• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Feedback Fellowship Adventures - 2023

elvenbee

@Lelanya I go to elvengems.com and get a completely blank page. No warnings or error messages, just blank

In the address bar there is a notice that "this connection is not secure" Not sure why or if that's an egems problem or my own.

AND, for the rest of you....Anyone know of a waypoint spreadsheet... an ss that tells you what each waypoint needs?

AJ
iDavis also has a Waypoint Calculator on his website - https://idavis-elvenar.com/fellowship-adventures.html#waypoints

The Elvengems site is no longer available. Look at this thread - Future of the Scrolls of Knowledge & Other Resources. @Dew Spinner's comment HERE has the Web Archive link to the site.

Magjada

I don't think even the most hard-core FAnatic would argue in favour of gutting the FS of resources. But how does the FA actually require that? So many of the badges are about collecting and producing resources.

Contribute to AWs and get a badge - grows the FS.
Collect coins and get a badge - grows the FS.
Train troops and get a badge - grows the FS.
Craft and/or Use Spells and get a badge - grows the FS.
Craft items in the MA and get a badge - grows the FS.
Produce basic goods and get a badge - grows the FS.
Fight in Spire and Tourney (earning KP, diamonds, CCs, etc) and collect a badge - grows the FS.
Produce various WS productions and get a badge - grows the FS.

You do not have to decimate your city or FS to compete in the FA. You don't need to decimate your supplies of instants. Can you CHOOSE to do so? Sure. Why would you? Because that is a part of the GAME you find fun. If @Darielle wants to win Ferris wheels so she can get coin rains so that she can help her FS do well in the FA - cool. That's her game, and it brings her joy.

@crackie please disregard this entire post. #TeamWorstofTimes. And I hope @Ihrlaen doesn't disown me.
I have to disagree with you on some of your points. Being in chapter 21, space is at a premium. In order to produce 1 or 2 day builds, I'd have to take out some buildings of value to put in level 1 factories, that offer no value to the FS. And having only 7 main workshops, I'm not about to build blacksmiths, so once again take out buildings and put in level 1 shops, and that is of no help to the FS. If the prizes were better, they would get better participation - artifacts ain't it!

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
iDavis also has a Waypoint Calculator on his website - https://idavis-elvenar.com/fellowship-adventures.html#waypoints

The Elvengems site is no longer available. Look at this thread - Future of the Scrolls of Knowledge & Other Resources. @Dew Spinner's comment HERE has the Web Archive link to the site.
I actually got what I needed from the egems site. While they aren't doing as much as before, they are, I think, still doing what they can. And, for my needs, it's better laid out than the idavis, which is designed for tracking. Of course, the "better laid out" might be because years ago I built the import routines of my spreadsheet to use egems layout. But thanks for the advice. If egems continues to struggle (I truly hope they don't as I appreciate them a bunch), I may have to re-write the import routines for idavis data layout.

AJ

Henroo

Oh Wise One
What happens to the cost of Sack of Coins and Golden Bracelet if you change chapters after the start of a fellowship adventure? Are they set when the FA starts and remain the same, or will the cost to make them increase to reflect your new chapter? I am pretty sure this has been asked before, but I don't remember the answer.

Pheryll

Set Designer
What happens to the cost of Sack of Coins and Golden Bracelet if you change chapters after the start of a fellowship adventure? Are they set when the FA starts and remain the same, or will the cost to make them increase to reflect your new chapter? I am pretty sure this has been asked before, but I don't remember the answer.

I know that squad size (used by the troops badge) has its increases reflected. Not sure about chapter changes, though I would suspect that they are also updated within the adventure.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
It works like tourney/Spire. You are locked at the start. What you do after won't affect you til next FA.

I just got around to looking at the numbers from updating my spreadsheet. Wow, they bumped up the numbers for most checkpoints and it's not just brews, coins, and blacksmiths that got affected like in the past. I guess they think it's too easy!

Silly Bubbles

You cant pop them all
Let's see whether I'll need to build even bigger shanty town. I think it might be enough as we usually run out of bracelets.

99 FA.png

SlyLady

When I changed chapters mid-FA, the chapter-based badges all adjusted at that time. Now, this was months ago, and with all the tweaking, that may no longer be the case. But I will say it was much easier to make Bracelets at the end of one chapter than, moments later, at the beginning of a new chapter!

Pheryll

Set Designer
I know that squad size (used by the troops badge) has its increases reflected. Not sure about chapter changes, though I would suspect that they are also updated within the adventure.

Was able to test taking a squad size this FA and the values did not update, even after collecting a troop badge. So the values are generated before the FA now as @crackie stated.

ThunderingRaymy

I'm curious as to why the FA has to be 6 ½ days long. The FS's that play the pit for ranking rewards get to it within 1-4 days, and since those rewards run out after the first 100, it's a small number who compete. So the rest of the time must be for FS's that just want to get the 3 maps done for rewards. I assume they follow only 1 path/map if that is their goal so I doubt they need the full time allotment. Just wondering if there are any stats regarding when say, 99% of FS's achieve the last map chest.

Obviously, I'm complaining about the length of the FS but just from my pov. I like the race to the end of map 3 and then the race to get a high rank but after 1 or 2 days of it, it's annoying that it becomes a marathon. I'm a sprinter. My preference is reduce it by 1 day + a few hours to just before Tourney starts on Tuesday.
Thoughts?