• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fellowship Progression Feature

Rp44

There is so much confusion about how this works. I think I've explained it as simply as possible and then someone asks a question or makes a comment on something I wouldn't have even thought of as an area of confusion.

Having experience "points" and excess tourney and spire "points" is certainly part of the confusion. Using "XP" will help with that - as long as someone (or your device) doesn't think you are trying to say KP instead. Ugh, similar terminology.

I wish the in-game info had actual numbers instead of non-existent or made up ones. Why does the explanation not say how many XP we earn for each FS activity? That explanation (in the app at least it's the blue ? next to Fellowship in the Perks tab) is clearly and succinctly written! That clarity would not be diminished by adding the number of XP earned per FS visit and spire crystal/ tourney chest attained.

I am excited by how most of my Fellowships will benefit from the different perks. I was so, so happy to see an in-game announcement before the feature was introduced (thank you helya!). Probably in a few months once the dust has settled most people will wonder why they thought the system was so confusing. I just wish it was less confusing now lol.

Yogi Dave

From the announcement and the wiki agrees, but I've also heard otherwise:

"Resetting Perks can be done only by the Archmage. One free reset is available on the first day of every month. All other resets will require Diamonds. Resetting Perks will give back all the Experiences Points invested in Perks."

It's the 1st day of the month thing. Is it truly only on that day or is it just once in a calendar month? If it is just the 1st day of the month, when does the day begin? Is it the time in Germany, GMT, the time local to the AM or some other time? It doesn't make sense to tie it to other events in the game such as the tourney start time or spire start time or an event, or FA or whatever else begins at a different time and shifts based on daylight saving time starts and end. After all, the US changed theirs to be different then Europe and the moon.

This was probably answered earlier, but so much becomes buried in there. I'd also like an official answer, not speculation, please. @helya, what say ye?
PecanPie3.png

Yogi Dave

I'm not 100% sure on the time though, I'll have to ask. But 90% of Inno is on vacation until January, so it might be a while before I have an answer.
If it's once a month, the time isn't very important. I'm glad the original announcement and wiki is wrong. Being from the South, I learned it's puh Khan, not pee can. It also should be ooey gooey.

Sir Buzz

How do we spend the saved tourney and spire points? Will there be an icon in the tourney or spire?
Will there be a tracker of how many tourney/spire points we've accumulated?

Cleo7311

So once we have tournament points stored, will someone cash them in to complete the first chest instead of waiting? When I made the first perk choices yesterday, it was NOT a happy moment to find that there is NO confirmation - just bang -it's done!

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
How do we spend the saved tourney and spire points? Will there be an icon in the tourney or spire?
Will there be a tracker of how many tourney/spire points we've accumulated?

Yes, the icon was already there this week, even though no one had points to spend. There is now a green + to click and it will show how many points have been stored and whether you have enough to complete the next chest/crystal. This can only be seen while the Spire or tournament are active, though, and there is nowhere else the stored points can be seen.

@Cleo7311 just like with buying perk levels, only the AM or the Mages can spend the points.

Killy-

So once we have tournament points stored, will someone cash them in to complete the first chest instead of waiting? When I made the first perk choices yesterday, it was NOT a happy moment to find that there is NO confirmation - just bang -it's done!
Don't worry about it, if you spend points you didn't need to spend, then you will get them back anyways.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
There is absolutely no downside to spending points, it doesn't need a confirmation.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
@Yogi Dave On the 1st of the month, your free reset refreshes, so if you did a reset this month, you would gain another free one on the 1st of Jan. It does not mean you have to use it on the 1st of the month. This comes directly from Beta testing.
Do they stack? For example, if you go 3 months without resetting do you have 3 resets stored? Or do you have a max of 1 free reset and the first of the month refreshes the charge on it? Also, is there any way to see how many points got stored in our tournament archive this week before the start of the next tournament?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Do they stack? For example, if you go 3 months without resetting do you have 3 resets stored? Or do you have a max of 1 free reset and the first of the month refreshes the charge on it? Also, is there any way to see how many points got stored in our tournament archive this week before the start of the next tournament?

Nope, use it or lose it. And no way to see your stored points when the Spire or tournament are not active.

Sarafyne

That would cost $20. real money out of pocket every time we need to make a change. 5 changes would add up to $100. That would absolutely leave zero money to improve their own gameplay. That is an untenable situation for most AM's. Sorry, about the adamancy of my reply, but I really like playing this game and being an AM and that could force me out of both. :(
You get 1 free reset per month, it only costs diamonds if you do more than 1, so to avoid that situation make sure you and the mages are on the same page

Cleo7311

Dirty pool - the magic green + appears on my ChromeBook but not on the browser, firefox, edge - both no green +

Cleo7311

After returning on Firefox, 2 hours into the tournament, now the green + appears! Will it disappear later??

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member

I took your question a bit differently than others did. They said not to worry because you can always reset. I took your question to mean can fellowship members cash in the STORED points (the ones stored after a mage selects that perk) by opting to get another chest in the tourney or spire without waiting for the fellowship to decide if they want that chest this time or want to save those stored points for another time.

Could someone answer that question? I'm really interested to know if non-mages will be able to cash in stored points. I know I have the button in spire that I could spend points (and it's annoying that it covers my pic), but I'm a mage, so that really doesn't answer my question. (And to be honest, I think that button should be off in a safe place somewhere where people can't accidentally click on it without thinking. I almost did once already when I thought something was blocking my pic accidentally. :(

rvtdragon1

Re Tournament saved points: Where do you find how many points your FS has stored? I can see the plus sign showing there are points that can be added but not how many points available. If I click on the plus does it show me how many points and ask if I want to add them or does it automatically just add the points to the total? I am hesitant to click anything not knowing what comes after the click. #clickhesitant:confused:

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
@Darielle
In the FS where I'm an ambassador, I don't see a green plus sign in Spire or tourney. In the FS where I'm AM, I see a green plus sign in both places even though we have 0 points Archived in either one. We upgraded the Spire perk to lvl 1, but not until after it ended, so we start storing pts this week for it.
Edit to add: @rvtdragon1
I clicked on the green plus sign in the tourney and got a confirmation box (that showed we had zero pts).
2nd edit: checked the wiki and it shows that confirmation window for both Spire and Tourney when using points.