• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Failed fellowship adventure event -

Do you think a game prize apology is in order considering the major screw up of the failed FA event?

• Yes

Votes: 29 43.3%
  • No

Votes: 38 56.7%

• Total voters

edeba

It seems people wasted a lot of time and rearranged their land for this failed event. They have agreed to refund diamonds spent... I think pulling the event was the best choice and running it again without addressing a single concern from beta and the other forums was a gross mistake, but it was also a significant waste of our time.

I think an apology gift is in order. What do you think?

I wasted a couple hours in the game and then just trying to get information and feedback was also a huge waste of time.

I think at least 3 hours of instants is in order... What do you think?

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I think a gift with a value of about 10 to 25 cents is pretty much an insult. And how do they decide who deserves it? All 5 million accounts? Only the accounts that modified their play to accommodate the event? What about people with multiple cities who put in some effort in some cities but not in others? Are they getting 25 diamonds per city? Are they going to email me a 16 digit code to enter in to get the diamonds?

I think the effort involved in deciding deciding who deserves 25 diamonds and how to figure that out and how to distribute them would be a waste.

efdedd

Yes a major blunder. Inno made more $$$ off of this event than they have ever done before. That is why they pushed another one out so quickly ( rashly ). It took me until the final day of FA 1 to realize that peeps where throwing diamonds into the $$$ pit. Houndreds of thousands, just a guess, where wasted to get that 15 minute time reduction boost across all worlds. I walked away from my FS because of their ignorance towards me asking them to not waste their diamonds, ( $$$$$ ). Good one Inno. Everyone will eventually wake up & this event will be history.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I answered no because I think it's a perfect example of entitlement to imagine that we are owed compensation for delays in a game that is in active development. people who don't want to have bugs should stick to games that are no longer being developed. Like pong, or Pacman. Or Checkers.

Last edited:

DeletedUser9601

Inno made more $$$ off of this event than they have ever done before. That is why they pushed another one out so quickly ( rashly ).
Houndreds of thousands, just a guess, where wasted to get that 15 minute time reduction boost across all worlds.

What are you even talking about? These forums have little enough actual information on them. Don't make it worse by making up numbers/statements

DeletedUser9601

I answered no because I think it's a perfect example of entitlement to imagine that we are owed compensation for delays in a game that is in active development. people who don't want to have bugs should stick to games that are no longer being developed. Like pong, or Pacman.
Amen.
"Oh no, I wasted 15 minutes building a few level 1 buildings. This is unacceptable!!"
I think the reward should be a full refund for everyone for the amount that it costs to install the game: $0.00 USD.

efdedd

I answered no gift because it was a gift to me that they canceled it!

What do you mean walked away from your FS? You quit? Did you use diamonds in the last Adventure?
I have never nor will ever buy diamonds. I do have some from chapters. I did not use any. I was in this FS for 10 days prior to the start of the event. I gave them 3 warnings, with links, about the event. The AM was the only 1 to look it up. 14hours before the event started. Guess who ended up being unofficially elected to run the event?? Yes the new guy. The AM & both Mages disappeared for days at a time. We ended up in 35th position. I asked my FS to not use Diamonds as we could not catch a better position, nor could we fall back to far. They decided differently. I waited a week to see what their plans where, decided that the FA was a huge $$$ grab & informed the AM of my impending departure. I am a solo player. The tourny is mundane & boring, & this event has no value to me nor anyone.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
It's a game, and to do anything related to it that isn't enjoyable is probably suggestive of a disorder (whether mild or otherwise).

Our fellowship participates in everything. We don't require anyone to participate, though we do encourage it, and are always willing to trade stuff around to assist each other. We tend to put a few people in the top hundred every tourney, but don't keep track of it, A few don't participate at all, even though we do our best to get them to do one province, since it would get them around 50 free kp each week from the group chests. Their choice. Some of us buy diamonds, some of us don't, no-one ever pushes anyone else to do so. We participated heavily in the initial stage of the FA last time, but it quickly became apparent that there was no reasonable return-on-investment for any effort after the initial paths.

efdedd

I had been a solo player for 8 months. Never tech locked, sailed through 4 chapters. This FS had been actively pursuing me for that entire time. I only joined to try the FA. I let the FS as a whole know this. I also let them know that I can't stand in-active players. TA - Da, the next tourny 24 players, 2 chests more than ever before. That was then. Life goes on. Thank you for your thoughful insights.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Are you not able to do the FA if you have a fellowship of one?

If not, my friend''s account has been inactive for months, and if you want to invite her I can ask her to log in long enough to accept. If she doesn't have a city in the right place, I have mostly dead cities on several worlds you can invite (they won't go away, probably because I usually have a diamond balance).PM me if you care and I'll set it up.

DeletedUser3122

@efdedd - what world do you play? I've actually asked solo people to join our FS just for the FA and they can later quit. No one's taken me up on it. We don't use diamonds and we're somewhat organized - I have a spreadsheet of what is needed to complete 2 of the 3 paths, and it's all volunteer as to who does which badges. I suspect you aren't in Arendyll though. And the event was canceled. I also think it was a whole lot of (huge frustration) last go around without much to show for it in rewards. Tournaments are utterly useless to me personally, I only do them to help out teammates getting more chests. The only other question I have is, you must have good neighbors for trades and/or a nonboosted city? Our FS has boosted only and we rely on trades.

efdedd

@efdedd - what world do you play? I've actually asked solo people to join our FS just for the FA and they can later quit. No one's taken me up on it. We don't use diamonds and we're somewhat organized - I have a spreadsheet of what is needed to complete 2 of the 3 paths, and it's all volunteer as to who does which badges. I suspect you aren't in Arendyll though. And the event was canceled. I also think it was a whole lot of (huge frustration) last go around without much to show for it in rewards. Tournaments are utterly useless to me personally, I only do them to help out teammates getting more chests. The only other question I have is, you must have good neighbors for trades and/or a nonboosted city? Our FS has boosted only and we rely on trades.
I'm in F world. I don't know spreadsheets. As for neighbors, 6-7 visits/ day. Lots of tier 1 boosts, 3 tier 2, 3 tier 3. Just enough. Very few maxed bldgs. 2 AW's, don't care about them. Don't care for culture or population. Which is why I always have room to do what is needed.