• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Discussion- A Gateway into the Past

Pheryll

Set Designer
From the trades listed on the idavis site, it looks like the merchants' hoard (cost 44) is the best for the rewards tracker. It is however, not good for much else besides progress through a difficult chapter you are in, as the other things it gives are unurium and T9 goods and 5% portal profits.

Last edited:

Pheryll

Set Designer
A good way of determining the cost of a trade is counting each piece needed as 2^(tier-1) cost and adding each piece value together.

I have valued the lucky draw at 46.6 cost (so each 10% chance is 4.66 reduction of the sum of the cost from the pieces needed).

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I don't know what numbers you are referring to in the event, but on Beta, I have almost exclusively used the bottom combo of the three, because it is always 20% chance to win the Lucky Draws. I chose the middle one sometimes too, whenever the pieces I drew happened to complete it. The winning of Lucky Draws has been crazy good for me this time, compared to the one last year, as I have gotten close to 60 of them. I eventually lost count after I decided to use most of them yesterday. I am now at 308 and comfortably in Gold, with 5 more days to go and still several Lucky Draws saved up.

Glandeh

I don't know what numbers you are referring to in the event, but on Beta, I have almost exclusively used the bottom combo of the three, because it is always 20% chance to win the Lucky Draws. I chose the middle one sometimes too, whenever the pieces I drew happened to complete it. The winning of Lucky Draws has been crazy good for me this time, compared to the one last year, as I have gotten close to 60 of them. I eventually lost count after I decided to use most of them yesterday. I am now at 308 and comfortably in Gold, with 5 more days to go and still several Lucky Draws saved up.
It's probably better to spend the draws first as you will then know which cups you need to use. If you seve them till the end it might be harder to get the most out of them.

Pheryll

Set Designer
It's probably better to spend the draws first as you will then know which cups you need to use. If you seve them till the end it might be harder to get the most out of them.
Which is one of the drawbacks of this kind of event. Specific daily prizes are not targeted as much when the currency spending is spread out through several days.

Pheryll

Set Designer

The merchants' hoard is in the 3rd slot and gives 3 lucky draws 20% of the time. The lucky draws have a significant effect on the currency spending.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One

Except in the event last time, the Season also had tasks to use Lucky Draws, so you always want to save a few until the end of the event, just in case, since we have a Season going now too.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
Question about the Solunar Nexus

The announcement someone copt/pasted to my FS said it produses
"Mana, seeds, and Unurium"
Should that "and" be an "or"?
Does it produce all at once or do you select what you are producing?

I gotta tell you, if it is "and" this could be my favorite event building since the fire chicken.

Mighty Peach

And these were scaled back from the original projections.

So if I understand you correctly, there were going to be even more of the Buy KP quests in the next event, but they lessened the amount of them.

They did a great job in Floral Awakening with offering a decent alternative as shown below. These were the only two quests that had the Buy KP option.

AW9MSgH.jpg

I think even better would be to just make it to Gain KP. Because then you have those who don't mind spending gold/goods/diamonds to just get it done quickly and the rest can get KP another way. It works for everyone.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
No, not even more quests; the amounts were going to be higher. There were slated to be two buy 27, and Thursday night's was supposed to be buy 33, but they all got cut back to buy 20. It's disturbing. These quests start high, go higher, and were meant to be crushing before the end. They  could start with 5, go to 8, then 10, 12, 15, and end at 20. But we started at 14, scaled up to 20, stayed there, (then 27, dropped to 20, then 27 and end at 33). The items in parentheses were modified after the game file readers opened and uncompressed the junk files that get dropped on everyone's system.

So clearly those who ran the event on the test server pointed out that these quests were too hard, esp for small cities that do not have an unlimited diamond reserve (like the test accounts we see on the videos).

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
Showing exactly why im starting to hate inno...
Proof that not only CAN they add reasonable alternatives to problematic quests.. but they have, and still do... they just add more of the problematic quests anyway!!!!

world map.jpg

^Here you can see the problematic quest of involving world map encounters. Something that is limited to some players; ppl over scouted, ppl over scouted and needing special goods they cant make yet; ppl at end of game; ppl taking 2-5 day scouting times... etc

You can see some legit options for reworking this quest.
#6 solve encounters (world map, tourney, spire - (Probably the best imo)
#18 solve world map encounter OR produce t1 3h
#28 solve world map encounters OR recruit units
#22 solve world map encounters OR trade with wholesaler

But then we still see the bs 'or' option as well.
solve world map encounter by fighting OR solve world map by negotiating
A bs or option because if a player doesnt have world map encounters available, then the OR is completely useless!
At least its down to only three quests (that i saw at first glance) this time. But thats 14 world map encounters. So thats 2-3 provinces for a player that might not have them available. So i consider that a FAIL by inno. More so since htey did it on purpose.

kp.jpg

(I didnt bother copying every instance of an alternative on this one. It gets time consuming. But i included one of each alternative i saw at first glance. Did include all the mandatory 'buy' that i saw tho.)

^Here we see the good ol 'buy kp' again. A highly annoying quest to some; those parked, those at end of game; or otherwise unable to advance. Since the kp cost doesnt reset (like the wholesaler) it can become out of control if you're unable to advance atm. - I will add, im not advocating for the complete removal of the quest, merely the addition of a legit OR option for those that have a problem with this quest.

But we see some possible alternatives to a mandatory buy kp.
#6 Spend x kp
#7 insert x kp into aw
#29 Buy kp OR collect witch points

But despite those alternatives, there is still a bunch of mandatory buy kp quests. Six quests so far, totaling 114 kp that are mandatory to buy in order to continue the quests in the events. - Last event was between 100-200 as well (i forget the exact number off the top of my head.) - Considering these back to back never ending events, this adds up very quickly. But once again, they add alternitives to the quest list, but still shove those problematic quests in our faces. So again, an inno FAIL imo. There is no downside to adding legit OR options to these quests. Zero. But not adding them just serves to anger the player base. So with that being true, and inno chosing the option to anger the player base.. its no wonder so many ppl leave this game..

BrinDarby

Lets face it, the fact that buy KP...... Never Resets ..... is the problem.
Sure, I understand that it cannot reset to 0, but it could reasonably
be reset somehow along a timeline, that wouldn't cripple a city just
to spend to buy KP.

Whether its the badges, quests, tasks, or anything else.... it seems the
coders ( who don't play the game apparently ) get told to adjust the
difficulty ( for whatever insane reason why ) and they set unrealistic
goals for players, which forces players to come here or to discord and
complain thier butts off. The forum/discord shouldn't just turn into
the "complaints dept"

As it is, the wholesaler resets -daily- depending on -MH cap-.
Why can't Buy KP reset -per event- depending on -CH of player- ??

You see, the reason Buy KP never resets, is the fact InnoGames wants
to control the progression speed of thier players, even tho the vast
majority of ppl that play a game like this are casual gamers that don't
have any desire to speed up thier gameplay/progression.

If you reset Buy KP @ the start of each Event/FA , not only would players
stop complaining as much, but they might even buy more KP... to perhaps
avoid things like overscouting.

Yet while protecting my privacy, I still can't go to the grocery store and
buy a simple 10$/20$/50$ moneycard to pay into Elvenar..... :rolleyes:
I guess InnoGames isn't that interested in my money, are they ??