• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Discussion- A Gateway into the Past

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Is it just my imagination or is the Vitality Surge Stock offer the dominant offer in slot 3? I is annoying to have to reroll time and time again to get rid of it.
I will trade with you. I get Portal Profits, Coin Rains and Supply Windfalls.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Well, Inno no longer listens to complaints from the forums, so if people want to complain, it has to be done on Discord, or maybe mass-spamming of the in-game Support link complaining about impossible quests and ask for it to be completed for us. Back when Helya was the US CM, and also working Support, like all the CMs do, she would complete quests for people who could not do them in their current chapter. That should still be a policy for Support to do for the CMs.
It should be, and if Helya was here, it would have been. I got a response for my buy 25 kp request. I was sent back a reply saying that the research is "next up" and that I can do that and then complete the quest. Although I had mistakenly thought it was a later research, I am still not happy with the reply, for the following reasons.

First of all, it was not "next up." It was the one AFTER I opened chapter 4, which I've managed to open today by spending all my kp and goods to open it, so I'm back down to zero on almost everything. Second, I need the 30 kp to open the AW research. After having spent all my kp to open chapter 4. Third, I need hefty amounts of two types of T3 goods to do that research .... which I don't have because I haven't been able to scrape together the coins and goods to build a single T3 factory (while trying to keep up with quests. ... oh and I just got a REGULAR quest to buy kp, in addition to all the stupid event ones.) Inno has obviously forgotten how hard everything is when you're little (if they ever knew).

Fourth, I also need 100K coins to finish that AW research, which I'm FLAT BROKE on coins because I had to open chapter 4 first AND because Inno has been bleeding me dry with all the other quests. IF I manage to get all of those things before the event ends, then I will STILL, FIFTHLY, have to deal with the original quest ... to add 25 kp to a person's wonder. Since I do not have any chance to get more than 10kp at any one time (other than buying kp, and I have nearly ZERO coins and goods left to buy more) ... I will probably be lucky if I get it done with this one quest before the end of the event. BTW I have ZERO AW kp to use.

Thanks --- for ---- nothing --- Inno.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Is it just my imagination or is the Vitality Surge Stock offer the dominant offer in slot 3? I is annoying to have to reroll time and time again to get rid of it.
I've been getting boatloads of vitality surges as my prizes in the event.

BrinDarby

oh and I just got a REGULAR quest to buy kp, in addition to all the stupid event ones.) Inno has obviously forgotten how hard everything is when you're little (if they ever knew).

1st : Weren't personal tasks supposed to be eliminated and in place of
those, we got Seasons. Why then when the techtree was chg'd were
personal tasks reinstated ??

2nd : The new techtree was supposed to be easier to get to CH5, than
it was to get to CH3 before.... but when FS research got pushed further
into the tree, it meant players had to do basically all of it on thier own.
Gone are the days where players could get some help getting to the
point whre the game becomes "playable".

3rd : Exsisting players understand a new city cannot really play the 1st
event, they need core research first. ( now into CH5 ). New players to the
game however "don't". 1st impressions of a game are critical to new
player retention. Piss off the newbs in the 1st 2 weeks, and you're asking
for them to quit, and give bad word of mouth advertizing about the game.

4th : The playerbase watches, as Inno uses the Beta server to tweak such
things like overall event currency, so even complete'n an event doesn't net
the player the full prize. We get told , ohh the changes are for this/that,
when its obvious thier goal is revenue, revenue, revenue and not making
the game better in any way. This fosters a resentment between the players
and Inno, that is a downward spiral.

5th : When for 7 years the max , per event , manditory, was =< Buy 40 kp,
and now it was 100-140 ( manditory ) , along with the fact that BuyKP
never resets ... is a recipie for disaster. The weaponization of "frustration"
as a viable way to encourage revenue is ludicrous....
it does however lead
to frustration being the biggest factor in newbs quitting and switching
to another game. ( yes for older players too )

Personally, anyone working for Inno, should have to play the game they
develop/work for. If for no other reason than to experience the current
game's mechanics. Your corner cafe doesn't add a new menu item
without 1st trying it, they can't afford to be serving something that tastes
crappy and not knowing it. You also cannot have your customers asking for,
and being more than willing to pay for Cogswell Cogs, then you decide
to offer only Spacely Sprockets ... only to wonder why revenue isn't increasing.
It would cost thousands of dollars to pay beta testers, if the community
decided to stop playing the beta server, so maybee the playerbase should
stop furnishing Inno with free labor, development ideas, bug reporting,
forum moderation/mgmt and let Inno pay for all these things, just like Inno
is now basically making the playerbase pay for more/more things evey day.

Pheryll

Set Designer
1st : Weren't personal tasks supposed to be eliminated and in place of

I would like to see crippling new city features (such as seasons and events) be things unlocked in the tech tree rather than fellowships, neighborly help, tournaments, etc. which serve to develop the city even in the early stages.

Lelanya

Brin I suspect that Darielle's regular quest to buy KPs is a storyline quest, not a cyclical one. We still get those.

Iyapo

Personal Conductor
Weren't personal tasks supposed to be eliminated and in place of
The repeating daily quests were eliminated. The storyline quest were not.
The new techtree was supposed to be easier to get to CH5,
Faster. It was supposed to be faster, and it is. Much faster.

I would like to see crippling new city features (such as seasons and events)
These do not cripple new cities. The prizes in the Events and the Seasons do nothing but help new cities. I do not think new players(referring to players below chapter 3) should be locked out.

Lelanya

whats the difference ? not sure I get it.
The storyline quests are the ones that guide us through a chapter and make suggestions such as, Build the Portal, have x many production buildings, upgrade your .... train troops, so forth.
The cyclical quests were the ones that asked, in low chapters, Collect Coins (here is some supplies), Collect 100 marble, 100 steel, 100 planks, Collect Supplies, etc, and in guest race chapters said, Solve a Province, Collect 3 relics, Upgrade a Building, Collect 4000 tier 1 Boosted, Collect 4000 tier 2 boosted, etc.
They were added early on in the game, first and second generation players will tell you how hard the early versions were, when these were added in. I'm third, and yes, it was still hard, with no tournament, only the occasional event (I joined during the first one), no help chests for visiting (and quests for relics!!)

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
q1.jpg

Im thrilled that they at least used the combined province/tourney/spire option...
Tho i gotta question the timing... That quest, at a point where its one quest a day, showed up jsut 3 or 4 hours after tourney ends.. and spire is not active.
Tourney starts in 65h. Event ends in 81h. So tourney rly isnt an option for many. That would leave 16h left on event clock to finish this and two after that. (potentially possible, if your at the comp at the precise moment. But many wont be.)
World map enc is often a problem.
Least we got spire to fill the gap. Well, the bigger cities got spire to. Smaller/new cities would be stuck with world map most likely.

Over all I like this quest, which is why im hesitate to say anything about this one. But i gotta wonder about its timing. It shouldnt rly be used right at the end of an event on a day where both spire and tourny arnt accessible.

Pheryll

Set Designer
These do not cripple new cities. The prizes in the Events and the Seasons do nothing but help new cities. I do not think new players(referring to players below chapter 3) should be locked out.

The buildings offered become quickly outdated when the player advances a few chapters, and some rewards, such as KP, may be something the player cannot even use (and a filled up KP bar prevents the hourly KP from being earned). Seasons and events are nice extras, but they should not be seen as necessary for early city progression.

Iyapo

Personal Conductor
The buildings offered become quickly outdated when the player advances a few chapters
By the time that happens a new player will unlock new buildings in the season(the rewards change as your city advances) or there will be another event with more buildings.
some rewards, such as KP, may be something the player cannot even use (and a filled up KP bar prevents the hourly KP from being earned).
If a player wins 15 KP they would have to be unable to use it for 15 hours before they actually lose more hourly kp than they won.
Seasons and events are nice extras, but they should not be seen as necessary for early city progression.
They are very nice extras. Which is why I object to any suggestion that new players should be locked out of them.

Edit to specify: When I say new cities/players, I mean cities below chapter 3.

Last edited:

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
1697341983058.png

Took a few flips to get a pyramid piece. Prob not going to do well in this event...

defiantoneks

But i gotta wonder about its timing. It shouldnt rly be used right at the end of an event on a day where both spire and tourny arnt accessible.
you have a full day to finish it. just because a quest opens doesn't mean you HAVE to finish it RIGHT NOW.
larger cities will have spire tomorrow, and plenty of time boosts to finish in one day if they so desire. they may also elect to use some province encounters that have been saved (as large cities should, knowing these quests come up in events). small cities should have an easy time getting open provinces because their scouts dont take 4 days.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
you have a full day to finish it. just because a quest opens doesn't mean you HAVE to finish it RIGHT NOW.
im not saying that one is impossible. Im jsut not a fan of its timing. If that had been the daily event quest 2 days ago, it would of been great. But starting it on the day tourney ends is kinda annoying. And by the time the next tourney starts, the event will be nearly over. So tourney is not an option / not a good option for this quest.
And judging by the amount of ppl that have joined me in complaining about solving world map encounter quests with no 'or' option, thats probably not a great option for many either.
So it really will fall on only spire this time. Just because of the timing. - Which is fine. I always do spire, and will no issue using it for this quest when it starts back up. Im just merely pointing out the timing of this quest could have been slightly better. Like i said, had it been yesterday or the day before quest, id have been cheering it on'

Pheryll

Set Designer
They are very nice extras. Which is why I object to any suggestion that new players should be locked out of them.

Edit to specify: When I say new cities/players, I mean cities below chapter 3.

On average, we are probably talking about one event they would miss. I think early access to the tournament would do them better than having the devs come up with event quests based on the limited things they can produce (they can always buy KP right?).

BrinDarby

I'll start with @crackie , seriously you flipp'd all those just
for one L1 piece ? Do you do it 1 at a time or multiples ?
Why isn't stuff organized and combined more ?

@Dominionofgod , they been doing that forever, and we've
complained forever. Devs can't read a calander for squat.... lol
Atleast you're back in buisness Sun morning, now Tue ... uhh No

@Iyapo , the main thrust, like @Darielle 's woes, is the
absolute task stoppers for ppl in the 1st few chapters. Its
not like it used to be where a player could blast thru CH1
in 2 days, join a FS/get a loan, and be into CH3 in less than
a week or so.

You got me onto a racing city but it wasn't the new tree.
I'll assume you've done the new tree, so how long does it
take, on ur own, to hit CH5 now ? cause Dari's stuck at the
beginning of CH4.

I'm in agreement with Darielle, that had I joined this game
under the new techtree, I would've quit too and not stuck 'round.

Thks to @Lelanya and others on the storyline bit... Those are the
personal tasks that screwed me up and I started bypassing 1st.
After a while I'd be able to cycle the rest for the 1-2 I'd continually
do, and then just repeat those. I had hoped all personal tasks
went away with Seasons, ohh well.

and @Pheryll , No they can't always BuyKP, not easily.....

BuyKP should never be an Event/Seasons/FA/personal task.
Its there and is perm, to help ppl get thru CHs and used
sparingly. If its gonna be used for events, then it needs to
either be link'd to CH, or reset after each event at a minimum.