• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fellowship Progression Feature

hoopity

Question - when we spend our first 25,000 perk points, what is the cost of the next boost? Is it the same for all 4 choices, or is the one we already boosted more expensive?

I know you were pointed back to the main post, but for anyone else who is curious, the cost of a perk upgrade is given by:

Next Upgrade Cost = 25,000 * (1 + Current Perk Level + Sum Of All Perk Levels)

So your second purchased perk will either be 50,000 points 25,000 * (1+0+1) if you choose a different perk from the first time, or 75,000 points 25,000 * (1+1+1) if you choose the same perk as the first time.

SunsetDanar

I didn't see anyone else do this yet, so I put together a bare-bones perk cost calculator for anyone who likes watching numbers change:

https://tinyurl.com/fellowship-perks

Cool. Here's what has yet to be revealed. Most Fellowships will never take all 4 Perks to level 10 because they won't need to. Assuming a 25K per week XP acquisition rate, which could be high for many Fellowships but I'll use it, it would take roughly 14 months to take one Perk to level 10. For the Spire and Tourney Perks, Fellowships only need to take them to the level of their success. So now, if a FS needs to have a Perk at level 10 to hit their point of success, the next one begins at 475K and adds 50K per level going forward so it's exponentially advancing in XP cost doing just one at a time and doesn't make a whole lot of sense if the focus is on more than one Perk. Taking all four Perks to level 10 using my numbers takes about 8 years.

hoopity

Cool. Here's what has yet to be revealed. Most Fellowships will never take all 4 Perks to level 10 because they won't need to. Assuming a 25K per week XP acquisition rate, which could be high for many Fellowships but I'll use it, it would take roughly 14 months to take one Perk to level 10. For the Spire and Tourney Perks, Fellowships only need to take them to the level of their success. So now, if a FS needs to have a Perk at level 10 to hit their point of success, the next one begins at 475K and adds 50K per level going forward so it's exponentially advancing in XP cost doing just one at a time and doesn't make a whole lot of sense if the focus is on more than one Perk. Taking all four Perks to level 10 using my numbers takes about 8 years.

I think I get what you're saying here: the slower your FS acquires points, the less they actually need the points for things like spire/tourney archive. I don't really understand the math, though. Regardless of the order that you complete them, the total points spent for completing 40/40 perks is 25,000,000. Check out the 'Cumulative Costs' tab on the my link above. A FS getting 25k per week would need 1,000 weeks to complete the perks, or about 19 years.

For what it's worth, I think 25,000 per week is super attainable. There are many FS out there that hit 5 chests & bronze spire every week, and that's 36,000 points before factoring in helping hands. 10 people helping 20 cities 3 times per week where 50% are golden is worth 9,000 points. That's 45,000 total points per week for a fairly inactive group.

45,000 points per week for a year is enough for a FS to get a single perk to Level 9 or all perks to Level 4.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
10 chests in the tournament is 40k. Silver in Spire is 32k. 10k per day, or 70k per week, from visits is a reasonable amount for a full fellowship. That is 142k per week, or be extra conservative to account for bad weeks, and say 125k per week, and you have a good number to expect.

Last edited:

Killy-

With gold spire and 19 chests you need around 2 years for all perks. But actually you only need one perk to 10 anyways and that takes around 2 months if I remember correctly.

Amanirenas

Our FS began the day with 8000 in our Perks, and we have decreased to 3300. Is that supposed to happen? We haven't leveled.

Hueanthar

We just chose the "Knowledge Sharing" perk but we don't see it available yet in "Research progress" on AWs. Is there a delay between choosing the perk and when it kicks in?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
We just chose the "Knowledge Sharing" perk but we don't see it available yet in "Research progress" on AWs. Is there a delay between choosing the perk and when it kicks in?

Trying to remember from Beta, but I think it will go into effect with the start of the new game day, so the same time of day that a new quest is available in the event.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
If this started Monday (and I'm assuming it did? Can't remember.) then I'd say we've done okay as a fellowship. We have between 23K-24K points and we are at silver in the spire and working on the 9th chest in tourney. Our fearless leader started a vote thread so that everyone can vote on what they want in the way of perks. We decided on spire first, then tourney. I like the democratic nature of the fellowship, and the fact that none of the mages go off on our own before a consensus is reached. I think this will be a very good thing. We may not get those high numbers that Enevhar mentioned, but I think we'll do okay. I don't think it's that complicated, once you get used to it. I like it. :)

SunsetDanar

10 chests in the tournament is 40k. Silver in Spire is 32k. 10k per day, or 70k per week, from visits is a reasonable amount for a full fellowship. That is 142k per week, or be extra conservative to account for bad weeks, and say 125k per week, and you have a good number to expect.

Yes and thanks. I totally spaced over the XP gained from Spire and Tourney. Likely because they are not awarded until those events have ended.

normankoon

I really like the idea of an adventure perk... If you're worried about saving too many badges between FA's, you can make it a very small percentage of each type of badge being saved between adventures. Something like 5% per perk level (maximum of saving half of your badges). You can even have a maximum number of badges that can be carried over, so you'd get 5% of your badges carried over or the maximum, whichever is smaller.

ElfGunn

If this started Monday (and I'm assuming it did? Can't remember.) then I'd say we've done okay as a fellowship. We have between 23K-24K points and we are at silver in the spire and working on the 9th chest in tourney. Our fearless leader started a vote thread so that everyone can vote on what they want in the way of perks. We decided on spire first, then tourney. I like the democratic nature of the fellowship, and the fact that none of the mages go off on our own before a consensus is reached. I think this will be a very good thing. We may not get those high numbers that Enevhar mentioned, but I think we'll do okay. I don't think it's that complicated, once you get used to it. I like it. :)

Darielle, in the Spire, your picture is covered by the plus symbol if you are at the same level as the symbol.

Elven Jewell

I knew this would happen. As soon as we had enough perk points someone spent them. I had put out a vote so we could decide as a fellowship what we wanted to use them on. This REALLY REALLY NEEDS CHANGED. Players may think they are only choosing for them selves when it affects the whole team. The only option left to AM’s is to demote most players. This really isn’t fair to good players that have earned the mage title and could cause hard feeling. I have to wonder if who ever decided this has ever led a fellowship because it is so not how this should work. How are other fellowships handling this?