• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Discussion- A Gateway into the Past

defiantoneks

maybe the Devs CAN read a calendar and they place this quest as a challenge. Plan ahead, practice diversity in your approach. Exercise patience. Not everything is meant to be a simple click and done.

Iyapo

Personal Conductor
I enjoy running new cities. I have run several through the old tree and the new tree. I have never finished the first event with any city unless I started the city 2 weeks before the event started. Not under the old tree, not under the new tree. It never occurred to me that I should be able to do so.

@BrinDarby Under the old tree it took me about 35 days to get into chapter 4, under the new tree it took me 37 days to get into chapter 6.(That is crazy gamer person playing not normal person playing).

not like it used to be where a player could blast thru CH1
in 2 days, join a FS/get a loan, and be into CH3 in less than
a week or so.
Under the new tree it takes 5 days to get into chapter 3. Less than that if you spend diamonds.

On average, we are probably talking about one event they would miss. I think early access to the tournament would do them better than having the devs come up with event quests based on the limited things they can produce (they can always buy KP right?).
Why should they be locked out of the event? Because they can't finish? They can still pick up currency around the city and collect daily currency and win some very useful prizes.

Should players who start 20 days into the season be locked out of the whole season? They missed too many dailies to ever finish. So just lock them out?

Those prizes are really useful to new cities. They have next to nothing and everything is better than what's in the build menu!

Last edited:

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
I'll start with @crackie , seriously you flipp'd all those just
for one L1 piece ? Do you do it 1 at a time or multiples ?
Pyramid is the first level piece of that type. I can’t combine my way to a pyramid piece so it was flip until you get one!

Why isn't stuff organized and combined more ?
If you look on the right, I already have the hammer piece and there is no one else with demands to fill until the first two guys are done refreshing. There is no point in combining if you don’t know what is needed. And there’s no organization bc I am running out of dang room on the whole board trying to spawn a pyramid piece! How would organization help anyway when you just need one piece to continue?

@Iyapo , the main thrust, like @Darielle 's woes, is the
absolute task stoppers for ppl in the 1st few chapters. Its
not like it used to be where a player could blast thru CH1
in 2 days, join a FS/get a loan, and be into CH3 in less than
a week or so.
I have some angry early game new players in my FSs stuck on the event quests bc the requiring techs to perform such tasks are locked in future chapters. Let’s say people here would be horrified if they knew what went down with one of them. I sure was. As an AM, I can’t even help them. Nothing I can do to alleviate their anger and frustration either. I don’t expect new players to do well in an event, but I also wouldn’t expect them to be artificially stuck either. Sure, we’ll complete up to 5 chapters of the game for you without you asking for it, but we won’t help you with a quest you can’t do in one of these chapters that we have completed for others. Like, what?

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I almost exclusivly use the last trade and ignore the rest as they have the best chance for lucky draws. I think those are the best for advancement.
That's my strategy too. I'm saving my 22 lucky draws for the last day.

BrinDarby

Under the new tree it takes 5 days to get into chapter 3. Less than that if you spend diamonds.
sounds like @Darielle might differ in that opinion, it will be 2-3 days
just to do 2 researches deep in her current condition.....

and the correct comparison I was drawing was.....
(before) time to enter CH3 , VS , (now) time to enter CH5.

so it was flip until you get one!
yeah, but did you just click once each time, or sometimes
do 2-4 click bursts ?? Also if ya try 6 times for 1 thing and
come up dry, click something else then go back to it. But,
sometimes I click 1 by 1, mostly I click in bursts 2,3,or 4
at a time, seems to work quite well for me.

I also combine as I go, using 2 columns for each type.
Yet rarely have more than 8-10 pieces out @ any 1 time.
I was just curious how you ended up with almost a full
board of just 1 type piece, no worries.

Flashfyre

@Dominionofgod It's only a timing issue for YOU, not for everyone. That quest is near the end of the event, and would naturally appear for most people on Monday-Wednesday this week, after the Spire (and maybe the Tourney) have started.
If y'all would stop rushing through the event quests in some insane plan to be first or something, the quests might appear at the appropriate times. But no, we have to read complaints of how the game is not modified to meet certain playstyles at the expense of others, or how the developers are intentionally making the game more difficult for players who choose to play in ways that are not supported.

Frankly, this is why forums like this are becoming anachronistic these days - what started out as a means of discussing game stuff devolves into a handful of dissatisfied players doing nothing but bitching and complaining about how the game is not tailored to their desire.

Pheryll

Set Designer
Why should they be locked out of the event? Because they can't finish? They can still pick up currency around the city and collect daily currency and win some very useful prizes.

If an event is to be tailored to the beginning cities, it would probably be best as a mini-event. Just copy the dialogue from the main event into the quests, and have the prize for the final quest be the first royal prize of the main event (typically an excellent building). Give the cities a week to complete it, in lieu of doing the regular event.

The main issue I am seeing is that the quest feedback for events has often involved the feasibility for new cities to complete the quests, which has led to a overload of quests, like buy KP, which all cities can perform, but in bulk they become a great hassle, and for most of the new city concerns, their low chapter status is usually limited to a single event. After that they are able to complete many more productions, that a beginning city is incapable of.

Last edited:

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
@Dominionofgod It's only a timing issue for YOU, not for everyone. That quest is near the end of the event, and would naturally appear for most people on Monday-Wednesday this week, after the Spire (and maybe the Tourney) have started.
If y'all would stop rushing through the event quests in some insane plan to be first or something, the quests might appear at the appropriate times. But no, we have to read complaints of how the game is not modified to meet certain playstyles at the expense of others, or how the developers are intentionally making the game more difficult for players who choose to play in ways that are not supported.

Frankly, this is why forums like this are becoming anachronistic these days - what started out as a means of discussing game stuff devolves into a handful of dissatisfied players doing nothing but bitching and complaining about how the game is not tailored to their desire.
umm... no?
1. The quests at the back third are set to show up one a day. So that quest was specifically set to start right after tourney ended.
2. Since its scheduled to start at that very moment, everyone that is caught up on the quests will have that quest start on that day; not just me.
3. Players cant have it start later when tourney starts back up because by the time the next tourney starts, you only have a couple hours until the event ends permanently.
4. It has nothing to do with rushing through the quests. There is less then three days left in the event, and i just reached the lock out quests. That very fact negates the whole idea that i rushed through it. Plus #1; it was scheduled to start at that moment.
5. Having a quest the requires completing tourney/spire encounters, start on a day that there is no tourney or spire available at all and will end before tounrey becomes available again.... is not a 'play style' issue. Thats a programming/timing issue.

Flashfyre

@Dominionofgod
You don't get it. If you take questing slower, you won't get to that "locked" quest until tomorrow. Which is where I'm going to get it. And I'll be able to complete it, because the Spire is active now. Because I looked at the quest line and planned to NOT hit that "locked" quest before the Spire started. As a matter of fact, I haven't hit any "locked" quest yet. Because I go slow and steady on my quest completion.
1. The quests at the back third are set to show up one a day. So that quest was specifically set to start right after tourney ended.
No, it wasn't. Only if you rushed the questline would it show up as a "locked" quest on the day you state.
2. Since its scheduled to start at that very moment, everyone that is caught up on the quests will have that quest start on that day; not just me.
See above. You're not "caught up" on the quests, you are actually ahead of the planned completion schedule. Otherwise, you would not be encountering "locked" quests.
3. Players cant have it start later when tourney starts back up because by the time the next tourney starts, you only have a couple hours until the event ends permanently.
Huh? If you weren't rushing the quests, you would get this quest during the Spire run this week. Not before.
4. It has nothing to do with rushing through the quests. There is less then three days left in the event, and i just reached the lock out quests. That very fact negates the whole idea that i rushed through it. Plus #1; it was scheduled to start at that moment.
It has everything to do with rushing the quests. Those "locked" quests are only locked because players were sprinting though the event and finishing with days or even weeks left in it.
5. Having a quest the requires completing tourney/spire encounters, start on a day that there is no tourney or spire available at all and will end before tounrey becomes available again.... is not a 'play style' issue. Thats a programming/timing issue.
Again, this quest isn't starting on a day that the Spire isn't available; it starts whenever the player reaches it. If you sprint through the earlier quests, you're going to arrive at this one sooner than players that don't sprint. And that has nothing to do with programming. It has everything to do with how YOU choose to play the event. Consequences of that choice are not the responsibility of the developers to fix, or to cater to.

Iyapo

Personal Conductor
The main issue I am seeing is that the quest feedback for events has often involved the feasibility for new cities to complete the quests, which has led to a overload of quests, like buy KP, which all cities can perform
The overload of buy KP quests should not be attributed to New Cities. New cities have a terrible time with those quests, no goods, no neighbors, few houses, no coin rains.
If an event is to be tailored to the beginning cities
I have never suggested that the events be tailored to new cities. I honestly never thought I should be able to finish an event with a 1 day old city. I think it is kinda funny that if my city is 14 days old when the event starts, I can finish an event.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Oh joy ... I finally researched the technology, got the coins, got the goods, got the extra kp to complete the tech, then got the extra kp to complete that stupid quest I mentioned ... which bankrupted me. And now what's next? Wonderful ... gain 3 combining catalysts. Three .... which take 45 hours to complete with ZERO time instants in inventory (okay not zero ... I do have a couple of 10 minute ones and one one hour one. Next to zero.) There isn't any other way to get the ccs. No spire yet, and nowhere near it.

There is 50 hours left to the event (around) and I'm not going to be up at 5 am when it ends or even at midnight to complete this quest. So basically, it's going to run out before I can complete this.

If I hadn't tried playing as a new player again, I never would have realized how much a new player would detest this game. I think Inno did it on purpose. They're trying to kill the game and move on to newer titles, and the best way to do it is to kill off their new players so they have an excuse. I am so disheartened by this event and these quests, I don't even care to play on my bigger ID now. If it weren't for my people, I wouldn't be here. Sorry; I don't mean to be a bummer, but I guess it doesn't matter since this forum has gone the way of the dinosaur anyway. :(

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
@Dominionofgod
You don't get it. If you take questing slower, you won't get to that "locked" quest until tomorrow. Which is where I'm going to get it. And I'll be able to complete it, because the Spire is active now. Because I looked at the quest line and planned to NOT hit that "locked" quest before the Spire started. As a matter of fact, I haven't hit any "locked" quest yet. Because I go slow and steady on my quest completion.

No, it wasn't. Only if you rushed the questline would it show up as a "locked" quest on the day you state.

See above. You're not "caught up" on the quests, you are actually ahead of the planned completion schedule. Otherwise, you would not be encountering "locked" quests.

Huh? If you weren't rushing the quests, you would get this quest during the Spire run this week. Not before.

It has everything to do with rushing the quests. Those "locked" quests are only locked because players were sprinting though the event and finishing with days or even weeks left in it.

Again, this quest isn't starting on a day that the Spire isn't available; it starts whenever the player reaches it. If you sprint through the earlier quests, you're going to arrive at this one sooner than players that don't sprint. And that has nothing to do with programming. It has everything to do with how YOU choose to play the event. Consequences of that choice are not the responsibility of the developers to fix, or to cater to.
I feel like this should be one of the pictures in the dictionary for 'troll'. Trying to start arguments with a claim that with only ~3 days left until the event is over and gone, that we all need to be doing quests even slower. That reaching a locked quest ~3 days before the end of event is 'sprinting through quests'.. That quests programmed to be available at a specific time isnt a programming issue... .. either a troll or im talking to Ralph Wiggum'

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
Alright, who wants more vitality surge?
i do! I actually dont have to many, even as a fighter. I was already having issues keeping up with spell frags and catalysts for crafting. And i was only crafting military buildings and pet food and supply instants. I had to skip vit surges because of the costs. Now that theyve added the rest of those military unit expiring buildings, i simply cant keep up any more. And im still not crafting the surges. - So i dont have that many.

Ravmin

I feel bad for the trader that is trying to sell a 50% chance of broken shards. That's a tough sell. I asked him to throw in an extra gem and I'd consider it, but he wouldn't go for it.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
cash in results are in. Pretty similar finishing spot for both cities. Both finished all quests, got the 50 email, 2 ashen phoenix. etc etc etc...
Dom:
9 artifacts
277 gems. (3 short of portrait)

Neco
9 artifacts
280 gems. (exactly whats needed for portrait.

Both bronze league. With silver currently showing at 299+ with 5h left.

Last edited:

Tehya1

I got all 9 artifacts in 4 cities without spending any diamonds. I did spend from my stockpile to get a second base. I am not sure if this helped, but I only picked the third option, didn't mess with the other two. The third one had the best chance for wildcards consistently.