• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fellowship Adventure not working

DeletedUser5800

I didn't collect anything, went and looked first to see if they had changed anything... imagine my surprise when they had not even changed what they had to for it to work again...(not that surprised actually) but I had a moment where I thought, 'Man, my FS is really balls to the wall this morning!'

DeletedUser3489

I can appreciate the frustration ... I had blocked out a few hours for this time to do our spreadsheet and now I can't do it as I can't see the map and the goals that are required (are they identical to last time?), so I'll probably end up doing the spreadsheet sometime in the middle of the night, sigh. That said, I'm sure that the folks at Inno are doing their best to fix this. Believe me, it isn't easy coding and testing a game like this, the code is no doubt full of quick fixes and shortcuts that programmers have taken over the years, so is the case with most games like this. I think Inno has in general done a fine job ... better than many ... and we should appreciate their efforts and be just a little more patient. Cheers!

DeletedUser3352

Remember, "Inno" is short for "In no way should you assume things will go smoothly"

DeletedUser3489

Thank you Hedon for that insight ... it was exactly these sorts of snide remarks that I was suggesting were a bit unnecessary.

DeletedUser7390

If I was playing on the beta server I'd certainly advocate for patience as that is where these bugs are meant to be found and sorted..but I am playing on a live server and I advocate for player restoration of lost badges here.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
What an epic fail
That's right. Epic! As in, thousands of years from now they will still be reciting and singing the poems and songs that were written about the day the Elvenar Fellowship Adventure wasn't properly released. Epic!

"The Iliad, the Odyssey, Beowulf and the Elvenar Fellowship adventure screw up."
"What is an Epic, Alex."

DeletedUser6459

In part I agree with a little patience, however I also agree that this should have been okay and tested before it went live. Fine it's a game but a lot of people have invested time and money in it. I for one an annoyed that all the work I put in producing goods etc for the badges seems to be lost. My city has suffered as a result as I wouldn't have tied them all up producing for the longer times. It would only take a word from Elvenar to say that these will be replaced or something offered.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
If I was playing on the beta server I'd certainly advocate for patience as that is where these bugs are meant to be found and sorted..but I am playing on a live server and I advocate for player restoration of lost badges here.

They elected not to run it on the beta server. They ran the 1st one on beta twice, worked out all the bugs, ignored the quality of playing experience issues, then ran it on live. They apparently thought it was stable enough to make minor adjustments (I'm guessing here, but things like change name of badges, change the prizes) to just go live with this one. I this scene in my head of a hectic office type setting where there are several persons working on trying to fix this. There's one over there in the back corner, leaned back with her hands clasped behind her head going "...I 'toll' you...I did...I 'toll' you..." said in her best southern accent...

muddyboots

I am sure the scribes, the poets and the singers are working on the epic right now.:D

But, seriously, this is disappointing, and like others I had put aside time to make the best start. It is very annoying to lose badges.

DeletedUser4070

Disappointing to hear that they have not done anything about having to cycle through quests for badges. That was the #1 complaint I heard, pretty universally.

DeletedUser9126

At 07:00 EDT the Adventure launched. Both quest line portraits were visible and allowed me to cycle through. I cashed in one Elegant Statue that had finished then earned a needed Brewery Badge. The map showed that the first waypoint had already been unlocked by other fellows. I clicked on the green and blue waypoints to see if I could apply any of my badges there. It would not let me, claiming the initial waypoint was still locked.

At 7:58 EDT the portraits and map disappeared. I had spent/wasted about an hour on the adventure.

DeletedUser11832

When the developers re-launch the adventure are they going to reinstate badges that had already been earned before they took it down? I had four Blacksmith badges and two diamond necklaces that I harvested this morning when the adventure was live, having set my workshops and manufactories working when the adventure launch was announced a couple of days ago.

DeletedUser6459

Disappointing to hear that they have not done anything about having to cycle through quests for badges. That was the #1 complaint I heard, pretty universally.
I agree, a drop down box would be much better and faster. I am sure this would be an easy fix to implement,

DeletedUser6459

Thanks everyone. As has been reported in game by now, the adventures will be restarted tomorrow.
Have Elvenar got any answers to the many of us that are asking about the badges that have been lost due to this error.

DeletedUser11863

yep I spent diamonds to complete a build to start the lvl 1 factories and that is all wasted. Should refund those diamonds!! :(