• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Diamonds

DeletedUser1547

In the FAQ it states, "You do not need to purchase Diamonds in order to play the game." This is not true as you need diamonds to conduct research and upgrade your number of workers past 2. Am I missing something here? Is there another way to get diamonds without buying them?

DeletedUser1547

Then how do you unlock research items without them? Here is what I see:

Reseach%20screen%20Elvenar_zpstymfvdxg.jpg

Deleted User - 312108

spend the knowledge points that you acquire over time. You see where you have the 1 and 8... click those buttons to spend the KP you have accrued.

I have reached chapter 4 without spending diamonds... so yes, it is entirely possible.

Deleted User - 107391

They need to explain this better. Thank you.
It isn't even as though I blame them - they *must* make money or there is no game - but I think they wouldn't mind tricking you into using diamonds a time or two.

DeletedUser

there is always an extra note asking if you really want to use diamonds if you acidently click I have played some games that dont do that

DeletedUser61

there is always an extra note asking if you really want to use diamonds
You can click on the Gear Icon in the lower right corner of the screen, and flip the Diamonds? reminder either way.

DeletedUser43

I have never purchased diamonds and I am fairly advanced in the Arendyll world. There is always a non diamond option of how to get through things. It just takes a LOT longer! lol But as long as you have patience, you don't need the diamonds. (They do get you some pretty cool things though!!)

DeletedUser

I have never purchased diamonds and I am fairly advanced in the Arendyll world. There is always a non diamond option of how to get through things. It just takes a LOT longer! lol But as long as you have patience, you don't need the diamonds. (They do get you some pretty cool things though!!)

There isn't a non-diamond way to build the anchor point for the flying boat. It is diamonds or you cannot build it.

Deleted User - 312108

The flying boat does not cost diamonds. There are other culture buildings that do, but not the flying boat. None of the quests require buildings that cost points to build.

DeletedUser754

I agree that diamonds are not a requirement to play but you will need to exercise a lot more patience. Building upgrades and expanding will just take a longer time. Since I spend money on other forms of entertainment like the movies, I have bought diamonds a couple of times for this game.

So far I've not bought any premium culture buildings or decorations, not that they are a waste - I want to unlock some of the better ones in the later ages before I buy premium culture. Personal recommendations on "moderate diamond spending" would be for at least for a third or fourth builder and use any remaining for land expansions. I have up to five builders on Arendyll but with ugrades at a research plateau, I wish I had left the fifth one locked. Land expansions really are where it's at if you are going to spend diamonds.

Deleted User - 312108

If and when I buy diamonds (likely when they offer me the 30% bonus or discount) I may buy the builder upgrade, but I will definitely get some of the premium buildings that offer culture and population :)

DeletedUser

Ok - but I just upgraded my planks from 2 to 3 and needed 2 builders to do it. I go to upgrade my other planks from 2 to 3 and now I need three builders??? really? I also cannot upgrade my second steel from 2 to 3 without 4 builders? Really, every level is going to require another builder? This is crazy, I hope I am missing something.

DeletedUser43

You are missing something. Your builders can only build one building at a time. If you have 2 builders, you can upgrade 2 buildings at a time....no matter what level. If you are being told you need more builders that is because they 2 builders you have are currently working on another building and you have to just wait until they are finished. As soon as they are done with those buildings, you can move them to the other factories you want to build.

Deleted User - 107391

... "moderate diamond spending" would be for at least for a third or fourth builder and use any remaining for land expansions. I have up to five builders on Arendyll but with ugrades at a research plateau, I wish I had left the fifth one locked.

I really recommend not buying a 4th builder. I have regretted it. Except for early in the game, I almost never use it. For my other city, I have only 3 and don't miss at all having a 4th.

DeletedUser1161

I really recommend not buying a 4th builder. I have regretted it. Except for early in the game, I almost never use it. For my other city, I have only 3 and don't miss at all having a 4th.
I miss the 4th builder in my human 3-builder city. I typically log in twice a day during the week so it makes a difference starting 3 buildings vs. 4. I agree that five builders is probably overkill.

DeletedUser8515

So, I gather from this thread that the only way to acquire more diamonds is through buying them. So far, I see no workaround fro spending diamonds for the Premium expansion. Also, do we only get one regular expansion? I am Pyxilphil, a newby -- played only about 4 days...

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
So, I gather from this thread that the only way to acquire more diamonds is through buying them. So far, I see no workaround fro spending diamonds for the Premium expansion. Also, do we only get one regular expansion? I am Pyxilphil, a newby -- played only about 4 days...
There are 3 ways to get expansions:
Diamonds
clearing provinces on world map
researching in tech tree

The game gives you enough space to do everything you need to without diamonds, but if you want a huge city, high rank, or just an easier time, then you may want some premium(diamond) expansions.

https://en.wiki.elvenar.com/index.php?title=Expansions