• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Evolving Phoenixes

The Unbeliever

So yes, it is a joke. No thanks on this one, Aureate Phoenix. Even at stage 10, it is 3 x 334 = 1002 with 8 manufactories that's 8016. So in conclusion all of the work to level this thing and get pet food equates to 8 efin k for my city's 3 hour production. The jokes on us guys LOL
As an FoE player where we've had these 'evolving' buildings for over a year now, there are always 2 general rules to remember with these things:
1. They are only worth the land in your city once you can get them into their final 1-3 or so stages...
The more levels to them, the more variance obviously. (ie: in FoE, a Lv.7 building is only generally 'good' between Lv6-7, while a Lv.10 building is generally 'good' by Lv8)

2. When there are 2-3+ versions to choose from, 1 will be a huge 'no-brainer', 1 will be decent, and 1 (or more!) will be total donkey poo.

Another reason not to rush deleting it is that if enough people complain that it's a worthless building, they might (low chance, but might) improve it.
Again, as an FoE player, I can attest to this.
We've had a couple of these evolving buildings where the balance was so out of whack that Inno *did* go back an rebalance them. (*cough*The Ship*cough*)

Of course, we also just had the Spring event, in which despite the Fire Pagoda being stupidly OP compared to the other two options, Inno "rebalanced" things by adding an additional boost to...
The already stupidly-amazing FIRE Pagoda house!lol

So, as the old saying goes, "never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity."

DeletedUser2207

As an FoE player where we've had these 'evolving' buildings for over a year now, there are always 2 general rules to remember with these things:
1. They are only worth the land in your city once you can get them into their final 1-3 or so stages...
The more levels to them, the more variance obviously. (ie: in FoE, a Lv.7 building is only generally 'good' between Lv6-7, while a Lv.10 building is generally 'good' by Lv8)
I only looked at ch14 details, but even at stage 3 both Fire and Storm Phoenix give more supplies than a max workshop running 2x9hr+1x3hr supplies at 150% culture bonus, in less space, while giving culture and population instead of using it. This is without needing to fuss with pet food boost at all - just the base, unboosted benefits. That counts as "worth the space" in my book

DeletedUser21110

So, as a newer player who focuses on tournaments, is the fire or storm Phoenix generally better? When the tournament gets to 5/6 star in difficulty, I tend to negotiate more so than fight.

DeletedUser2207

So, as a newer player who focuses on tournaments, is the fire or storm Phoenix generally better? When the tournament gets to 5/6 star in difficulty, I tend to negotiate more so than fight.
The way to fight more than negotiate is to gradually build your city up to be better in fights (producing more troops faster that have higher health and can attack harder) - and the fire phoenix + pet food bonus is going to help the most with that

Kekune

I only looked at ch14 details, but even at stage 3 both Fire and Storm Phoenix give more supplies than a max workshop running 2x9hr+1x3hr supplies at 150% culture bonus, in less space, while giving culture and population instead of using it. This is without needing to fuss with pet food boost at all - just the base, unboosted benefits. That counts as "worth the space" in my book

Those numbers seem about right for me in ch9, too - at level 3, my fire phoenix will give roughly a workshop's worth of supplies, BUT on a 48-hour production cycle. Still worth it to me, but I think you might be overstating the supply production.

DeletedUser2207

Ah, you're right, I didn't notice it was 48 hours instead of the more standard 24 hours. :) At ch14 on stage 3, it does give less total supplies than a workshop but it's also smaller, so per square it's slightly more supplies than 2x9hr+1x3hr at 150% culture bonus. But then it's still giving population+culture instead of using it, so IMO still worth the space even at stage 3 with no pet food bonus

The Unbeliever

Ah, you're right, I didn't notice it was 48 hours instead of the more standard 24 hours. :) At ch14 on stage 3, it does give less total supplies than a workshop but it's also smaller, so per square it's slightly more supplies than 2x9hr+1x3hr at 150% culture bonus. But then it's still giving population+culture instead of using it, so IMO still worth the space even at stage 3 with no pet food bonus
They're not trash by any means.
The main thing is, they're just 'decent' until about Lv5 when they will pick-up multiple bonuses, AND, their main 'feedings' bonus becomes much more noticeable.
By Lv.8+, they're now probably worthy of being considered the new S-tier buildings in the game.

And let's keep in mind, these are only the first versions of evolving buildings for Elvenar...
If the set buildings are any indication, (and if FoE's latest offerings as well), then give Inno another 3-4 events worth of muckin' about with them, and we'll probably end up with some insanely ridiculous new buildings!
(ie: remember how beyond garbage the 2017 winter & 2018 Phoenix sets were considering their stupidly massive footprints? Compare those laughable stats to the Winter Market & Carnival sets!lol;))

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Fire phoenix as a permanent source of PP at level 9 is already hands-down the best thing possible for end-game players. Those spells won't be enough to completely clear 2 guest races a year. But it will get you close to halfway there...

But when will you get it to level 9? Next event? Next year? Or can you spend diamonds to evolve it when you run out of Phoenix Fragments? I have not put any of mine out yet, so I do not even know the answer about diamonds or not.

DeletedUser19723

But when will you get it to level 9? Next event? Next year? Or can you spend diamonds to evolve it when you run out of Phoenix Fragments? I have not put any of mine out yet, so I do not even know the answer about diamonds or not.

I haven't put mine out yet either. I simply can't make up my mind! I too, would love a source of PPs; but don't know if I could get my phoenix to that level either. This is driving me crazy. :eek:

I cater as often as I fight, but it still seems like the fire phoenix is the way to go....or maybe not? Aargh!

The Unbeliever

Use diamonds to simply buy more essences to open more chests & get more 'grand prizes'. (or which, every other GP is an artifact for upgrading your phoenix buildings.;))

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
They often have an essence sale near the end, or a "buy diamonds get essences free" which would let you "earn" more feathers. You could probably just buy the extra essences in the gambling popup, but I suspect they are pricey.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Use diamonds to simply buy more essences to open more chests & get more 'grand prizes'. (or which, every other GP is an artifact for upgrading your phoenix buildings.;))

I did not use diamonds, but I had to do buy one of the special materials packages on the final day of the Carnival event to get the final grand prize set building because the chests just refused to give me any bonus essence/candy/whatever it was, so I came up just short.

They often have an essence sale near the end, or a "buy diamonds get essences free" which would let you "earn" more feathers. You could probably just buy the extra essences in the gambling popup, but I suspect they are pricey.

The "buy diamonds, get essence" sale is usually on the first day of the event. The special packages of essence should be on sale on the final day of the event. If I am close to another fragment, the way I was close to the building in Carnival, I will probably buy the smallest package again. But I will have to make sure I can load the game on my phone when the deal pops up so that I can use my Google Play balance, since that is not recognized in the store on the browser.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
The "buy diamonds, get essence" sale is usually on the first day of the event. The special packages of essence should be on sale on the final day of the event.
Perhaps we are in different market segments. My group were offered 30% off essence purchases on the first day of the event, a week ago.

Also, remember that the mobile version is charging more, because of the cut the stores are taking.

DeletedUser21053

The feeding of Storm Phoenix adds an extra boost to the Magical Manufacturing spell, which also has to be placed on the specific factories you want to get the extra goods production. MM spell adds a base of 50% extra and the Storm Phoenix will add an additional 5% for each stage while it is fed.

The duration of the feeding ought to allow a 'double dip', meaning if you have the factory ready to collect, cast all your spells *first*, then collect and reset immediately for a 3 hour build. Should this gives you enough time to come back and collect once more while all the bonuses are active and the MM spell itself runs quite a lot longer.

One more thing to remember -- feeding with the pet food IS NOT an evolution change. Evolution instants come from the feathers received from the event quest rewards. Evolution changes are permanent -- feedings are quite temporary.

Thank you for the help :) I get it now :)

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I got the buy diamonds get essence one this morning. I will spend again only if they have the essence only offer they had the first day. The diamonds plus sales stink IMO. I really don't want to spend more but I can't stand not finishing the event I spend on and I already have $ invested.