• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Does the game crash on you?

Venomhammer

If you have noticed over the past couple of months the game crashes more often then please send in a ticket to Inno support. I've been playing for over a year on all 7 US maps and have noticed over the past couple of months the game is crashing more often. Sometimes just at random, but mostly during daily visits, usually once per map so 6-7 times doing daily visits. Others have indicated a similar issue, but after getting a response from Inno it seems it might just be a few of us with this issue as they have only received a couple of tickets with a similar problem. I've tried a number of browsers to resolve the issue, some are more stable but still are more unstable than they were just couple of months ago. Thank you for your time and again please let Inno support know if this issue affects you, they won't act if it's only a few ppl with this issue nor should they but if it's just an issue that has gone unreported thinking it would get resolved in due time, as I did, that's not going to happen unless can determine it's a bigger issue for players.

DeletedUser

What specific issues are you having? Does the game freeze up and force you to reload? Do you have to close your browser and reopen it? I ask because the only issue I have had is some buildings don't open after collecting goods/supplies, but a simple refresh solves it.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
It may have to do with what browser you are using. Of course, it may also have to do with your computer. My game has almost never crashed in 2 1/2 years. I play on Chrome. On the other hand, my husband's niece plays on Microsoft Edge and does have her city freeze sometimes the same as @Azkaban described.

Venomhammer

It's flash that crashes(cache has been cleared) and always has it's just more often now, use to be once in 175 daily visits, now it's 6-7 in 175 daily visits. The freeze you are talking about can be resolved by clicking the window resize (square) in the top right corner. I had the issue of not being able to collect, resolved it by changing browsers.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
It's flash that crashes(cache has been cleared) and always has it's just more often now, use to be once in 175 daily visits, now it's 6-7 in 175 daily visits. The freeze you are talking about can be resolved by clicking the window resize (square) in the top right corner. I had the issue of not being able to collect, resolved it by changing browsers.

Interesting but no I don't get flash crashes

WolfSinger

I have been experiencing a consistent daily crash everyday for a few weeks now. It happens during FS visits each morning - the screen will lock on either the last visit or the next to last visit. A simple refresh fixes it. I haven't reported it because with browsers dropping support for Flash the game will be changed to a different system (I don't recall which one off hand) and I would prefer they work on that so they cane make the switch as soon and smoothly as possible instead of worrying about fixing what is too me a minor annoyance.

DeletedUser3507

I get flash and shockwave crashes when visiting every day, using the latest chrome 64 bit..

DeletedUser2207

I get lots of flash crashes, have been looking forward to the switch away from flash before it was officially announced

The worst is browser visits to large cities, can only visit 5-7 before it crashes. Changing graphics settings did not make much of a difference. Also I'm pretty much stuck with Edge for my browser, flash will not display correctly on other browsers because of a windows setting that I really don't want to change

I usually do visits on my desktop using the mobile app, thanks to a lovely program called Bluestacks that lets you run mobile apps on regular computers. Much faster, and no crashes

DeletedUser3507

Try chrome 64 bit it much better, but still crashes.
chrome has this score on html 5

Screenshot_18.png

Edge has this score

Screenshot_19.png

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2207

I just checked, chrome + flash still looks super crappy with my windows display settings :eek:

Last time I checked a bunch of browsers and only Edge was displaying nicely with my windows display scaling set to 125%. Everything else was fuzzy with ugly flickering lines

I could just change windows scaling back to 100% but then all windows stuff displays uncomfortably small. I'd rather keep it comfortable and deal with Edge being the only browser that displays Elvenar correctly

DeletedUser3507

Then it's you graphic driver, I am using the built in Intel video driver and I have a max size city and have no issues.
Try updating your driver, it might help. and i can scale from 25% to 500%

DeletedUser2207

I will try that when I have time, thank you for the suggestion!

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
The HTML5 score is irrelevant today, It only tells you how they will be when the change happens, which could be months away.

Regular cleaning of the cache can prevent crashing. Or keeping your cache size set very small, which uses more bandwidth, but forces your browser to fetch the graphics more often.

If you have a little extra patience (and aren't visiting every neighbour) then preferring to visit smaller cities (pre-guest races) will allow you to visit more with fewer caching issues: (i.e. prefer helping towns without portals like these:
upload_2018-5-2_10-10-36.png

Over towns with portals like these:
upload_2018-5-2_10-13-14.png

On the other hand, if you are visiting every neighbour, then you should really consider mobile, even if it's the Bluestacks android emulator which runs on windows. It's faster, cleaner, and there's no cached graphics for visiting other cities.

DeletedUser3507

But it's quite relevant to the future game, that's why I posted the 2 scores

DeletedUser3507

Those scores are for Windows 10 Pro version 1803 the April release-2018
Next update around Sept-Nov area

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Those scores are for Windows 10 Pro version 1803 the April release-2018
Next update around Sept-Nov area
I think you're thinking of Windows. The browsers update much more frequently. Chrome issues a new stable version every six weeks. They started rolling out v66 last week, and should be rolling out v70 in October.

(edit It's not that I'm that geeky, it's just important to my work, because Chrome v66 began disabling certain https certificates issues by Symantec and their subsidiaries, and in v70 they will refuse all certificates ever issued by Symantec (which includes equifax, geotrust, Thawte, RapidSSL and any other brands owned by Symantec)

DeletedUser3507

True but he's using Edge, I use chrome 64 bit, And I posted scores for both...
And each browser score lists it's version tested

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
True but he's using Edge, I use chrome 64 bit, And I posted scores for both...
And each browser lists it's version tested
I never challenged any of that. All I said is that an HTML5 score today doesn't mean anything regarding Elvenar. Elvenar isn't using HTML5 now, and when it does, the scores will be different.