• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fix these things and this game would be better

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I really want to start building the Gardens of Harmony, but it's bigger than a whole 5X5 expansion
Sometimes I skip a culture building. The common wisdom is to always upgrade to the newest biggest culture because it is the most efficient. Sometimes though, if you are moving quickly through a chapter(gain 193 relics/buy 75 kp quests?) it's better to skip one than to replace a bunch of stuff only to replace it again in a few days.

DeletedUser5251

You may be right.

Right now I have 328 squares dedicated to culture, for a total culture of 26080, which is about 79.5 per square.
The garden of harmony is 30 squares for 2100 culture, so only 70 per square.

Thanks. Now I don't feel like I'm missing out.

DeletedUser2191

You may be right.

Right now I have 328 squares dedicated to culture, for a total culture of 26080, which is about 79.5 per square.
The garden of harmony is 30 squares for 2100 culture, so only 70 per square.

Thanks. Now I don't feel like I'm missing out.

How many smaller cultural buildings as equal to a single Garden of Harmony could you sell? Sure GoH is big, once you sell off the smaller culture buildings, you gain all that space back. Thus increasing the per square rate of land occupied by culture, since less land will be used for culture.

SoggyShorts

@Enelya Ciryatan
Another point to consider is visit buffs. Having just a few large culture buildings gets you more culture bonus per visit. Personally I'm not making any decisions on culture until after the event-- a few Snowy Charming Trees and a dozen Winter Stars would make a huge difference to any plan I came up with now.

DeletedUser5251

That sounds good. Especially since I have 18 level one steel factories and work shops taking up all my extra space right now.

WolfSinger

Personally, I understand the rising costs of the KP each time you purchase -what I would like to see is that with each new chapter the cost of buying KP reset to a lower level - I would suggest 1/2 of where the player is currently at. Once you complete the research advance scouts tech at the start of the chapter - the costs reset - then continue to increase as they did previously with each purchase.

Gives progressing players a little reward with dropping prices to ridiculously low levels.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
One of the issues any game faces is new players coming in and having to choose whether to stick around in the face of players who've been there longer having an advantage. One of the ways of overcoming that is to make it harder and harder as we progress, so that players face a parabolic curve of difficulty such that power difference between newer and older players is lessened over time. Anything that flattens the curve increases the disparity between new and old players. Adjusting KP purchase price downward at various points is exactly one of the those interruptions.

We all (generally) desire to lobby for games to be easier, but easier progression means new content is needed more quickly and new players need more time to come close to catching up with older players. Easier and better aren't always the same thing, especially in a game. Nor are "better" and "better for the game" always the same thing. I'm of the opinion that scaling KP purchase prices is good for the game.

SoggyShorts

@Ashrem
You sound like someone who remembers the good ol' days when you didn't beat games, they just got harder and harder until you died.:D
6a7a0db66b8bb33f46f18dac73218242.jpg

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
While I've only ever played a couple of games before this, I guess you're right. The game is for testing ourselves against. if we beat it, we don't know how good we are, only that we're better than the game. If we don't beat it, we can compare ourselves to the other 20k people who haven't beaten it. Why else have a standing?

Thistleknot

Aren't you experiencing the same things here? (Not a sarcastic question -- I really want to know.)
At the moment, I am not having that problem. I am still gaining expansions slowly. I am one of the few that "over scouted" but still can win combats. Also most of my upgrades seem to have the same size as the previous building or the change in size compliments the way I have my city set up. I am feeling a little bit of a pinch trying to figure out where to put the Wood Elves specific buildings. I have two expansions on hold, one to research, and I am 6 provinces away from another so I think I'm in good shape.

Soggy,
I remember when MS Adventure and Zork were big games and Pong for the Atari came out. Yikes! I'm old.:eek:

DeletedUser1122

I am one of the few that "over scouted" but still can win combats

Me too. I have 281 provinces at the start of orcs getting dung faced. I've obtained 1 additional expansion and am about to get a 2nd. I don't see any issue obtaining additional expansions moving forward. I'm still scouting 24/7.
I'm still buying kp just to get ride of all the surplus coins: 606K each. Carry on gang:)

DeletedUser4778

Sometimes I skip a culture building. The common wisdom is to always upgrade to the newest biggest culture because it is the most efficient. Sometimes though, if you are moving quickly through a chapter(gain 193 relics/buy 75 kp quests?) it's better to skip one than to replace a bunch of stuff only to replace it again in a few days.
I often skip building mid-chapter culture buildings and would have skipped more if not for mainline quests such as build Ancient Runes (which they should really rename to avoid confusion with rune shards). I've completed Ancient Grounds and am one research away from Tavern and Temple. I wouldn't build Ancient Grounds except that I think a mainline quest requires it. Ho hum.

DeletedUser5251

Crap. Having a garden of harmony is a quest I can't dismiss.

Oh well. Someday after this event is over I'll have the space to build it.

DeletedUser2191

Crap. Having a garden of harmony is a quest I can't dismiss.

Oh well. Someday after this event is over I'll have the space to build it.

lol I'm on the same main quest in my baby city. It's on hold for now until this winter event is done, once I see what kind of culture I can end up with. Will build the 1 for sure, after that, decide to keep and or build more or sell it. As for space, that's not an issue, 3 provinces from an expansion. Just hit Advance Scout leading into Dwarf chapter which has 5 expansions from tech.

DeletedUser3507

Me too. I have 281 provinces at the start of orcs getting dung faced. I've obtained 1 additional expansion and am about to get a 2nd. I don't see any issue obtaining additional expansions moving forward. I'm still scouting 24/7.
I'm still buying kp just to get ride of all the surplus coins: 606K each. Carry on gang:)

Interesting I am half way through Orcs and at just 251 provinces, had 223 when I started Orcs which is max for not having them.

So how did you add 49 provinces and just be starting Orcs, just does not compute unless you spent alot of diamonds on bypassing Orc negotiating cost...

Last edited by a moderator:

Thistleknot

Interesting I am half way through Orcs and at just 251 provinces, had 223 when I started Orcs which is max for not having them.

I'm currently at 316 provinces and I need 322. I got most of this prior to the combat changes. I have three open for conquering, just need time to do the fights. I have one being scouted and 17 potential areas to scout. The 17 potentials will probably not all be scouted due to the battles not being winnable at some point. Then again I may press on and just negotiate. If I do conquer all of these I will have completed the 12th ring.

DeletedUser1122

So how did you add 49 provinces and just be starting Orcs, just does not compute unless you spent a lot of diamonds on bypassing Orc negotiating cost...
I DO NOT; WILL NOT spend $ on this game says Sam I Am.
I now have 285 cleared provinces. I auto fight or throw surplus goods away, which ever the battle calculator shows to be the cheapest on supplies.
I have never cleared provinces in a circle but first went after my boosts then to traders. Now I go back and do a province I skipped or still scout ahead so I can spread the goods to both the hard and easy provinces and if a trader appears....make a B line:)

I should add I am considering deleting all the fighting stuff and just producing more. Still stinking about that.

Last edited by a moderator: