• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fellowship Adventures 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrinDarby

(still on the pit, obviously)
ThePit is still :rolleyes: the Pits !!!!!

The next big improvement ( other than a whole new FA format )
will be Selectable badges in the pit ..... weighted of course, so as
not to foster abuse, yet allowing many more badges to be used.

Whomever finishes 1 set of 3, picks the next set of 3 ...
thats not hard to code, seriously.... 3 dropdowns, easy-peasy.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
ThePit is still :rolleyes: the Pits !!!!!

The next big improvement ( other than a whole new FA format )
will be Selectable badges in the pit ..... weighted of course, so as
not to foster abuse, yet allowing many more badges to be used.

Whomever finishes 1 set of 3, picks the next set of 3 ...
thats not hard to code, seriously.... 3 dropdowns, easy-peasy.
I doubt inno would ever do that. Balancing out all those badges to be equal value/effort would be beyond difficult. It always ends up (in every game) of ppl just working out the math/effort/time and spamming out the 'best value'. And that value could change with every update/change that inno makes.

That being said, i wouldnt mind seeing the pit slightly altered (while letting inno still keep the style.) In stead of all the groups of 2-3 badges per 50 point stage, until they run through all 16 badges, then starts over... I wouldnt mind it jsut being the full list of 16 badges from the start. That would give ppl more access to use there extra badges as well as to see what is needed. It would still require the same exact badges and amount of badges, still would reward the same amount of points... it would just make it more palatable and convenient.

And thats jsut a thought within the idea of keepign the pit as is. If we started talking about changing it entirly... that would be a whole different convo.

Flashfyre

My maxed Main Hall has a 54,000K capacity (Level 37) The coin badge requires 6840K coins.

Unless my math is off, that's nearly 13 percent of capacity. I don't know where people are getting 5 or 6 percent for a coin badge. :(

When I started the FA, my MH capacity was 19.6M, and my coin badges needed 2.6M each; that works out to 13.35% of capacity.
One upgrade later, my MH holds 22M, badges still the same requirement; that now equates to 11.9%.
Math is: 2,616,000 / 19,600,000 = .133469, x 100 = 13.3469

Flashfyre

Gasp! You touched the flag!

In chapter 9 with a max lv 23 main hall Capacity 13.6m, coin badge requires 1860k. So I am at 7.3%.
Actually, that's 13.6764% of capacity

Percentage of MH capacity is found by dividing the amount required by the total amount available. Thus, 1,860,000 required is / by 13,600,00 available, which results in .136764. This is then multiplied by 100 to convert to a percentage.

It would appear that, for the given samples, the new badge requirement is ~13% of MH capacity, regardless of chapter. And, it seems based on the entry-level MH capacity of a given chapter, not upgraded (maxed) within the chapter at start of FA.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
It would appear that, for the given samples, the new badge requirement is ~13% of MH capacity, regardless of chapter. And, it seems based on the entry-level MH capacity of a given chapter, not upgraded (maxed) within the chapter at start of FA.

No. Like I posted earlier, level 43 main hall holds 160,000,000 coins and a coin badge requires 10,560,000, or only 6.6%.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
It would appear that, for the given samples, the new badge requirement is ~13% of MH capacity, regardless of chapter
figure ill add my info to help out.

My mh is level 20 (max is 21). Coin capacity is 9,000,000
Coin badge is 1,860,000
Which is 20.666%
My second city is the same numbers.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
No. Like I posted earlier, level 43 main hall holds 160,000,000 coins and a coin badge requires 10,560,000, or only 6.6%.
Agreed. And I think that's for a maxed Ch19 Main Hall, right?
Data point I posted earlier but now showing the math:
Ch18 coin badge requires 8,520,000 coins; Lvl 41 Main Hall (max for Ch18) holds 120,000,000.
8,520,000/120,000,000=7.1%

I don't think 'percentage of max lvl MH storage by chapter' is a constant variable here.

BrinDarby

until they run through all 16 badges, then starts over...

Right now, not all badges are used in the pit .... and,
Looking @ your counter-suggestion, it suffers the same
math/spamming problem as you said mine would......

I don't see why not talking about the pit, it gives no prizes,
and is not adequate in even using up all the nonused badges.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
Right now, not all badges are used in the pit .... and,
Looking @ your counter-suggestion, it suffers the same
math/spamming problem as you said mine would......

I don't see why not talking about the pit, it gives no prizes,
and is not adequate in even using up all the nonused badges.

The pit uses all badges. Its jsut broken up into groups. Each group is 50 points. So 300 points for one full cycle.
  • Farmers, Brewers, Druids
  • Ghosts, Marbles, Statues
  • Residues, Carpenters, Guards
  • Hats, Necklaces
  • Bracelets, Wonders, Coins
  • Tiara, Smith
Alls i mentioned was letting the list be all 16 at once instead of group by group. And the full 16 be worth 300 points. - Its exactly the same type and amount of badges in both cases and exactly the same point. It would just be easier to add badges and see what is needed over all.
(Suggestion based on working within the current system.)

Cleo7311

Well, this Adventure has to rank almost at the bottom for me. Not quite as bad as the early one that was cancelled after Inno loaded nonsense into the map points, but we have a considerable increase in badges needed and several badges increased significantly in cost. I still see the map saying 1 catalyst per badge, and then many of us have seen server overloads and intermittent crashes. Whoever made the last minute changes messed up.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
Well, this Adventure has to rank almost at the bottom for me
exact opposite for me. Iv been running FA's for years now. This has by far been the least stressfull one yet. The UI adjustments makes such a big difference! And this multi badge adjustment is great.

Il admit, im not thrilled about the necklaces taking 4 instead of 3 tho... So ill give you that one.

Lady Dastardly

Pit was spinning tediously slowly, so to kill time, I asked my fellows for some data points. Caveat: coin badge requirements were self reported, so I hope they are correct. MH capacity is from the wiki. Any other math errors are wholly my fault :)

So, for the Ch. 6 player, these numbers represent a Lvl 15 MH (Previous CH. max MH), Lvl 16 MH (1st MH CH. upgrade), and Lvl 17 MH (Max MH for CH.)

ChapterCoin BadgePrevious CH. max MH
% of capacity​
1st MH CH. upgrade %
Max MH for CH.​
%​
6​
960K​
4400K​
21.8​
5000K​
19.2​
5700K​
16.8​
8​
1536K​
7700K​
19.9​
9000K​
17.0​
1040K​
14.7​
9​
1860K​
1040K​
17.8​
1190K​
15.6​
1360K​
13.6​
10​
2220K​
1360K​
16.3​
1540K​
14.4​
1740K​
12.7​
12​
3270K​
2200K​
14.8​
2500K​
13.0​
2700K​
12.1​
13​
3570K​
2700K​
13.2​
3100K​
11.5​
3400K​
10.5​
15​
4956K​
4100K​
12.0​
4400K​
11.2​
4600K​
10.7​
16​
5844K​
4600K​
12.7​
5000K​
11.6​
5400K​
10.8​

Doesn't really tell us much, except that if it's based on chapter specific MH capacity, it isn't a consistent percentage, as per @samidodamage
I don't think 'percentage of max lvl MH storage by chapter' is a constant variable here.

It does seem to trend downward the higher you get in the chapters, which also jives with much of what has been reported by others here.

BrinDarby

(Suggestion based on working within the current system.)
As was I , now this does depend on the premise of the Pit itself......
Most FSs will always enter the pit with more of the "easy" badges,
and less of the "hard" badges .... and earn the same proportion
while they're in the pit.

Is the Pit there to use up unused badges, ..... or
is it just there as an add'd challange ??? .... or
what is the reason the Pit is there ???

1 constant gripe was all the unused badges....
Your suggestion was more logistics of placing badges,
rather than a way as I went, to use up unused badges.
I don't have much of a problem with your suggestion, but FSs
will still get stuck in the same place, with almost as many unused
badges still in players' hands that way.

I share your worry of abuse in my version, but its not that hard to
weight badges for the pit so that any abuse will take far too much
effort to make it worthwhile..... Lets face it, the only FSs that will
take it to that level is the top 25 FSs, all the rest just want a way to
get rid of all the rest of thier unused badges....

If you have a better way, I'm all ears ...

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
Is the Pit there to use up unused badges, ..... or
is it just there as an add'd challange ??? .... or
what is the reason the Pit is there ???
Thats a fair question and point. And replies/suggestion will certainly vary depending on each persons perspective to the answer of those questions.

I think many would like a way to use up all there extra badges; no matter what the number of those badges are or the type of those badges. (which is understandable.)
But in my attempt to look at it some from innos perspective, i do not think this was there goal or intent. They specifically made the pit never ending to make sure fs always have something to do during the event. So no 'reaching the end'.
They also specifically made it require all 16 badges. Several FA's back, inno had the pit take a majority of the badges, but not all of them. Then they changed it to require ALL 16 badge types. So that was intentional. Which says to me, they are not interested in letting ppl throw any and all remaining badges at the well. Inno wanted some level of communication and organization in the pit as well.
So considering that, i think the answer to "Is the Pit there to use up unused badges"... is no.

It also answers, or partially answers "is it just there as an add'd challange" - As mentioned, Id say more a way to make sure a fs cant 'reach the end' and be done. They want it to keep going. Because that competition keeps players engaged (hopefully). Which increases there potential for a diamond sale.

So i think Inno designed the pit both with all 16 badge types and to be never ending, for specific reasons. Maybe even more i didnt think of.
So thats why i dont think they plan on changing it to a method of letting players use any and all badges they randomly have left over at the pit.

So working off that assumption.. is why i suggested letting the pit give us access to placing all 16 badges at once instead of small group by group. Same badge types, same badge amount. Just easier to place them, and easier to see what is needed. - It would not change the game play or game dynamics at all. Only make it a little easier on the players.

BrinDarby

( great post )
So working off that assumption.. is why i suggested letting the pit give us access to placing all 16 badges at once instead of small group by group.
I can see a downside to this. Currently each person gets a fresh chance to place
one/all of 3 badges, but its a race it seems. Allowing all 16 @ once gives ppl
less of a chance there's still something they have that someone else didn't already
fill up, and the FS is still waiting on 1-2 badges like farmers/blacksmiths.

Right now if I finish 1 set of 3, I get the 1st crack @ the next 3 things, but usually
I won't have all 3, and if I do prolly not all 3 twice in a row. In your system when
I finish 1 set, I might have enuff to fill 10-12 of the next 16. If I do so, I'm using
that adv as the person who finished the last set, to place more of what I have
in the next set of 16, not just the next set of 3, maybee 6.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
The Pit is a living paradox. It's meant to eat up your existing inventory, but top fellowships are duking it out in there for rank so they're all intentionally making an absurd number of excess badges.

I am a fan of FA, but not the frequency of them. I don’t think I like the idea of a badge pool. Having to show up is an equalizer factor in a way. One fellowship can have 25 giant late chapter cities with large spreads, but if half of them don’t show up to dump badges, the little guys have a chance. One benefit of FAs not talked about here is how lively chat becomes. If there is a badge pool where players can just mail it in and not show up, then it will kill a lot of the team bonding element. It’s back to everyone doing their own things while there just happens to be a FA in the background.

This was by far the most fun FA, mostly due to ease of collecting by being able to be sloppy about it without meticulously counting or leaving Spire/tourney/wonder windows, but I had one city finish 1st and one city finish 3rd. They were full on shootouts in the final hour. One city was hoping for the other FSs to run out of bullets before time runs out and the other city was running on fumes and throwing everything into the dumpster fire to hang on for a podium finish. This is otherwise a very slow moving game. There is no other element in the game to provide that much collective adrenaline rush. I know competitive FA is not for everyone. Leading FAs is mostly a thankless job and sometimes lead to a lot of drama (from what I heard from other mages and archmages, it’s like people forgot how to do FAs after so much time off), but if you find yourself in a group willing to work together and commit, it’s such a blast! Now if we try to take it easy for FAs, it’s like a bunch of junkies in withdrawal because we’re not used to the slow pace of things anymore. Maybe I just thrive on organized chaos.

Iyapo1

So working off that assumption.. is why i suggested letting the pit give us access to placing all 16 badges at once instead of small group by group. Same badge types, same badge amount. Just easier to place them, and easier to see what is needed. - It would not change the game play or game dynamics at all. Only make it a little easier on the players.
I really like this idea! If each pit round was 5 of all 16 badges then it would reduce the individual pit cycles from 6 to 1, but it would have no impact on the actual point requirements of a complete pit round.

I can see a downside to this. Currently each person gets a fresh chance to place
one/all of 3 badges, but its a race it seems. Allowing all 16 @ once gives ppl
less of a chance there's still something they have that someone else didn't already
fill up
lol! It is a race! The goal is to finish with as few badges as possible. If the FS is stuck on Black Smiths, the player who has them gets first crack at the next cycle. Giving them access to an entire round in one shot! Sounds sweet to me! But I try really hard to balance my production to cover entire rounds! :) I cant do it! But trying is fun.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
The improvements to the FA this time are AWESOME! My little Fellowship usually does 1 path on each level. I knew we could do better with the collection improvement but I'm still in shock how well it went. We finished #16 on Elcy. I don't think we have ever even been in the top 100 before. Obviously, I am not the only one who really, really appreciates the great improvements the Devs came through on.

I also want to thank @SoggyShorts :cool: He has harped on getting this improvement to the FA for literally years.

Status
Not open for further replies.