• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fellowships and new players

Iyapo1

@Dew your missing the fact that 98% of FS do NOT do this. For the few that do, there are weeks of prep time between FAs. A little hoarding for several weeks will more than make up for a moonstone set. But again, most FS do not do this.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
How many CCs do you think you can get from the Spire and 24/7 MA?
Just like I did for 6 months until I managed to complete my moonstone set you can use timers on the MA.
Also, FAs are a couple of months apart so if you don't hardcore craft in between you absolutely can make enough CCs to do your part in a #1 FA FS.

Your argument is wrong and the only reason for you not to qualify for joining a top FS with your levels is your inability to sell yourself, and no tournament score or spire ability nor even unlimited Residue badges can fix that.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Residues do not matter as much as some people are making it out to be. There is that one spot, third from the end on orange on stage 3, that requires 49 Residue to finish. My Beta fellowship has skipped that spot every time, which means we also do not complete the two spots after it. We get into the Pit faster and those 49 Residue, plus one more, are good for 500 points in the Pit, versus the 300 that spot is worth. My Beta fellowship has finished first for two FAs in a row now. And I like to think part of that is because we do not get hung up on finishing every single spot on every path, when the time saved means much more in the Pit. And as a side point, the new version of the Bracelet slows us down way more than any other badge does. So no, the number of complete Library sets someone has is not nearly as important as having enough max level boosted tier 1 factories so that you can make one bracelet for every 3-hour production. For the FA, I would rather see someone with 10 or 12 factories, making a couple of bracelets every 3 hours, than a bunch of moonstone sets.

SoggyShorts

There is that one spot, third from the end on orange on stage 3, that requires 49 Residue to finish. My Beta fellowship has skipped that spot every time, which means we also do not complete the two spots after it. We get into the Pit faster and those 49 Residue, plus one more, are good for 500 points in the Pit, versus the 300 that spot is worth.
This doesn't add up.
Unless something changed this time, the residue spot on stage 3 is second from the end not third and asks for 52, not 49.
If that's the spot we're talking about then you are giving 50 residue badges 500 points of value in the pit while ignoring all other badges and you must do the same for the spots unlocked behind that residue map spot changing the value from 300 to 600 which is greater than your 10 pit rounds.

Last edited:

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
This doesn't add up.
Unless something changed this time, the residue spot on stage 3 is second from the end not third and asks for 52, not 49.
If that's the spot we're talking about then you are giving 50 residue badges 500 points of value in the pit while ignoring all other badges and you must do the same for the spots unlocked behind that residue map spot changing the value from 300 to 600 which is greater than your 10 pit rounds.

Weird, it does say 52 now. Maybe that was adjusted from the original run on Beta, when the cost to make one was reduced, and I just never looked at the spot again because we always skip it there and my Live fellowship never does that path to begin with. And I was going by memory for the number of spots on orange we do not do because of that, so two and not three. But regardless, taking the time to do those two spots for 600 points and not having the residue badges for the Pit, or having all those badges for the Pit and getting in six full cycles of badges ten times for 3000 points. My Beta fellowship wants to get to the Pit as quickly as possible and then a bunch of them enjoy sitting around and loading it up as quickly as possible. That is why we finished something like 9000 points ahead of the 2nd place fellowship. Sure, we could go slower and do those spots and get to the Pit later and get less points, but not knowing if another fellowship has their own trick to get a high score, so why risk it?

Iyapo1

I would rather see someone with 10 or 12 factories, making a couple of bracelets every 3 hours, than a bunch of moonstone sets.

20210314_113401.jpg

17 Bracelets per day

Last edited:

Dew Spinner

@Dew your missing the fact that 98% of FS do NOT do this. For the few that do, there are weeks of prep time between FAs. A little hoarding for several weeks will more than make up for a moonstone set. But again, most FS do not do this.
If you are hoarding you are immensely hurting your city by passing up on crafting essential things and I doubt many players are passing up 5 day military buildings, pet food and possibly extra time boosts and supply instants. That is just not plausible, when I had no Moonstone sets and still went to the top of the Spire every week and had a fully leveled MA, I had to portion out my CCs and spell fragments and absolutely COULD NOT craft everything I wanted, let alone have enough for FA. The ability to hoard AT ALL is because of Moonstone sets.

Dew Spinner

Just like I did for 6 months until I managed to complete my moonstone set you can use timers on the MA.
Also, FAs are a couple of months apart so if you don't hardcore craft in between you absolutely can make enough CCs to do your part in a #1 FA FS.

Your argument is wrong and the only reason for you not to qualify for joining a top FS with your levels is your inability to sell yourself, and no tournament score or spire ability nor even unlimited Residue badges can fix that.
Can't sell anything when most top FSs want 6 figure scores and that has been my experience, My stats speak for themselves, it's the FSs that don't want younger cities and I am proof of that. With 3,500+ tournament and top of Spire weekly your explanation just doesn't add up. Doing my part in FA and doing 5 VV badges a day easily like lyapo1 says are 2 different things. There is absolutely no way of doing that with spire and 24/7 max level MA alone and the thought of players passing up essential things for SEVERAL weeks to hoard for a 1 week FA seems counter intuitive and therefore most likely not done by very many players. I surely am not passing up on 5 day military buildings, pet food, time boosters and supply instants.

SoggyShorts

Can't sell anything when most top FSs want 6 figure scores and that has been my experience
Checked 3 servers, and 26 players are in the top 10 FS with scores under 100k.

Obviously, some top-ranked fellowships care about rank, and guess what? Your low rank won't help that, but it has nothing to do with a lack of multiple moonstone sets since those actually give zero ranking points.
Doing my part in FA and doing 5 VV badges a day easily like lyapo1 says are 2 different things.
No, they are not.
The real bottleneck is Residue badges, and any city with a level 5 MA and gold spire can get 30 of those per FA using timers.

Last edited:

Dew Spinner

Checked 3 servers, and 26 players are in the top 10 FS with scores under 100k.

Obviously, some top-ranked fellowships care about rank, and guess what? Your low rank won't help that, but it has nothing to do with a lack of multiple moonstone sets since those actually give zero ranking points.

No, they are not.
The real bottleneck is Residue badges, and any city with a level 5 MA and gold spire can get 30 of those per FA using timers.
So 10% that is hardly indicative of what you said. Your right because I have 4 Moonstone sets, every single reply back has mentioned 6 figure score, so I guess that is what they are looking for. Very few FS are Gold Spire, so how many players does that equate to in total? Very, very few.

SoggyShorts

So 10% that is hardly indicative of what you said.
I said that a player who does the spire and tournament can get into the top 10 fellowships. That 10% is absolutely indicative that I am right.
Of course the top ten FS can't be full of small players, that's clearly impossible since they then would drop out of the top 10. Think about it.

If on average, each top 10 FS has a little player, then that is indicative that little players can get into the top 10.

Last edited:

Iyapo1

Also, it depends on what board you are looking at. If you want an FA FS look at the at the FA board. If you want a Spire FS look at the spire board. There are a number of top ten ranked FS on the Ranking board who are not top 10 in the FA or the Spire.

Dew Spinner

Bull.
I said that a player who does the spire and tournament can get into the top 10 fellowships. That 10% is absolutely indicative that I am right.
Of course the top ten FS can't be full of small players, that's clearly impossible since they then would drop out of the top 10. Think about it.

If on average, each top 10 FS has a little player, then that is indicative that little players can get into the top 10.
In my world the there are 4 of the top 10 with 1 or 2 less than 6 figure scores, so 6 players out of 250 spots. I never said it wasn't doable, I said it isn't probable. It's not just about how you "sell" yourself! ;)

Last edited:

Dew Spinner

Also, it depends on what board you are looking at. If you want an FA FS look at the at the FA board. If you want a Spire FS look at the spire board. There are a number of top ten ranked FS on the Ranking board who are not top 10 in the FA or the Spire.
Yes that's very true. I was mainly talking about FA FSs because that is where the Moonstone set comes into effect the most. I have seen many top overall FSs that don't bother much with FA. I wish my FS didn't bother much with it, it's a PIA for a week!

SoggyShorts

In my world the there are 4 of the top 10 with 1 or 2 less than 6 figure scores, so 6 players out of 250 spots.
That makes sense though- As I said, every small player you add reduces your FS score thereby dropping you lower and possibly out of the top ten. There is a limit to how many small players you can have before this happens.
I was mainly talking about FA FSs because that is where the Moonstone set comes into effect the most.
Nope. You have 4 moonstone sets, and unless sinya is WAY different than my servers the top 10 FA FS players don't have that many on average, so that can't be why you are being rejected.

Dew Spinner

That makes sense though- As I said, every small player you add reduces your FS score thereby dropping you lower and possibly out of the top ten. There is a limit to how many small players you can have before this happens.

Nope. You have 4 moonstone sets, and unless sinya is WAY different than my servers the top 10 FA FS players don't have that many on average, so that can't be why you are being rejected.
I am not concerned about joining a FA FS! You are convoluting things. My posting about FA FS is about new players being at a disadvantage because of CC production. The top 10 FS posting is something totally different, you said if a player was in a top 10 gold spire FS there would not be a problem and I stated that it isn't as easy to get into a top 10 FS as you think and that there are very few FS that are Gold Spire which means very few players can enjoy that advantage. Sorry for the confusion.