• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Dwarven Armorer

Killy-

Fellowships already getting to 19 chests, because it is worth it without extra rewards (and most of them would still get to those numbers if there weren't the chests 11-19, just because the individual rewards are good enough). I don't think these players need even more rewards for something, they do anyways (but hey, if I get an additional armorer, than I have another +100% hp every tournament on top what I already have, sounds balanced :p ).

Deleted User - 1178646

Due to the particularly difficult acquisition, it would be good if the reward for the 19th chest in the tournament was changed to 1x Dwaven Armorer.
Bad idea this makes the tourney much easier for those that already rule it. it's like tax breaks for the wealthy who do not need it anyway.

The 1 good part of the +9 chests is that the prizes are more for honour than that they are so good you need them.
In essence they are mostly useless (and yes my FS get's those 19 often enough)

btw dwarven armourers arent that difficult to get, you just need to do the spire top the top every week and they will come your way.
You just need to make sure you do not overspend them in times of many so you have something in the bad weeks.

I use 1 DA every 2 weeks and they are lasting for as long as I can imagine, I had a period where I went form 13 to 2 DA's or so. my record is 15 and I currently own 13 of them.

PHall

Bad idea this makes the tourney much easier for those that already rule it. it's like tax breaks for the wealthy who do not need it anyway.

The 1 good part of the +9 chests is that the prizes are more for honour than that they are so good you need them.
In essence they are mostly useless (and yes my FS get's those 19 often enough)

btw dwarven armourers arent that difficult to get, you just need to do the spire top the top every week and they will come your way.
You just need to make sure you do not overspend them in times of many so you have something in the bad weeks.

I use 1 DA every 2 weeks and they are lasting for as long as I can imagine, I had a period where I went form 13 to 2 DA's or so. my record is 15 and I currently own 13 of them.
I wish I had your stats for Dwarven Armorer drops! I went 6 weeks and didn't get one and I go to the top of Spire every week. I find that the DA drops are getting more rare.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
What are some drawbacks?
Balance: people already able to get 19 chests inthe tournament guaranteed to get something to make getting 19 chests easier? Something which the majority of players aren't able to get no matter how good they are becuase they need a full, active fellowship to do it.
One less reason to do the spire, if you can guarantee yourself a DA by going 19 chests in the tournament?

Henroo

Oh Wise One
What are some drawbacks?
Balance: people already able to get 19 chests inthe tournament guaranteed to get something to make getting 19 chests easier? Something which the majority of players aren't able to get no matter how good they are becuase they need a full, active fellowship to do it.
One less reason to do the spire, if you can guarantee yourself a DA by going 19 chests in the tournament?
Actually I think it would unbalance the tournament more than you think. If you are guaranteed a Dwarven Armorer in chest 19, consider the implications for any fairly active fellowship which currently falls short of 19 chests. For example, a FS which currently makes 12 chests. If a Dwarven Armorer is in chest 19, every single member of this hypothetical 12 chest FS could drop an extra Dwarven Armorer every single week and vastly improve their performance. If the cumulative increase is enough to make the FS 19 chest, then this is a neutral change. The DA they get every week from chest 19 pays for the extra DA they drop each week in order to increase the overall score.

On the other hand, if the FS falls short of 19 chests then every member will be 1 Dwarven Armorer short for the next week. So maybe this idea has merit. When I consider it in this manner, it would make 19 chest pushes meaningful...

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
On the other hand, if the FS falls short of 19 chests then every member will be 1 Dwarven Armorer short for the next week. So maybe this idea has merit. When I consider it in this manner, it would make 19 chest pushes meaningful...
The question is, why should 19 chest pushes be meaningful? They made 10 chest pushes meaningful with blueprints and said they have no intention of making it worthwhile to push higher, but were putting some stuff in as a sop to those who want to do it.

What has changed since the arrival of blueprints that getting 19 chests needs or deserves to be "meaningful" now? Why not 18? or 25, or 70? What is special about 19 chests?

Henroo

Oh Wise One
The question is, why should 19 chest pushes be meaningful? They made 10 chest pushes meaningful with blueprints and said they have no intention of making it worthwhile to push higher, but were putting some stuff in as a sop to those who want to do it.

What has changed since the arrival of blueprints that getting 19 chests needs or deserves to be "meaningful" now? Why not 18? or 25, or 70? What is special about 19 chests?
Well, the entire theme of this thread is giving a Dwarven Armorer as a reward for the 19th chest. It is literally in the title of the thread.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Well, the entire theme of this thread is giving a Dwarven Armorer as a reward for the 19th chest. It is literally in the title of the thread.
And this is a discussion about whether that idea is worth voting on or whether it needs improvement or whether it isn't worth bothering to move forward. Did you think it was something else?

Why should getting 19 chests deserve a better prize than it already offers? Why not 40,000 diamonds for the 11th chest?

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
What has changed since the arrival of blueprints that getting 19 chests needs or deserves to be "meaningful" now?
Game evolution I suppose.

Getting 10 chests was challenging but ultimately worth it, and now it's considered the baseline.
Reaching Gold in the spire was considered "the new 10 -chests" and is becoming more mainstream, largely due to the rewards.

One of my fondest Elvenar memories was the progression we made as a team. At first, no one was getting 10 chests, but that blueprint was a great carrot so we tried a little harder in the tournament, then decide to push during the easier steel week, then push every 4 weeks, then every 2 weeks until ultimately we became a 10-chest FS.
The same satisfying progression happened with the spire.
Now though, reaching the top of the spire and 10 chests have become routine, and a new goal would be welcome.

Reaching all 19 chests is the next step for any "Gold10" FS, but the current meager rewards make the challenge undesirable.
I'd love to have that feeling again where my team evolves and strives towards a common goal with a push week, then another until we become a Gold19 FS, but for 5 KP per chest I can't even convince myself to do it let alone 24 others...

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Why should getting 19 chests deserve a better prize than it already offers? Why not 40,000 diamonds for the 11th chest?
19 chests is the current max under the current system. And it is pretty hard to do under the current system. We are discussing if it is worthwhile to increase the rewards for this level of achievement and what effect it would have on the game. All of a sudden you throw out the possibility of 40,000 diamonds for the first bonus chest. It is not the same thing at all.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Game evolution I suppose.

Getting 10 chests was challenging but ultimately worth it, and now it's considered the baseline.
Baseline for who? There are still hundreds of fellowships per world who never manage 10, and dozens who only manage it occasionally. The fact that late-stage players consider it trivial is hardly a justification for making it even easier for them. Why not say that each week you make 15 chests and don't make 19 you get penalized? That's a big incentive for groups that get fifteen chests to get 19, but doesn't disadvantage small groups who can't get to 15.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
19 chests is the current max under the current system. And it is pretty hard to do under the current system. We are discussing if it is worthwhile to increase the rewards for this level of achievement and what effect it would have on the game. All of a sudden you throw out the possibility of 40,000 diamonds for the first bonus chest. It is not the same thing at all.
Of course it's not the same thing. I'm asking people who propose this as a good idea for the game to justify why groups who think they can make 19 chests deserve more free stuff for doing so which will make it eaven easier for them to do the next time, and do nothing for the groups who can't do it no matter how hard they try becuase they don't all have 400+ explored provinces.