• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Crystal Lighthouse Poll

• Thread starter DeletedUser2870
  • Start date

What is the MAIN reason for building/upgrading your CL/BT

• Total voters

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Really I was just trying to wrap my head around innos statements rather than simply hating them.
And obviously I was just trying to bump up my post count. Because god forbid that we talk about things succinctly in short sentences instead of multi-paragraph treatises. I will endeavor to make certain to use extra verbiage in future posts, in order to avoid wasting anyone's time.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
@Ashrem @Andrew420
"LoL" and or "rofl"

The Facebook live stream they did recently made the idiocy even plainer.Timon said that it is just about the top 5% of people that are seeing a reduction in goods from the change....Right after that Rike read off another comment about the change and the person stated that they visited 100 people per day. Timon said wow that is astonishing.
I hate trying to find things on FB, mind posting a link?

Last edited:

DeletedUser3468

A more on topic comment.
I consider myself an active player. I play in 6 worlds. I'm in Fellowships in 5 of those 6 worlds, an AM in one and Mage in another. I visit my Fellowship members 6 days a week, sometimes 7 if I don't need to take a day off because I've started later each day on a particular week. I have neighbors in all of the 6 worlds that I visit regularly and who regularly visit me, though I only visit everyone in a world if I happen to have overspent and need the coins. I also will do random visits if I see new people that I haven't seen before who have been moved in and it usually results in return visits from them if they're active players. The goods that I got from the CL/BS had very little to do with NH, but a lot to do with Fellowship visits when there were several people in the Fellowships who either visited the minimum amount required or didn't visit at all. As I've stated before, where Fellowship members who don't visit often, or at all are concerned, the goods from the CL/BS made visiting them seem more worthwhile and less like a waste of time. This was how I've felt about the goods received even when the goods were only a very small amount like 7 or 8 of a particular good.

What I dislike the most about this gutting of the CL/BS is the requirement that we find the blasted chests to get anything and that we only get something 3 times a day. I'm also not crazy about how I seem to get the same good in every chest whereas before there would be an assortment of my 3 boosted goods, which appeared to be set to a certain ratio of how many times each tier would be awarded. I would much prefer if they had reduced the amount of goods received to where they had been before the original change and left it the way it was originally set up... you visit someone, you get a small amount of goods every time! Returning the CL/BS to the original format they used before they increased the amounts so much would have satisfied the need to "balance" things and I would still feel like I was getting something extra when visiting people who weren't visiting me! win/win.

The way things are right now, it's a lose/lose situation. I'm being forced to look for the blasted chests if I want the rewards which is a time waster (and painful for me... as I've also said before, looking for the hazelnuts, sugar beets, snowflakes, etc. is also a literal pain for me but I'll just take an extra painkiller each day during the events. I don't want to have to do it every day just to get the chests!) Until this change, I did not look for the chests except in my smallest city where picking up the occasional magic spell was a major incentive before I built my Magic Academy and is now still a minor incentive because I don't have the huge backlog of spells like I do in my more developed cities. The amount of goods we're receiving is less than before, the extra satisfaction of getting a bit of a bonus for each visit has greatly decreased since we only get that satisfaction 3 times, with a subsequent reduction in my satisfaction in doing the visits.

If Inno really wants to balance things out, take the rewards for the CL/BS back out of the chests and return them to every visit like it was originally, but at a lower number of goods per visit based on the level of the Wonder combined with the number of provinces opened, or some other reasonable ratio. Make it a bit more than it was originally but not the ridiculously large amount that caused them to make this extremely bad choice because they felt too many were getting too much!

DeletedUser7367

BOTH of these Teletubbies misquoted and manipulated raw data/facts concerning WHY/WHAT the major disdain and all around pi*ssed off-ness centered aroundINNO's nerfing the CL/BS by a MINIMUM of 80% of Goods formerly gained by visiting neighbors.... Daily.... ALL of 'em. Trust issues? I think it's safe to say, we've gone way beyond that with INNO's blind credibility. If you forgot about their FB LIVE, all is well with Elvenar seance, Taken directly from Ted Grau >>>>The Facebook live stream they did recently made the idiocy even plainer.

Timon said that it is just about the top 5% of people that are seeing a reduction in goods from the change. On Elcy there are about 30,000 cities listed, I got down to about 5000th place in the rankings and could see evidence that that player is in chapter 5. However many of the cities I checked on the way had few if any wonders, and it was around 3000th place that people might tend to have the CL. So is he suggesting that 5% of the 10% of the world that have the CL were active visitors (.5% of the 30K total=150) or did he mean that 5% of the world were active visitors (1500) which would be about 50% of the people that have the CL.

Right after that Rike read off another comment about the change and the person stated that they visited 100 people per day. Timon said wow that is astonishing. If they really checked the data before making this change they would not be surprised by someone visiting 100 people per day. I do that and I am ranked around 2200th place...way outside of that top 5%.

I couldn't watch anymore of it; I was too disgusted.

Last edited:

DeletedUser6219

69 people does not make for an accurate "poll." I am part of that percentage that built my CL/BS for the enhanced time of NH. The supplies were/are just a small bonus for me. I have no issue with the changes to the CL/BS.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
69 people does not make for an accurate "poll." I am part of that percentage that built my CL/BS for the enhanced time of NH. The supplies were/are just a small bonus for me. I have no issue with the changes to the CL/BS.
The poll is of limited value, but at the same time it has attracted more responses than pretty much any other poll on the forums, including the official polls on Beta. While the data is weak, it's the only data players have access to.

DeletedUser8788

I built my AW Bell for BOTH the help extension and the goods. The poll should have a fourth option to say a combination of help and goods, with a fourth vote being "other".
I also did it for both but more towards the goods.

DeletedUser3468

We've been dealing with this gutted AW for a while now and I've been hunting the idiotic "treasure chests" to get the paltry amount of goods and have decided that I'm going back to just ignoring the chests. The amount of goods I'm getting is roughly the same as I can get from one 3 hour production in my higher level factories and one 9 hour production in my lower level ones. I only get this 3 times which means I'm not getting the extra satisfaction of getting a bonus for visiting those who don't visit me. The other "rewards", a relic, one KP, one magic spell, are simply not valuable enough for me to waste time picking up the chests; it's the main reason I stopped picking them up in the first place. I have seen a drop in the number of people visiting me other than Fellowship members. That means that I don't have as many visits to return, so I'm not visiting as much either. If this change was meant to encourage visits to provide neighborly help it has done the exact opposite.

I know there are many who don't understand why I would pass up these "free goods and prizes" just because it takes a few seconds to search for the chests. My hubby doesn't get it so I don't expect others to either. For me the reward isn't worth the effort, especially when you combine it with adding even more repetitive stress to my right arm and shoulder than I already deal with just from playing the game. So I'm back to just using the CL and BS for pretty and the extra culture (which I'd actually not noticed it gives until it was pointed out here... like I've said before, my culture in all 6 cities tends to be around 160% without multiples of culture buildings - except some of the event one that are pretty - so I don't really need the extra.). I'm certainly not going to get rid of it in case Inno decides to do something sensible, something they should have done in the first place when they made the rewards so much greater, and take the goods out of the chests, return them to EVERY neighbor visit but reduce the amount of goods received to a sustainable amount. They went way too far when they improved it the first time, raising the amount much too high which has resulted in them making this huge mistake trying to balance things by taking the amounts way back down and limiting them to only 3 visits. I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for them to figure out the sensible way to fix the mess they've made though!

DeletedUser2870

Just checked: still 70-75% for the goods....with the number of responding forumgoers rising.

Also just checked, since @SoggyShorts mentioned somewhere that upgrading to higher lvl factories increases the production so much it might be a good idea to reduce the number of factories since it possibly overproduces for play
Well, I just checked my lvl 23 gem factories against a scouted province.
Scouting time about 50 hours, so roughly 2 days
I run a 9,9,3 day, since I just can't log in every 3 hours.
Total of 8 encounters was 53.300 tier1 + 56.700 tier2 + 60.100 tier3 goods needed to negotiate them.
My gemfactories produce 6.330+6.330+3.455 = 16.115gems in those runs. So with 4 of them that is 64.460 on a day. Meaning that one full day is enough for the scout with a bit left over, and a second day for other purposes.
I'm lucky enough to be at the end of research and done with upgrading, so the rest is 'extra' not counting any KPs I might want to buy, and one full days production of all 4 gem factories equals roughly 7 kps.
Btw...the cost in goods is actually even higher since I have to trade at AT LEAST 1.1 to get my non-boosted goods.

So...no...I really don't think selling off one factory is a good option for me. And even less of an option for someone still needing lots of goods for building and research.
And yes, I know...for people who can do consistent 3 hour runs it might be an idea. It just happens to be so not everyone can do that, so even with the increased production it is not a general solution.

And yes, this means I really do miss those goods I now no longer get from the CL, because they were what enabled me to do more trading.

Just saying...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1996

I said this once and I`m going to repeat it again and again... "This change in the Light/Bell AW`s is just stupid and thoughtless" for most of us players. Now less neighbors will be helped and myself as well. They changed it once to make it better to help us and our neighbors -now they changed it, just like the OLD not so good and not so helpfull wholeseller and then they changed it to make it EVEN worse! So my thoughts only here, - is "Thx INNO for nothing again". and you want us to support you ?! ? nope not this guy !

DeletedUser2870

Actually, the above calculation also has no real room left for negotiating more than a few fights in the tournaments...I kinda forgot about that...so actually I am really, really, really, REALLY missing those extra goods from the CL.

So apart from having waaaaaaay fewer goods to trade with, thus limiting my trades, it also means even less activity on my part in the weekly tourneys. Which is at the very least 'not beneficial' to my FS, or one could even put it down as hurting my FS as it will likely mean one less chest. I may not be the main participant, but I am a steady one. Or at least I was.

Soooooooo...who again is benefitting from this change? Not me, not anyone in my FS and not anyone on my map (380+ finished provinces and a halfdozen or so I haven't finished yet on my dutch account, and 350+ finished and about a dozen unfinished on my US-account). Hmmmmmmm...that's actually a bloody large group of people being aversely affected and nobody benefitting from the change to my CL.

As I said....just saying...

SoggyShorts

Also just checked, since @SoggyShorts mentioned somewhere that upgrading to higher lvl factories increases the production so much it might be a good idea to reduce the number of factories since it possibly overproduces for play
I believe I said that in reference to players not having enough space to build what they want.
You are making more than 200% of the goods you need for clearing provinces that I assume are at least "hard", if not "very hard" based on 50h scouts (I haven't went past 30h yet so I'm not sure)
That leaves half of your goods to be used for KP and tournament catering.
Since you mentioned catering in tournaments, and probably can't fight on the map, I'm guessing you don't have a huge military set up, so you really shouldn't have any need to remove a factory to make room.

DeletedUser2870

Actually, you'd be surprised about my army.
I have 25 full squads of each mage type and 75 full squads of all of the other types.
Mostly because I do like to fight in the tourneys and some fights on the map. And I keep trying different things with different battles. But its true I cater most of the fights on the map, since its faster and the autofight keeps doing ridiculous moves with my troops and I just don't have the time it takes to do all fights manually. Or rather, I'd spend a whole weekend-afternoon doing them, after saving up the provinces, but the game has lost so uch of its appeal I no longer want to waste a weekend afternoon on fighting.
But I mostly keep the troops for the tourneys, to fight the provinces in the lower rounds and the first few provinces in the later rounds. I catered the others.
And just for fun, since I dislike having the buildings inactive, so I guess my next goal will be 35 mage squads and 100 of the others.

Also, with all squadsizes researched and activated, most provinces I have open to scout are 'moderate', some 'hard' and only very few 'very hard'. But that partially is because I tend to let a lot unfinished. For some part of the difficulty seems to be tied to the number of finished provinces. Or it seems so to me. When I leave a lot unfinished, the status seems to stay longer on 'moderate', which works out fine for me.

And yes, I COULD of course sell off my traininggrounds and mercenary camp, though with only 3 armories its not really that much space.
But I am lucky on space, since I started early enough (and as a paying player) to get most of the premium expansions. If its someone who started later and who is unwilling/unable to pay for those with the ridiculously inflated prices it gets to be another story entirely.
Besides, if I really am short on space, that now all-but-useles CL is the first to go.

Oh, and its less than 50% due to the loss of goods in trading in order to get the non-boosted goods.
But even so...I damn well miss those additional goods, no matter what Inno says. And it means I do LOT less trading. I used to just clear the board of all 2 stars when I came on. I now don't.
Also, saving up to get a few million goods to buy enough kp's to get through the advanced scouts also is rather a drain. And yes, perhaps that is not necessary, but I LIKE playing that way, making me fully enter a new chapter all the sooner, which also is good for my scouting.

SoggyShorts

@Dhurrin
If someone says they have 4+ of each tier I just figure they can't also have a big military- I don't know why, but I always forget about premium expansions.
Also, saving up to get a few million goods to buy enough kp's to get through the advanced scouts also is rather a drain. And yes, perhaps that is not necessary, but I LIKE playing that way, making me fully enter a new chapter all the sooner, which also is good for my scouting.
This I can totally understand even though I've never been at the end of the tech tree. In RTS games I tend to train up a way bigger army than needed to crush the enemy in one shot.

DeletedUser12395

I can see that it is not even worth building for me. I just got my last rune for the Bell, but will hold off. I would have built it for the supplies so voted for that one :)

DeletedUser2870

Dutch server : 8xwood, 4x silk, 4xgems (with all but 2 premium expansions)
US server : 7x steel, 4x scrolls, 4x dust (with all premium expansions)
Beta: 7x marble, 3x crystal, 2x gems (with 3 premium expansions)

My main test account on the dutch was 5xsteel, 3xsilk,2x dust (1premium expansion)
My main test account on the us was 5x wood, 2xscrolls, 2elixer. (no premium expansion)

I try to keep my factories at around #tier1 = #tier2 + # tier3. I've had several with 5-4-1, 6-4-2, 4-3-1 etc...all kinds of different setups (all of them without premium expansions), but this works for me.

As for the army...well...I used to like the fighting, but its waaaaay too slow. Also, there is only very limited strategy involved. I really would prefer to move units in the order I want them to. Like if I skip one units move on one turn, I should be able to move it earlier the next turn..ah well...I'm pretty much done with that damn fighting system here, I'm not even going into that anymore.

DeletedUser4774

Initially, I built mine for the graphic. Then I updated it for the boost. I continued to update it once I saw the increase in goods/visit. Now? I don't contribute kp to it. I don't upgrade. I only visit those who visit me. I don't contribute KP to light houses or bell towers and I won't until it reverts back. I would love to see some sort of justification as to why this change was made.

DeletedUser4045

Ok, for myself it was right from the start about the goods. The enhanced duration is a nice side effect, but since I dont care about a high culture bonus since I deem it hardly worth anything that's all it is.
I too do not care about culture. I did it for the goods and the visual effect. I am not happy with this change. This has negatively impacted goods collection. I still visist neighbors, but am not a driven as before.

Also, when collecting a chest, there is no hover over to see what the checst might be. I collect to also complete quests. That ability has been shattered.