• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Dawn of the Phoenix

Alram

Flippers just flip
Yes the league numbers are high but I don't belive the reviving feature of the twilight phoenix was the main reason for those who spent cash in this event.
What do you think was the main reason for spending in this event?

Last edited:

Raccon

What do you think was the main reason for spending cash this event?
Are you a fighter or a caterer?
Your answer is in the very sentence you quoted from me ;
I don't belive the reviving feature of the twilight phoenix was the main reason for those who spent cash in this event.
You might also check the comments posted in this thread by the people who do fight.

Last edited:

Raccon

I am a caterer. I did not spend a dime. Certainly not several hundred dollars for a few conversion tomes.
You wrote the leags show lots of people spend money on this event , and I replied, the inno could make even more money if the twilight phoenix reviving feature was more reasonable. there are lots of people who fight and inno could tap into their cash (and make extra profit) too!

Last edited:

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Remember that it is only a very small number of players spending all that money for Gold League. Only 1% of all active players on a server get Gold. that means if there are 10,000 active cities, only 100 of them are in Gold. And with Silver so far behind Gold this time, that next 4% of people, or another 400 cities, spent anywhere from some free diamonds up to not quite enough money to finish in Gold. Going on that, I don't see how anyone can say "lots of people" spent money, when most people would think that lots would also be a majority, rather than a tiny amount less than 5%.

Iyapo1

@Enevhar Aldarion forgiveness, you are correct.
In context however....the leagues are what I am looking at. I have never seen the spending go this high. Indicating, to me, that a lot more people spent diamonds on this event as compared to any other event I have seen.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Players at 260 are about to be in Iron league on Ceravyn. That seems unusual to me.

It has happened in a couple of events before and should be the norm, not the exception. When Inno added the Leagues, it should have also been their goal to tweak things enough so that Bronze is always about 20% of active cities, not the 8-12% it actually is.

Oh, and as usual, since the next event uses the 16-box shuffle system, there is no League. Because it it is such an easier system to max the building level.

MaidenFair

Chef - Head Philologist
And with Silver so far behind Gold this time, that next 4% of people, or another 400 cities, spent anywhere from some free diamonds up to not quite enough money to finish in Gold.
Or got ridiculously lucky with currency, like I did. Nary a diamond or dollar spent here, and I'll finish comfortably in Silver in Khel. I won back 2550 Sky Essence (4 500s, 3 150s, and 1 100)!!

I haven't seen anyone else mention it, so maybe it was just me, but it also seemed like the city drops were much more generous this time. I got 2s and 3s almost half the time, it felt like. If they did make an adjustment there, might that have also contributed to the higher overall league numbers?

Huor

@Huor and @Flashfyre, I also was after the conversions....but I did not spend a diamond.
Did you spend diamonds in the event to get the conversion tomes?

I did not. In fact, I fell flat on my face where winning event currency was concerned (iron league for me. Have been silver in every event since the leagues started). I did however have really good luck with the MA in my baby city (chapter 3) which has allowed me to convert the 8 artifacts I won into a stage 5 chicken! Now if I can just afford some pet food. lol.

Flashfyre

@Huor and @Flashfyre, I also was after the conversions....but I did not spend a diamond.
Did you spend diamonds in the event to get the conversion tomes?
No. I am still short 1 Twilight artifact to craft a tome, and probably won't spend anything to get it (I would need 18 feathers to do so, and have no SE left to spend). I made the mistake of using the 1st artifact to evolve the Twilight Bird, before remembering about the tomes.

I'd rather evolve my Fire Bird, and I'm perturbed that I am going to miss adding one more level because of that brain fart on the first day of play.

Iyapo1

I just started my little racing city so I converted for coldfire phoenix artifacts. He now gives me 8 KP per scout...I have hundreds of provinces to clear! But again, I cater so the fire chicken is not high on my to do list. ;)

Tehya1

I haven't seen anyone else mention it, so maybe it was just me, but it also seemed like the city drops were much more generous this time. I got 2s and 3s almost half the time, it felt like. If they did make an adjustment there, might that have also contributed to the higher overall league numbers?
I got a lot of drops in three of five cities, and noticeably less in two cities. Like you, I got super lucky with the chests in three cities, and bad luck in two. I have the portrait in three cities, and three feathers short for it in one. One city fell short for the last artifact.

I evolved the underwhelming buzzard to lvl 8. I will wait to see if I get all of the artifacts for the next event bldg before I craft tomes since the tome will be available until the end of the next fa.

Tehya1

I do hope they continue and have Prize buildings that work well with the fighting strategy.
I wish this one did. lol The concept is great, but 5 percent revival is miserly. Why couldn't they have made it 10 percent with a 24 hr feeding effect? I would have spent to get two! lol As it is, it is a better t3 producer than a fighting asset. lol

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Players at 260 are about to be in Iron league on Ceravyn. That seems unusual to me.
DOH! I am doing spectacularly bad in this event. Like @Huor, I've tripped and fell on my untied shoelaces. Don’t think I will get my last evolve in both cities. I'm so far away from a second base that I don't think it's even worth spending diamonds bc what would I do with extra artifacts from FA without a second base, but there's 12 more hours for me to be wishy washy about it. Amen to forum contests (where's the Spire boss naming contest?). BUT the good news is we will be holding many Bud Sorceress conventions in the future with all the Voice of the Prophets in my inventory, which is important because the Bud Sorceress Fan Club has doubled in membership. Not enough for a resort building frenzy in my city to accomodate all the attendees, so one of the elves will have to give up their sofa for @Dreamyn2 in the meantime. :D