• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Elvarian Carnival event discussion thread

Silver Lady

I decided to use a teleportation enchantment and placed my Delicatessen building in the inventory

Just my opinion, but I would never use one of my few teleport enchantments on a regular cultural building. I’d just sell it & rebuild from my buildings menu if I had to have it back. i think doing it that way is cheaper, because teleport enchantments cost me lots of resources in the spire to get.

TalimSwift

I think i read somewhere that some people found the grand prize to be so-so.. Well, lets calculate:

I'm in Elementals, a fully evolved to 10 Sleigh gives:
1344 pop / 2720 culture
+ per 24hrs:
432k gold
1920 seeds
8820 planks (my t1 boost)
3kp instant

Now we know this is a 4x4, so it requires 16 squares, lets imagine we have 4 of them, this will make it easy to understand relative to other buildings in terms of space:

5332 pop / 10880 culture +
1628k gold
7680 seeds
35280 planks
12kp in instants

Similar to:
Level11 Tome of secrets = 3kp per day, 16 squares, difference = -9kp
level29 residence, 16 squares = 2800 pop, requires 1149 culture => difference = -2520 pop, -12269 culture
level27 planks factory, 20 squares, requires 6529/1690 to produce (say you do 4x3hrs +1x9hrs per day at 700% + MH bonus) about 38-40k planks per day
Festical Merchant (elementals level), 12 squares = 2240 seeds + 1200 culture

so, having 4 of the new buidings nets you 9000 workers, about 12k culture, you make more seeds and about the same planks all in the same space. Of course you're not gonna get 4, but the answer is simple, should you go for one all the way to level 10 and then decide to place it in your city? YES

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Well, lets calculate:
That's an interesting method you have there.
My method is similar:

In Elementals, a fully evolved to 10 Sleigh gives:
1344 pop / 2720 culture
+ per 24hrs:
432k gold
1920 seeds
3kp instant
All in 18 squares (needs a road)
------------------------
Level 29 Residence gives 2800 pop in 18 squares for 155.5 pop per sq.
=a value of 8.6 squares as a population source (1344/155.5)

Festival Merchant gives 2240 seeds in 13.5 squares for 166 seeds/sq
=a value of 11.5 squares as a seed maker (1920/166)

Level 27 Planks makes 40,000 in 64 squares for 625 planks per square per day (20 plus 2 roads plus 42 population squares (6529/155.5=42 pop sq))
=a value of 14.1 squares as a factory

Sub total = 34.2 squares for 190% efficiency. Plus whatever value you assign 3 KP (not 16 squares, the ToS is a terrible KP producer)
Also, I leave out culture because I don't value it and I'm lazy, but it should be simple enough to use whatever a Lava codex in your chapter gives per square as a base.

CrusaderMichael

HI. I'm a new player (a month anyway)... I'm having a problem understanding something about this carnival and my FS keeps answering in ways that aren't answering what I want. Don't want to bother them with this further...

If the "daily" quests for the carnival are daily, and I have 7 points of 74 on the bar... and all 7 of my points are from the "normal" carnival quests (i checked the elvengems list), what happened to my "daily" I either did, or, it never showed up?

I don't see a "daily" quest on the left side and if i did it without noticing, there is no point on the bar of 74 for it.... only points for the 7 normal carnival quests i did.

Hope this is clearly written. I find nothing on elvengems explaining this. Maybe i'm more lost on what's going on than i thought haha. Thanks.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
There are two sets of quests. The first set are the ones you can complete right away. The second set are quests that are released one per day. But you cannot do the 2nd set, or daily quests, until you finish the first set. And the two sets add together for 74 total.

SoggyShorts

@BQwer & @CrusaderMichael
It is important to note that those daily quests stack up, and you aren't missing anything as long as you get to them before the event is over.
E.G. you can still get the max if you do the first set in 1 day or in 20

Henroo

Oh Wise One
@MaiSakuta It really depends on if your city needs culture worse or population worse. Another tip when comparing 2 buildings of different size is to break things down to a square for square basis. How much culture and/or population does each building provide for each space it occupies? Sometimes when you break it down like this, it is much easier to decide which building is better.

AtaguS

I'm happy to see Gaelagil's Balcony make a return. I love this delightful, beautifully done little waste-of-space, lol, but stopped using RR spells on it a few chapter ago...It will be nice to get an upgraded one and perhaps a few exrta :)

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Level 27 Planks makes 40,000 in 64 squares for 625 planks per square per day (20 plus 2 roads plus 42 population squares (6529/155.5=42 pop sq))
=a value of 14.1 squares as a factory
What production schedule do you use to arrive at the figure of 40,000? Two 9 hour runs a day, a 9 hour run and multiple 3 hour runs, or straight 3 hour runs? Also, are bonuses for Magical Manufacturing or Mountain Halls included?

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
What production schedule do you use to arrive at the figure of 40,000?
@SoggyShorts
I think Henroo's right and something is off with that 40K figure. I looked at my lvl 27 steel (my boost) and with no MM spells and no MtnHalls, they make about half that with 4x3hr and1x9hr productions/day.
Note: I still agree with your overall point that a fully evolved carnival event bldg doesn't provide as much per square of any of the rewards as regular bldgs do, even with it needing a tweak to the goods production number.
Edit: Because I was looking at the numbers backwards...

Last edited:

Henroo

Oh Wise One
@SoggyShorts
I think Henroo's right and something is off with that 40K figure. I looked at my lvl 27 steel (my boost) and with no MM spells and no MtnHalls, they make about half that with 4x3hr and1x9hr productions/day.
Note: I still agree with your overall point that a fully evolved carnival event bldg doesn't provide as much per square of any of the rewards as regular bldgs do, even with it needing a tweak to the goods production number.
Actually I am not sure if he is wrong or not. I have not gotten that far in the game yet. I only recently hit Elementals and my T1 boosted manufactories are only level 24. I just wanted a better breakdown of the numbers involved for planning purposes.

DeletedUser27062

I think i read somewhere that some people found the grand prize to be so-so.. Well, lets calculate:

I'm in Elementals, a fully evolved to 10 Sleigh gives:
1344 pop / 2720 culture
+ per 24hrs:
432k gold
1920 seeds
3kp instant

Now we know this is a 4x4, so it requires 16 squares, lets imagine we have 4 of them, this will make it easy to understand relative to other buildings in terms of space:

5332 pop / 10880 culture +
1628k gold
7680 seeds
35280 planks
12kp in instants

Similar to:
Level11 Tome of secrets = 3kp per day, 16 squares, difference = -9kp
level29 residence, 16 squares = 2800 pop, requires 1149 culture => difference = -2520 pop, -12269 culture
level27 planks factory, 20 squares, requires 6529/1690 to produce (say you do 4x3hrs +1x9hrs per day at 700% + MH bonus) about 38-40k planks per day
Festical Merchant (elementals level), 12 squares = 2240 seeds + 1200 culture

so, having 4 of the new buidings nets you 9000 workers, about 12k culture, you make more seeds and about the same planks all in the same space. Of course you're not gonna get 4, but the answer is simple, should you go for one all the way to level 10 and then decide to place it in your city? YES

I went with a big fat NO. My math isn't nearly as flash as yours but it works for me.

I based my calculations off of my ch 5 human city.
A fully evolved Everblossom Sleigh gives:
208 pop
416 culture
97.2k coin/d
1.6k/d Steel
1.5k/d Silk
3KP

and requires 16 tiles.

A L15 Steel manufactory with 700% relic boosts produces approx 73 goods per tile per 3 hr cycle. The fully evolved EB Sleigh produces 3.1k standard goods per day which equates to 24.2 goods per tile per 3 hrs.
so, I'd need 3 EB Sleighs, all fully evolved, to produce the same amount of steel as 1 manu. And even if I could get 3 fully evolved buildings the space they'd take up could fit 2 L15 res, which completely negates the benefits of the 939 pop I'd get back from replacing the manu.

So, for me, none of the other calculations matter because if you can't utilise a benefit then it is no benefit at all.

AtaguS

@SoggyShorts
Is there a Storm and/or Aureate Phoenix at work as well perhaps?

SoggyShorts

What production schedule do you use to arrive at the figure of 40,000? Two 9 hour runs a day, a 9 hour run and multiple 3 hour runs, or straight 3 hour runs? Also, are bonuses for Magical Manufacturing or Mountain Halls included?
Is there a Storm and/or Aureate Phoenix at work as well perhaps?
You'd have to ask @TalimSwift , I just copied their numbers from the post 2 above mine, I don't have a city in Elementals