• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Headless Halloween discussion

Deleted User - 593524

I too am feeling the "newbie" pain of trying to do the Halloween event, and I agree with the sentiment that if newer players can't get SOME kind of reward for event participation, then we'll feel we are wasting our time with this game. I'm currently stuck on the Main Hall upgrade in tier 2 as I'm only able to produce about 40 of each T1 mineral every 3 hours (and can't even stay at 150% culture without neighborly support). And then this Halloween event I have been vigorously trying to power through all week wants me to solve 25 encounters when each one costs 100-150 resources to negotiate. It's reeaally disheartening. I get the argument that "newbs" shouldn't be able to get the best rewards in the game, but other games have multiple tiers of rewards for how far you can progress in events.

Also, I did join a nearly full fellowship, but I guess I'm a little late to the game, because all the trades available are up in the 1000s of items and are nearly as one-sided as the wholesaler. I'm thinking about leaving and trying to see if there are more newb-friendly fellowships out there.

Post your trades. Does not madder how small and ask them to take them. When I see small trades I take them, knowing that a newer player needs help.

DeletedUser12430

So, just a little test here. I started 2 new cities 7 days ago. City A was able to get into a great fellowship the very first day. City B was picked up 2 days later.

City A is now on Advanced Scouts, Level 2, a current score of 270 in the tournament, and completed 22 of the 30 quest's the Halloween quest required....in 7 days.

City B is now 4 techs away from Advanced Scouts, Level 1, a current score of 174 in the tournament, and completed 8 of the 30 quest's the Halloween quest required....in 7 days.

No diamonds spent. Just raw data. So, if a new chapter 1 player can achieve anywhere from 8 to 22 quest's for an event in just 7 days....how much more could they have gained if they had the entire duration of the event instead of just 7? Good chance I would have completed all 30 had I kept to it. The point is, I see so many post's about how hard it is for new players, and ones about new players being unable to win in these events....well, guess what? You have been debunked.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser12941

Did anyone else have the problem of tournaments not counting towards the 14 encounters/tournaments quest?

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Did anyone else have the problem of tournaments not counting towards the 14 encounters/tournaments quest?
The wording of those quests could have been clearer.
You had to do EITHER 14 tourney encounters OR 14 map encounters; you could not combine them. The quest giver counted whatever you had the most of (tourney or map). So, if you did 8 map encounters, then went and did tourney encounters, you'd have to do 9 before the tourney encounters would show up. Since I read beta forums, I noted this from discussions over there and brought it up in my FS in Elcysandir. We all decided to look at it as 'pick one way and stick with it like the first one you do is the path you chose'.

DeletedUser12171

It's an "Either Or" quest. You can't combine tourney and map encounters.