although, I do wonder if they would tell me tough luck, also part of why I haven't ever reported it.

Compared from mobile to PC, mobile has 2 features I prefer over PC. One being an expired building being greyed out when you click "hide buildings" and the second being the easy overview of AWs and quickly adding KP to an AW. If they were to change this input, my concern is that I would start experiencing these issues. For this reason, I'm voting against it

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Voted yes. It would help me personally (my kp bar hasn't dropped below 10K in a couple years; I can accidentally fill any AW with one click, lol!) but I do see the issues it might cause for others.

Not that it matters. The rules require the polls to be started by staff (CM's only at one point but they may have made the rules clear enough for a mod to do it; if I were a mod, I wouldn't want to take it on!) in order to be forwarded to the CM group for consideration. For some reason I never understood, they did not remove the ability for a forum member to start a poll; those member generated polls just don't count.

Here's the history as I remember it:
A mod took the initiative of working with the US forum CMs/devs to get a pathway from the US forum participants to the devs. They tackled that process by using the beta forum requirements with modifications. That mod then recruited a few active forum veterans to help make it work. It took a minute (a few months?) for us to get the first idea approved through that system and forwarded to the devs.

At some point, the process changed to include all global forums. The extra layer of all CM's from all global markets was added. For a particular market to have an idea gain traction, they needed a CM who would participate in that layer and be an advocate for the players in their market. When ideas approved in the forum process were marked 'forwarded', it meant it went to the CM level. Especially active CM's were then needed to let the forum know if the idea had moved on or died at the CM level. Even more work on the part of the CM was required to find out the response of devs if the idea had moved on and then communicate that response back to the forum.

afaik, that remains the 'official' pathway from the forums to the devs. There have been no updates to the forum if it has in fact changed.
My cynical self says: someone figured out: "If we just ignore the I&S section (including not responding to tags) and don't start the poll (with its Y/N questions, date/time voting ends, and restrictions on the ability to view members' individual votes*) we won't have to annoy anyone with ideas they don't really want to hear. We're too busy for this customer-focused nonsense anyway...what?...avoiding customer input is a valid management style!"

*Note: those rules were established in those first few months of 'helping to make it work' and running into issues in practice. As with all voting: clear, concise language, specific time frames for voting, and privacy of individual ballots was necessary before we managed to get that first idea out of the forum.

Serena McTavish

Voted yes. It would help me personally (my kp bar hasn't dropped below 10K in a couple years; I can accidentally fill any AW with one click, lol!) but I do see the issues it might cause for others.

Not that it matters. The rules require the polls to be started by staff (CM's only at one point but they may have made the rules clear enough for a mod to do it; if I were a mod, I wouldn't want to take it on!) in order to be forwarded to the CM group for consideration. For some reason I never understood, they did not remove the ability for a forum member to start a poll; those member generated polls just don't count.

Here's the history as I remember it:
A mod took the initiative of working with the US forum CMs/devs to get a pathway from the US forum participants to the devs. They tackled that process by using the beta forum requirements with modifications. That mod then recruited a few active forum veterans to help make it work. It took a minute (a few months?) for us to get the first idea approved through that system and forwarded to the devs.

At some point, the process changed to include all global forums. The extra layer of all CM's from all global markets was added. For a particular market to have an idea gain traction, they needed a CM who would participate in that layer and be an advocate for the players in their market. When ideas approved in the forum process were marked 'forwarded', it meant it went to the CM level. Especially active CM's were then needed to let the forum know if the idea had moved on or died at the CM level. Even more work on the part of the CM was required to find out the response of devs if the idea had moved on and then communicate that response back to the forum.

afaik, that remains the 'official' pathway from the forums to the devs. There have been no updates to the forum if it has in fact changed.
My cynical self says: someone figured out: "If we just ignore the I&S section (including not responding to tags) and don't start the poll (with its Y/N questions, date/time voting ends, and restrictions on the ability to view members' individual votes*) we won't have to annoy anyone with ideas they don't really want to hear. We're too busy for this customer-focused nonsense anyway...what?...avoiding customer input is a valid management style!"

*Note: those rules were established in those first few months of 'helping to make it work' and running into issues in practice. As with all voting: clear, concise language, specific time frames for voting, and privacy of individual ballots was necessary before we managed to get that first idea out of the forum.
Hmmm. Well, the tag did get ignored and i did start the poll. But it's largely been ignored. In addition, i just saw a post about the polls being taken down on the German forum and i expect this forum will follow suit. Given the restructuring, they are no longer going to be taking suggestions in this way. So, thanks to all that participated in discussing this idea, but it's not likely to go any where.

Siorse

Hmmm. Well, the tag did get ignored and i did start the poll. But it's largely been ignored. In addition, i just saw a post about the polls being taken down on the German forum and i expect this forum will follow suit. Given the restructuring, they are no longer going to be taking suggestions in this way. So, thanks to all that participated in discussing this idea, but it's not likely to go any where.
Sounds like Inno doesn't really care to hear what people in the forum have to say.

It's just a sop to us so that we can hope things will change while not actually being able to accomplish anything.

Well I've played elvenar for nearly 5 years now... probably time to find a new game anyway lol

Deleted User - 849777001

It seems to me .... that they would rather sell more KP.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
How do you handle the free kp button. If you have one and it sits overtop like it does for the max option you lose the ability to put in precise amounts of kp. There is times you want to put in a couple kp and not the max from the perk.

The other con is this is more clicking and typing, potentially, likely varies by person. I would certainly find it annoying to have to type something in everytime rather than just click.

Serena McTavish

How do you handle the free kp button. If you have one and it sits overtop like it does for the max option you lose the ability to put in precise amounts of kp. There is times you want to put in a couple kp and not the max from the perk.

The other con is this is more clicking and typing, potentially, likely varies by person. I would certainly find it annoying to have to type something in everytime rather than just click.
On mobile, the free kp button appears when available between the 1 kp and the max kp button. Once you spend that, it disappears again. I didn't envision that changing. Does it work that way on pc?

I've added a blurb about the free kp button behavior. Although i don't think this is going to go anywhere given the comments on another thread about them changing the I&S process.

Last edited:

Lady Dastardly

On mobile, the free kp button appears when available between the 1 kp and the max kp button. Once you spend that, it disappears again. I didn't envision that changing. Does it work that way on pc?
No, and it doesn't work that way on mobile either, unless I am misinterpreting what you said. As @Mykan said, it covers/replaces the max KP button until it is spent.
This is PC:
Screenshot 2023-06-14 054335.png

This is mobile:
Mobile KP bar.jpg

Serena McTavish

No, and it doesn't work that way on mobile either, unless I am misinterpreting what you said. As @Mykan said, it covers/replaces the max KP button until it is spent.
This is PC: View attachment 15944
This is mobile: View attachment 15946
well all along i thought it popped up between. I'll pay more attention and think about how that would work. I'll fix the edit. I've also been thinking about alternate solutions to the type in button. I can add all that for historical purposes. Maybe somewhere down the line it can be revived. I don't think they are taking suggestions any more and they don't care about the vote. My main goal was to make it less easy to bobble finger hitting the max button

Dhurrin

+1
Great idea. I'm one of the endgame players who does the entire tourney in 1 marathon-session. Then I'm using our KP-chains to stuff the KPs in AWs and have to single-click for every donation, which is a nasty process, and yes, I too have accidentally added a couple hundred at once by hitting the wrong button.
At the very least that 'max' button should have a confirmation before dumping every KP somewhere.