• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Headless Halloween discussion

DeletedUser51

Dear Humans and elves,

Please use this thread for your feedback on our newest event, Headless Halloween! You can read the announcement here.

We would love to hear what you think!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
When will it start, I got the announcement. But didn't get the little box where the steps are.
I've actually never been sure what time events start as I'm always sleeping. Sometime tomorrow morning though.

This year's Halloween questline will be available from 30 October (afternoon CEST)
CEST is central Euro summer time. So it's 2am there now meaning "afternoon" is 10h from now.

Tauriel Dragonwood

Solve 14 Encounters or solve 14 Tournament Encounters is difficult for new players. Have the game devs forgotten new players can only solve 4 tournament encounters per day? If you're not lucky getting the relics from treasure chests when you offer neighborly help, it would take 4 days to complete this quest. The enemies on the World Map Provinces are too strong right now to take them on, and new players don’t have that many goods to negotiate.

I just realized each tournament province has 4 encounters. New players can only solve 4 tournament provinces/day so they should be able to solve 14 Tournament Encounters, if they have built barracks and armories and are training troops or if they have enough goods to negotiate. But if the tournament was closed, it would be very, very difficult for new players to Solve 14 Encounters on the World Map provinces. The enemy units are just too strong and the amount of goods needed to negotiate is ridiculously expensive.

Last edited:

DeletedUser19703

It's also almost impossible when you're chapter locked because you can't fight the encounters (armies WAY too strong) don't have the goods to negotiate (not high enough output yet). Every scout also takes time.
I've been stuck on Chapter 3 for ages, because I simply cannot fight the encounters and have to rely on goods. I have 2 provinces left to solve, but I don't have enough goods to do it. And forget about buying 12 KP -- that is pretty much impossible for me, I just can't afford it.
So... I'm not going to get that prize.
I am getting very tired of "events" like this, to be honest. I'd like to take part, I'd like to try and get the prize, but not like this. It should be achievable without having to bankrupt yourself. Plus -- KP cost never goes down again. Nope.

shimmerfly

Yes @Tauriel Draggonwood We know you are trying to get the Devs to make the Events really easy for the new players. And that's nice of you! :D
BUT if they make them any easier I wouldn't still be here playing the game and either would a lot of the other players. I came because it intrigued me with the art work and possibilities, but I stayed for the challenge the game offers and the many facets of it.
( Plus the good people on the forum that walk me through things when I get stuck). "Search more" is a valuable asset when your looking for answers.
If you sit at a piano for the first few times you can't expect to play a great Concerto. We all were new players at some point!
Your still getting experience and some nice Time reducing spells though. And a peak of things to come to keep you coming back. Also your making extra goods, learning to fight or negotiate, trade, not to over scout, what mistakes not to make......etc. etc. Not a loss if you look at it a little differently. You Do Always have at least a week to plan as well, and you learn how to!
Sooooo I hope you can withstand the challenge for the whole of the group here.;)

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
It's also almost impossible when you're chapter locked because you can't fight the encounters (armies WAY too strong) don't have the goods to negotiate (not high enough output yet). Every scout also takes time.
I've been stuck on Chapter 3 for ages, because I simply cannot fight the encounters and have to rely on goods. I have 2 provinces left to solve, but I don't have enough goods to do it. And forget about buying 12 KP -- that is pretty much impossible for me, I just can't afford it.
So... I'm not going to get that prize.
I am getting very tired of "events" like this, to be honest. I'd like to take part, I'd like to try and get the prize, but not like this. It should be achievable without having to bankrupt yourself. Plus -- KP cost never goes down again. Nope.

I think you should start a thread called, "What am I doing wrong?"
And detail exactly what you are doing because getting out of chapter 3 should not "take ages."
Also, if you think scouting takes long now, boy are you in for a shock.

I do have one guess as to what you are doing wrong. Either you have not joined an FS or your FS sucks. Because a decent FS should be able to help your goods problem.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
BUT if they make them any easier I wouldn't still be here playing the game
parenting-meme2.png

DeletedUser12171

I finished it. It was easy for my chapter with advance planning.

I don't like the cartoons of the head of the headless guy. It is hideous.

One reasonable way I think it can be made more manageable for newbies is to allow a mixture of province and tournament encounters to count toward quest totals.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser19615

I am a new player so this is my first full event. For quests like "solve 14 encounters or tournament encounters," are negotiations and battles outside of the tournament supposed to count towards that total? They have not been for me. The only thing that has increased that quest counter is tournament battles. The way it is phased makes it seems like things outside tournaments should contribute to the quest.

Edit: nevermind, I just saw that they meant either 14 encounters or 14 tournament battles, not a mix of the two. That makes sense, but is not very clear in the quest description on first read.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tauriel Dragonwood

We know you are trying to get the Devs to make the Events really easy for the new players.
You need to start a new city and see what it's like NOW to play Elvenar. It's not like it was 3 years ago. A lot of my friends that I introduced to Elvenar have left out of frustration. I don't want the game devs to make the Events EASY for new players. I would like the game devs to make it at least possible for new players to participate in the Events. If you feel like you're being excluded all the time, you lose interest in playing and this is exactly what I see happening over and over again.

TomatoeHu

Sheets of Color
You need to start a new city and see what it's like NOW to play Elvenar. It's not like it was 3 years ago. A lot of my friends that I introduced to Elvenar have left out of frustration. I don't want the game devs to make the Events EASY for new players. I would like the game devs to make it at least possible for new players to participate in the Events. If you feel like you're being excluded all the time, you lose interest in playing and this is exactly what I see happening over and over again.

I have started two new cities recently and the game is much easier now than it was three years ago. Instants, Fellowships, Tournaments and powerful wonders have completely changed the game. It would take months to advance to chapter 5 and now it can be done in weeks! Events are also easier each release, they are almost too easy. Should we all just get a participation ribbon? There will be more events and better prizes. This event should not be a game changing moment for anyone. Its a 10 day event for one insignificant building. I have worked harder in Fellowship Adventures....