• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Elementals

DeletedUser3507

Inno has gone event crazy, I am taking a break from that insanity....:mad::mad::mad:
And a single building at 4700 culture / 2100 pop, lol not enough to interest me in chapter 12.

Inno if you want us to do events make them worthwhile or forget it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I completely agree! Plus why would I have any interest in any event when I have to sell off the prizes from the Winter event to have room for the Elementals settlement? I get that they make $ on the events but it definitely won't be from me anymore with nowhere to put anything. Very frustrating since I always did the events :mad:

DeletedUser9601

I completely agree! Plus why would I have any interest in any event when I have to sell off the prizes from the Winter event to have room for the Elementals settlement? I get that they make $ on the events but it definitely won't be from me anymore with nowhere to put anything. Very frustrating since I always did the events :mad:
Well since about 5% of the player base (if that) has access to Elementals, I think its only fair that Inno also push out content that everyone can participate in. Its almost like it would be completely impossible for Inno to only produce content that appeals to every single player, every single time...

DeletedUser3909

On Sinya we have 4 people in elementals and a 5th will be joining us in a week or so. The problem here is no one has Platinum as a t4 boost. The closest player with marble at a t1 is still in woodevles. No one can even build the portal at this point since platinum is required but not buyable and no one has it to trade.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
On Sinya we have 4 people in elementals and a 5th will be joining us in a week or so. The problem here is no one has Platinum as a t4 boost. The closest player with marble at a t1 is still in woodevles. No one can even build the portal at this point since platinum is required but not buyable and no one has it to trade.

Wow! That is beyond bad planning on Inno's part. It looks to me like there are a bunch of people in Elementals in E world. There haven't been many trades yet but I'm fairly confident there will be more soon. I sure hope so!

dikke ikke

Inno has gone event crazy, I am taking a break from that insanity....:mad::mad::mad:
And a single building at 4700 culture / 2100 pop, lol not enough to interest me in chapter 12.

Inno if you want us to do events make them worthwhile or forget it.

It happens to me most of the time that i can only place an event building much later, the one of this event might replace the purple phoenix egg soon, or something else later, there is a storage to keep them, so i don't see the problem. As a player with only 1 premium expansion and being in elementals level, i have to keep a much tighter space management to have enough goods, supplies, pop, culture, mana and seeds, spending diamonds don't solve everything.

DeletedUser3507

Wrong, in trader is platinum, sure you pay 5 to 1 for it but it's there

See Trader Insert
Screenshot_2.png

On Winyandor trading is still sparse but I am building Portal
Screenshot_3.png

Build time 32 hours

Arkadia

so....i was wondering about the Trader....
yes, we need to to have as many trading partners as possible right now, so its good that we are able to trade with the whole server, but what happens later, when we'll have most everybody in or past Elementals. :eek: i already hate it when i have to flip through 25 pages of 100 trades from my noob neighbors, i surely do not want to flip through 100s of pages because i'll be able to trade w the whole server (even if its just the Sentient goods). As of right now half of my trader's posts are Sentient goods.

DeletedUser3507

Use the select goods option for the Sentient goods you want.
On my server there is very few traders still.

DeletedUser3909

Wrong, in trader is platinum, sure you pay 5 to 1 for it but it's there
Thanks. I had asked support and they said to wait for others to reach the chapter. I hadn't thought to look in the wholesaler.

DeletedUser1108

32 hours to upgrade my Trader to lvl 3 and the trader is unavailable to me for this entire time!!! What genius thought that THIS was a good idea? At least I still had some 14 hr instants left or I would be totally screwed.

qaccy

Finally shuffled my city around to see how much space I have available for the settlement. Turns out I have to sell about 120 squares' worth of buildings in order to make all the space I'm going to need. May end up knocking down one each of my crystal and gem manufactories since those would be the most convenient spaces to reclaim and I'm too strapped for population to really knock down any of my culture buildings otherwise...we'll see!

32 hours to upgrade my Trader to lvl 3 and the trader is unavailable to me for this entire time!!! What genius thought that THIS was a good idea? At least I still had some 14 hr instants left or I would be totally screwed.

You can't use other buildings when they're upgrading either. Makes sense, doesn't it?

Last edited:

DeletedUser1108

All these upgrades take dang near forever..:mad:
And THAT, I suppose, is the point...a building as critical to everyday functioning being unavailable for such an extended time means you may as well take a day and 1/2 off...not to mention that if you are doing an event you are likely frozen as well. If nothing else this serves as a warning to keep a couple 14 hour instants in your pocket.

Arkadia

I'm pretty sure this is why those 'geniuses' made the those instants available ;)

All these upgrades take dang near forever..:mad:

I think we'll need more of those time boosters :cool:

You can't use other buildings when they're upgrading either. Makes sense, doesn't it?

When i first upgraded my trader, the hot keys still worked. it was awesome :) ...but some had to b1tch about it, so Inno deactivated them. :confused:

DeletedUser9773

My problem right now: Just before and soon after the chapter was released, all of our big players - except me - bailed on us. They wanted to "be ready for the new trading". We lost 6 people, 2 of which were ready for Elementals, 3 of which were just about there. The last one left mostly because we had a 'sinking ship' thing going on. So we fell from 5th place all the way to page three in a matter of days. I am the only one who stayed, because when you've played with the same people for almost two years, I think some loyalty should be involved. After all, should we BETRAY our friends because a company made a horrendous design decision? Apparently, many seemed to have thought so - we weren't the only FS playing 'musical chairs'.

I thought I had it covered - I had two very big neighbors who were also done with halflings. One apparently had a fight with his FS and left the game. The other I just found out produces EXACTLY the same boosted I do. INSANELY STUPID to have the second tier one boosted {sentient} be based on your primary tier 1 boosted!!!) So even though the guy had two other goods that we didn't have in common, the one that we did just screwed both of us in Elementals. It should have been RANDOM. Now, I have no-one to trade with, nor will I for quite some time. And who's to say other members of my FS won't jump-ship when they start getting closed. If INNO's game-plan was to have everyone turn on each other, congratulations, you've done it.

I won't abandon my FS - we fell to pg.3, but now we've clawed our way back up to pg.2, and I expect we'll be pg.1 again eventually. If I leave them, they'll be back on pg.5 or so, and we may as well just disband at that point, because each time a player gets near Elementals, they are going to cut-out. I played that type of game when I played EVONY - people constantly moving to 'bigger and better' FS's, and it was a very 'cold' sort of game. Good job INNO - you dealt a terrific blow to the 'social game' when you obliterated the usefulness of the Crystal Lighthouse (I don't visit neighbors anymore - NO-ONE DOES) , and now you put the last nail in that coffin with elementals. Nice job creating a cold, sterile environment where everyone is just out for themselves. I may as well play 'real life'. Have you ever sat down and thought about WHY people play these types of games? Its for FUN, and I haven't had 'fun' here in over six months.

P.S. - who's idea was it to make the sentient goods degrade? Please use a baseball bat on that idiot. Just rubbing salt in our wounds with that one. I've already created a large stockpile of Moonstone, and now I see it all just dwindling away. Thanks for that. Kick someone while they're down. NICE

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
First I would like to suggest you and anybody else who is frustrated watch the Q&A video from earlier today that is on the Elvenar Facebook page. It was very informative about the reasoning for how things have changed in Elementals chapter. I understand a whole lot better now why they did things the way they did and I greatly appreciated that. Well done Inno :)

People leaving FS because of start of Elementals makes no sense and it doesn't matter if other players in Elementals are close map neighbors. The trades in the trader are from the entire server/world. I've "visited" a couple of players in the trader and they were indeed quite far away from me.