• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Feedback Fellowship Adventures - 2023

Silly Bubbles

You cant pop them all
I like FAs. It's a nice change from the routine. My FS has enough FA fans and big cities to make it quite relaxing. We're not planning or organising anything, we just self-balance, meaning that we try to balance our own badges and make whatever we're short of. We usually finish three paths in three days depending on how long we wait for everyone to contribute so they get prizes. When we're in the pit that's when the chat gets going. I usually log in more often than normally just to offload my badges. It's entertaining and engaging to see a bit of friendly competition especially towards the end. Also, the celebration and relief when it's over is worth it too.

Another reason why I like FAs is that it's a good opportunity to reorganise my city and make it more efficient. I usually delete old event buildings and rethink what production I need to put in. There's enough space to make it very easy to move things around and get it right.

Weights.png

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
which is why several the peeps in my FS built fully leveled manus to deploy just for the FA. I typically run 2 daily, but added 4 more for the FA. We still ran short during pit time. Plus I have Pilgrims, and set my Dragonheart Estate to poop out t1 also.

I don't know what the numbers are like in the low chapters, but for me. from chapters 15-21, seven 3-hour boosted tier 1 productions in max level factories for the chapter, with MMs cast, will make one bracelet badge. If I feed my Storm Phoenix, it can be done with six productions.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
i think it would only encourage FS to eject lower level players who havent yet reached seeds. why waste a roster spot with someone who cant help with some badges even if they wanted to?
Fret not. Encouraging FS to eject lower level players is already built into the program! Some early chapter players can't craft anything yet in the MAs despite having unlocked FA tech! No playing witch or druid for you, newbie! Bring on the everything bagel.

P.S. Despite crafting a pile of stuff for a crap ton of Arcane badges, including use of sips of clarity, no Gingerbread base was spotted (or Coldfire artifacts)!

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
As usual... the coins are killer. Waypoints with 65 and 85 coins a piece... its crazy for the points given. Well be skipping them, which sucks because it makes us miss the waypoints locked behind them.
I just save most of the coin rains I win and craft and don't use any unless I really do need to. I also do neighborly help to everybody unlocked on my map everyday and that gets me some extra. Then FA rolls around and I'm able to make a lot of coin badges due to the tons in my inventory I won and crafted. Made a big difference! Also edited my city name to put Main Hall first in line for neighborly help I'm looking for then change it back after the FA.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Someone has to make the bracelets.
Although it's true that lower level players can make more bracelet badges than most, in my fellowship it's the two higher level players who are responsible for the bracelets. First, a low level player will not have a high level MH, a fully-evolved aureate phoenix plus a fully-evolved storm phoenix, as well as enough mms to operate them continuously for the entire FA. They also will not have the pet food needed to keep the aureate and storm happy. I usually add enough MMs at the start of the FA so that I won't have to add any more ... they'll carry through to the end. And I add enough pet food in the morning so that it will run out shortly after I go to bed, so I won't waste those 3.5 hour runs during the night. That way I don't forget during the day and accidentally collect without mms, feeds. Low level players just can't do all that.

With my setup (and one other player in the fellowship has the same) I can craft a bracelet badge with 4 maxed t1s every 3 hours. I just built an 8th level 32 planks ... I have 10 more in storage just for the FA. I'm thinking about adding two more to have twenty leveled planks. That will give me five bracelets every three hours, and I'll still have room for a few hundred workshops with everything teleported out. Most new players just can't churn out that many bracelets ... at least I don't think so. I haven't calculated what new players can do, but I know my chapter 8 city can't produce nearly what my chapter 18 city can in the way of bracelets. It has only a low level aureate and no storm.

Edit: I also have a level 32 ETC, which helps tremendously.

Darielle

I just save most of the coin rains I win and craft and don't use any unless I really do need to. I also do neighborly help to everybody unlocked on my map everyday and that gets me some extra. Then FA rolls around and I'm able to make a lot of coin badges due to the tons in my inventory I won and crafted. Made a big difference! Also edited my city name to put Main Hall first in line for neighborly help I'm looking for then change it back after the FA.
Me too. :)

crackie

I worry about what Druid Staff badges will look like next FA after Tinlung. Devs prob think they Oprah everyone with CCs with Tinlung, but it's quite a bit of Pet Food to use if you don't have a Timewarp yet. Plus, players need to do enough tourney to justify those Pet Foods as well or else it's going backwards on CCs since Pet Food recipes cost more now.

Iyapo

Personal Conductor
I haven't calculated what new players can do, but I know my chapter 8 city can't produce nearly what my chapter 18 city can in the way of bracelets. It has only a low level aureate and no storm.
lol, a chapter 2 city can make 1 bracelet badge with two 3 hour productions of a fully upgraded Manufactory. They do not "need" to do all that to pound out bracelets.

Chapter 8 is a bad bracelet making chapter. The best chapters for bracelet making are those with T1 upgrades available in the chapter as long as those upgrades are done (Chapter 2, 4, 6, 9, 12, 15) There are no actual numbers for chapters 18 and 21 but assuming they follow patern they would be "good bracelet chapters"

Here is a really old post
We had a FS member comment on how easy the Bracelet badge is. For me, I didn't think it was easy at all, so the scaling must be quite interesting.

Using @Jackluyt 's data for goods required per chapter, I made my own table of 3h productions required per badge (the last column is for chapters that get an upgrade to during the chapter and haven't done the chapter upgrade yet -- this is using Elven Planks for production data and assuming a 700% boost (something that might not be realistic for very low chapters).
Chapter3h Productions per Badge(Using previous chapter building)
1#N/A
3#N/A

So yes, the bracelet is slanted towards smaller cities and towards the people in chapters with a goods upgrade (assuming you have had a chance to do the upgrade).

Assuming the pattern continues your chapter 8 city needs 16 3hour productions to make 1 bracelet and your chapter 18 should need around 9 3hour productions to make 1.

Edit: obviously your average chapter2 city is not going to have 700% boost or enough factories to really impact FA competition. It takes less than a week to get out of chapter 2 so only a parked and specifically designed chapter 2 bracelet maker can take advantage of this.

Last edited:

Darielle

lol, a chapter 2 city can make 1 bracelet badge with two 3 hour productions of a fully upgraded Manufactory. They do not "need" to do all that to pound out bracelets.

Chapter 8 is a bad bracelet making chapter. The best chapters for bracelet making are those with T1 upgrades available in the chapter as long as those upgrades are done (Chapter 2, 4, 6, 9, 12, 15) There are no actual numbers for chapters 18 and 21 but assuming they follow patern they would be "good bracelet chapters"

Assuming the pattern continues your chapter 8 city needs 16 3hour productions to make 1 bracelet and your chapter 18 should need around 9 3hour productions to make 1.

Edit: obviously your average chapter2 city is not going to have 700% boost or enough factories to really impact FA competition. It takes less than a week to get out of chapter 2 so only a parked and specifically designed chapter 2 bracelet maker can take advantage of this.
Thanks for the info and table. It's impressive what a smaller city can do, but I also agree that a 700 percent boost is not realistic for chapter 2, so they would probably need about the same number of factories as I do (assuming that I am always boosted with my wonders and evolving buildings). And while a chapter two factory takes up only 4 squares of space and mine in 18 take up 24 squares, I still think the scale is in my favor, since I have more than 6 times the space to build my FA buildings (again, assuming that I am between chapters, which I will be in the next FA ... but I'll grant you that's a lot of assumptions I am making.)

I can see now that a chapter 2 may indeed do more than me if they devote all their space to the FA. The only reason I think my city will do more than a chapter 2 city is because I know myself. When we have push FAs, I'm going to be living on my computer and watching every minute, and probably use some timers to hurry up productions, which a chapter 2 can't do. So I still feel I'll get more bracelets in. That's only a gut feeling, but I'll stick with it.

I was the one with the most bracelets last time (then again, we have no chapter 2 cities in our fellowship. It would be interesting to take one on for an FA and see what happens.)

I think I'll go build another planks factory, lol.

Dhurrin

I worry about what Druid Staff badges will look like next FA after Tinlung. Devs prob think they Oprah everyone with CCs with Tinlung, but it's quite a bit of Pet Food to use if you don't have a Timewarp yet. Plus, players need to do enough tourney to justify those Pet Foods as well or else it's going backwards on CCs since Pet Food recipes cost more now.
For a FS with a mix of advanced and newer players (or mostly or all advanced players) 1 or 2 players should be enough to cover the need for all the CC spells.
Though we have more players making them, I can cover the need for all 3 maps by myself without too much effort if needed; I hardly ever harvest the chests from the MA, so I do that during the FSA. With 12 CC spells per chest from the Dragon Ark, that adds up pretty quickly. Tinlug will help a lot as well.

Dhurrin

I entered chap 3 just a week ago or so. My relics boost now is 228% and that is pretty close to the max. To do more I would have to scout out significantly more, going into rings further out than other available provinces AND would lead to pretty serious overscouting to get there.
Since one can't participate in tourneys, the only 2 ways to get those relics are map-encounters or crafting them in the MA, provided you get the right offer for them AND are willing to craft them when crafting resources are low.
And without any of the phoenixes or any of the AWs available to boost production, nor being able to cook MM spells, (needs to be unlocked further in chap 3) the effect of needing lower amounts is pretty much dampened.
Right now in that little city I'm going to see if I can place 10, maybe 11 maxed (meaning lvl 9) marble factories. I will have to see how much that will help out in the bracelet-production

Last edited:

crackie

For a FS with a mix of advanced and newer players (or mostly or all advanced players) 1 or 2 players should be enough to cover the need for all the CC spells.
Though we have more players making them, I can cover the need for all 3 maps by myself without too much effort if needed; I hardly ever harvest the chests from the MA, so I do that during the FSA. With 12 CC spells per chest from the Dragon Ark, that adds up pretty quickly. Tinlug will help a lot as well.
It’s not a bottleneck now. I am saying the devs will get the crazy idea in their heads that CCs will be too easy to acquire if everyone has a Tinlung. However, the effectiveness of Tinlung for early game players is still pretty minimal. It’s 3CCs for that pet food feed and in that feed duration, they need to do 20 provinces to edge out ahead, assuming they have a maxed Tinlung. Those numbers are not favorable to most early chapter players and therefore, devs shouldn’t assume just because someone has a Tinlung would mean CCs are raining from the sky, and then go tweak the Druid badge requirement numbers. Later chapter players with a Timewarp and do a ton of tourney…yeah, it’ll be raining green balls. Given we can see the entire server’s tourney rankings though, they aren’t the majority.

Dhurrin

It’s not a bottleneck now. I am saying the devs will get the crazy idea in their heads that CCs will be too easy to acquire if everyone has a Tinlung. However, the effectiveness of Tinlung for early game players is still pretty minimal. It’s 3CCs for that pet food feed and in that feed duration, they need to do 20 provinces to edge out ahead, assuming they have a maxed Tinlung. Those numbers are not favorable to most early chapter players and therefore, devs shouldn’t assume just because someone has a Tinlung would mean CCs are raining from the sky, and then go tweak the Druid badge requirement numbers. Later chapter players with a Timewarp and do a ton of tourney…yeah, it’ll be raining green balls. Given we can see the entire server’s tourney rankings though, they aren’t the majority.

I totally agree there; the devs seem to test things without ever really playing the game. For smaller cities the effect of Tinlug MAY be just enough to offset the increased amount of CC-spells needed, at a cost of needing more petfood, which for some players already is a problem. But for small cities Tinlug probably is more something to keep in storage until a later date, as it has only a very limited and costly effect.

What I meant was that for the FSA a SMALL increase in needed CC spells shouldn't be too much a problem, provided there are 2, maybe 3 (very) advanced players there. Which basically rules out a lot of Fellowships, especially ones with a lot of newbe's, so any increase should be out of the question period.
Tinlug only really benefits large, end-game players and for them it could replace the Dragon Ark, meaning fewer AW-levels which should help making the Spire a bit easier and at the same time taking up way less space.
For the real old-time whale-sized players (kinda like me I guess) who do 30+ provinces for 6 rounds in 1 day, Tinlug is an exceptionally good addition. And will help gain more than enough CC-spells for an entire 3 maps of the FSA, especially if one still has the Ark up.

Problem is, those are the exceptions. Whether the Devs understand that is a whole different story.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Beta is getting a third event in a row. The Halloween event is next. So no FA after the last two events. No clue how they will do things for an FA that needs to offer prizes for three straight events. Maybe they are making major changes and all this FA talk will not matter much longer?

crackie

What I meant was that for the FSA a SMALL increase in needed CC spells
They probably thought they gave us a "small increase" in coins required for coin badge that one time too. If they did play their game in meaningful way, they would know visiting 30 pages of neighbors for one badge is not anyone's idea of fun. :rolleyes:
But to be fair, if my job was to figure out the buff/debuff bug, I'd prob not want to play this game in my spare time either.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Ok folks the Adventures are back, coming to a city near you on Thursday January 11th. It will be version H, here is a direct link to the badge summary area in my Fellowship Adventures Guide.
Here is a link to the Gems Spreadsheet version H. Please create your own copy and then unlock the sheets to share it with your fellowship in Share setttings.
Best of luck to you all. :)

quin629

Timer is up. It's early in the morning for me and I'm counting on my fingers, but is the FA starting an hour early? Which will then also mean ending an hour early?