• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Elementals

DeletedUser5800

Anyone who's better and more willing with numbers able to verify whether a single T4 manufactory is adequate?

HA! not in mexico on a tablet , i nominate @Lord Draconian , i thnk hes done some of the legwork already:) my plan is to run 2 at first, to get what i need to build settlent buildings, and once my seed stockpile is gone to drop one, since i don't think i can support 2.

I'm just going to run one (no stockpile). I can collect approx. 11,383 seeds a day with one Main Hall upgrade left to do and an AW about to go up so will jump a little... It looked to me llike to run 3/3/3/3/3/9 T4 was going to take 11,850... Considering seeds are needed for other things I can't see any reason for me to have more than 1... even that one will have to wait sometimes. I'm trying to decide now if it less efficient to produce Zzzzzs or non-boost while it waits for seeds.

As for what other people should do, that depends on the seeds they produce, the time cycles they run, etc, etc but I did notice to build the min. recommended settlement is 50K of each T4 and to upgrade T4 factories is another LOT. So I doubt there is an overkill other than the seed shortage (at least at first) so if a person can make the seeds to support 2 and have the space (plus pop/cult) for it I doubt they regret it at least until the settlement is completely established and the chapter well started. 3 or more I can't fathom.

Of course you already knew that because you are already doing it exactly right which you also knew. :p

Note: Why anyone wants to rush to the end and wait 2-3 months just so they can post forum threads about how much it sucks to wait I have no idea anyway. Just using one seems like the steady pace they intended and you know they won't jump another chapter out just because 48 people were already waiting and sped through to wait some more. ;)

qaccy

T4 boost will not be as good at least in my case, my T4 boost is moonstones, and because I only have 393 relics of marble it's definitely not going to be 700%, as I use marble relics to boost workshops with spells.

What the trader 3 looks like
Screenshot_24.png

Your boost isn't maxed? I have a level 5 Academy as well and it's been running nonstop for months, yet I have more than enough relics of all types to guarantee max relic boost for any goods type. Steel (my T4 boost) is actually the lowest because I'm almost always running PoP spells as well, but I've still got 792 of those as well (and 928 PoP spells). I must be much more active in tournaments than you or something, that's the only thing I can think of...my lack of goods compared to you would seem to indicate that as well. You've got waaaaaaaaay more goods than I do.

Come to think of it, that's probably just way more manufactories than me as well. Diamond residences/culture buildings?

Arkadia

funny, was just gonna ask.....i forgot how many relics u need for max boost. i have 1200+ for my T4. i'm pretty sure that will get me the max boost.

b4 u ask, i dont use many spells besides the IM which is on at all times (wish we could stack them :/ and i do the tourneys every week.

LOL yes, looking @jps54 's trader, looks like he's a squirrel ;) :p

DeletedUser5800

i forgot how many relics u need for max boost.
500, you're good. ;) I was down to 400 when all this hit beta from making P.o.P., won't be max until the steel tournament. :(
People making spells are going to have to start paying attention to which relics they take and treating 500 like the new 0, I think it's just P.o.P. for everyone now but once T5 and T6 come out I would imagine it will be across the board on all spells. :eek:

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Hehehe, yes it does :p
Not really. A person could decide to sit at the start of the chapter for several weeks and build up other resources to make space available and increase Divine Seed production. Hence the word "necessarily." In this particular case, you can't advance through the tech tree without doing so, but advancing through the tech tree is not actually a requirement to keep playing. I have been paused at the start of Woodelves for five months, building up my AWs, and am enjoying the game more than when I was racing through the tech tree.

qaccy

I have been paused at the start of Woodelves for five months, building up my AWs, and am enjoying the game more than when I was racing through the tech tree.

For what it's worth, you can't really 'race' through the tech tree once you hit guest races because you're usually limited by the rate at which you acquire their resources. Because of this, even if you were full-on researching you'd probably be getting KP faster than you'd be able to unlock researches to spend it on, leading to spending some of it on AWs anyway. So rather than 'racing' it's more like a happy medium between researching and AW building.

Fun is different for everybody, but it seems odd to me that you'd find it somehow more fun to not be researching at all when research is available. It feels like artificially limiting yourself.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Fun is different for everybody, but it seems odd to me that you'd find it somehow more fun to not be researching at all when research is available. It feels like artificially limiting yourself.
The research isn't going anywhere, I'll still be able to get to it (and I'm not at a dead stop, I've done thirteen techs since September, it's just that I only do them at a rate of one every couple of weeks). Meanwhile I haven't had to worry about hitting the end of the game and having no-where to go. I don't get stressed out, because I don't ever have to sit and be frustrated that I don't have enough of something to unlock a tech. I've only got two willow trees, but I have not had to wait for enough mana to take the next step, because I always have full mana when I finally get around to opening a new tech. I've got 8000 population from my combined golden abyss and mountain halls, my culture is rarely below 200% for more than an hour or two a day, I'm never short of goods, I'm never short of troops, and I'm getting close to 200kp a week from strong performance in the Tournaments (Which have also added over 5000 to my score). And I've got over 50 levels of Ancient wonders to generate Divine seeds for me when I need them to.

DeletedUser5800

It feels like artificially limiting yourself.
I've dabbled in a bit of artificially limiting myself for the past few months, it's why I'm 7 techs from Elementals instead of a month waiting, it's kind of nice just setting around leveling AWs. There were weeks when I just didn't open the tech. tree at all... It also allowed my scout time to gain expansions I wouldn't have had otherwise, I haven't downsized since orcs and I've added something every chapter which is nice.
There was an unforeseen side effect though, I started another city and in turn the tech tree all over again. :D

Note: The new city I started though is intended to be VERY artificially limited in tech. once I get to the Sanctuary I will be stopping cold and just leveling it until I max it or lose interest. The dabbling peaked my interest in how far these gains could be stretched militarily by sacrificing a yr early on...I really have no idea why. o_O

Last edited by a moderator:

Mykan

Oh Wise One
No more expansions for scouting still! And only 1 expansion available on the tree. This is bull to want you to buy diamonds for more expansions. THEY RUINED THIS GAME NOW. Only 60 expansions for scouting then no more. Overpriced expansions only FORGET THAT

The game is balanced based on free to play provinces so there is no need or pressure to buy expansions from that aspect. This information and an expectation of scouting has been known for over a year, so it is not new or unexpected. We have also had information about no new grids been added every chapter for a long time too (back around orc or wood elves, if not earlier).

For people who have scouted beyond expectation they have more space than others, so more option to do as they wish in that space above and beyond the designs for that chapter. It is the same for diamond expansions, they also get more space than the game is balanced on.

DeletedUser3507

I am so glad I got my premiums before the rebalance...:rolleyes:
It allows me to have the ridiculous guest race sizes necessary.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I am so glad I got my premiums before the rebalance...:rolleyes:
It allows me to have the ridiculous guest race sizes necessary.

Everyone can fit the guest race buildings into their city, that's how the expansions are balanced.
Your premium expansions allow you to run 7 of each factory, which is actually not necessary.;)

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Everyone can fit the guest race buildings into their city, that's how the expansions are balanced.
Your premium expansions allow you to run 7 of each factory, which is actually not necessary.;)

Agreeing with jps54! I am really glad I bought the expansions early on in 1st year playing! I have no doubt that if I didn't have all of the expansions I would have quit a long time ago. I get frustrated enough when I have to sell off things I want to keep. Having more factories is also a definite plus! I can help my FS and neighbors more in the trader and I can cater in the tournament and map when I run out of troops. In real life I have a whole lot of things I don't need to survive. So why would I view it as a bad thing if I have no interest in playing a minimalist game? Obviously, I think having all available space is a very good thing! Entertainment $ well spent

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Agreeing with jps54! I am really glad I bought the expansions early on in 1st year playing! I have no doubt that if I didn't have all of the expansions I would have quit a long time ago. I get frustrated enough when I have to sell off things I want to keep. Having more factories is also a definite plus! I can help my FS and neighbors more in the trader and I can cater in the tournament and map when I run out of troops. In real life I have a whole lot of things I don't need to survive. So why would I view it as a bad thing if I have no interest in playing a minimalist game? Obviously, I think having all available space is a very good thing! Entertainment $ well spent
No doubt, and there is obviously nothing wrong with any of that. All I stated was the fact that there is room for guest races without premium expansions. Is there room for everything else that you may wish to keep because it is pretty, or you just want it for other reasons? Of course not, there'd be zero need for decision making (the choice would always be "keep everything")

The bottom line for space is this:
You can easily fit everything you need in the free space the game gives you. For other buildings that you want, you may need extra space.
There is nothing wrong with wanting more.

Last edited: