• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Headless Halloween discussion

hvariidh gwendrot

@SherG26
i joined during easter event in march this year and just did what i could, asked a ton of questions in here, shopped for a fit in a fellowship, and now it's all cake...there are also lists of what to do for these things in the beta world thread and they will let you see everything you need to do for events and such then you can plan and build ahead and get these done rather easily...if a fellowship gives you grief for being new or makes you uncomfortable dump them and get a better one...it's your game to play so have fun

DeletedUser19723

@SherG26
i joined during easter event in march this year and just did what i could, asked a ton of questions in here, shopped for a fit in a fellowship, and now it's all cake...there are also lists of what to do for these things in the beta world thread and they will let you see everything you need to do for events and such then you can plan and build ahead and get these done rather easily...if a fellowship gives you grief for being new or makes you uncomfortable dump them and get a better one...it's your game to play so have fun
Thank you for the advice. Above all, I do want to have fun in the game. I know this is the Headless Halloween thread, and I'm talking about other things now. Should I be somewhere else in the forum? Of course, then I'll lose this discussion....

Last edited by a moderator:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Should I be somewhere else in the forum?
If I were you my next stop would be
HERE: https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/festal-is-seeking-active-silk-player.17327/
@Elmoonwen is one of those rare weirdos on the internet who actually seems to really enjoy helping and teaching others;)

Failing that I'm sure there are others you can find by checking out:
Here https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?forums/members-seeking-fellowships.70/
and
Here https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?forums/fellowships-seeking-members.69/
After you check those out make sure to follow up with a little research
Here: https://www.elvenstats.com/fellowships

But I wouldn't worry too much about derailing this thread (I never do hehehe)

Last edited:

DeletedUser339

I too am feeling the "newbie" pain of trying to do the Halloween event, and I agree with the sentiment that if newer players can't get SOME kind of reward for event participation, then we'll feel we are wasting our time with this game. I'm currently stuck on the Main Hall upgrade in tier 2 as I'm only able to produce about 40 of each T1 mineral every 3 hours (and can't even stay at 150% culture without neighborly support). And then this Halloween event I have been vigorously trying to power through all week wants me to solve 25 encounters when each one costs 100-150 resources to negotiate. It's reeaally disheartening. I get the argument that "newbs" shouldn't be able to get the best rewards in the game, but other games have multiple tiers of rewards for how far you can progress in events.

Also, I did join a nearly full fellowship, but I guess I'm a little late to the game, because all the trades available are up in the 1000s of items and are nearly as one-sided as the wholesaler. I'm thinking about leaving and trying to see if there are more newb-friendly fellowships out there.

SoggyShorts

Also, I did join a nearly full fellowship, but I guess I'm a little late to the game, because all the trades available are up in the 1000s of items and are nearly as one-sided as the wholesaler. I'm thinking about leaving and trying to see if there are more newb-friendly fellowships out there.
Small players often make the mistake of looking for trades. It is extremely unlikely that you will find trades that you can take. The answer is to post trades that you want.

If my smaller FS members need trades in the 100-200 range and I place 50 of those trades, they would be gobbled up by other players in my area before my fellows even see them.
But if the player who needs those trades posts trades, then they will also get taken very quickly.

That said, I looked at your FS here https://www.elvenstats.com/fellowship/us2/22251 and I think you should find a better one
here: https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?forums/fellowships-seeking-members.51/
or
here: https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?forums/members-seeking-fellowships.52/

The reason being that your current FS has zero players beyond chapter 3, and 7 of 22 players who haven't played in over a month.

DeletedUser12430

I agree that finding a good fellowship is the foundation to the game. It should be your first quest....go forth and find others. Dont worry if your city isn't as nice as your neighbors. Go find a good fellowship so that you can build a nicer one that your neighbors. There are a ton of people that progress thru the game. Its not impossible.

Then, if you can find a good fellowship, they should be more than willing to help you in the beginning, with the trades you need, advice, strategy.....secrets to fighting. They can help you in tournaments. The fellowship will make or break your progress.,

DeletedUser7527

I too am feeling the "newbie" pain of trying to do the Halloween event, and I agree with the sentiment that if newer players can't get SOME kind of reward for event participation, then we'll feel we are wasting our time with this game. I'm currently stuck on the Main Hall upgrade in tier 2 as I'm only able to produce about 40 of each T1 mineral every 3 hours (and can't even stay at 150% culture without neighborly support). And then this Halloween event I have been vigorously trying to power through all week wants me to solve 25 encounters when each one costs 100-150 resources to negotiate. It's reeaally disheartening. I get the argument that "newbs" shouldn't be able to get the best rewards in the game, but other games have multiple tiers of rewards for how far you can progress in events.

are you in felyndral if so we would love to take you in to our fellowship and all you have to do is let us know what you need and what you have up in the trader and we will do our best to help you out our fellowship is called The Queens Guard

DeletedUser7527

@druindar faric I'm half blind....and I swear I mean no harm...but every time I see your name I swear it says drunken, then I see the guy in the back....its like the Drunken Master.....only elvenar style.

How do I get me one?
@Candacefey i can put one together for you just let me know what you would like to have as a picture and we can work on this plus some colors you like and things like that i have a artist page with alot of the work i have done you can check it out there as well

SoggyShorts

Someone needs to figure out how to move a city from one world to another.

I think this would be a decent premium feature. As long as you aren't allowed to move an advanced city to a brand-new server I don't really see the harm.
Not sure what a fair price would be. iirc moving your WoW characters was $20

Edit:
Wow Char transfer cost
You can transfer your favorite WoW character to another server (commonly called a "realm") if it has been over 90 days since the realm was launched. Transferring a character to another server requires paying a transfer fee to Blizzard. As of June 2012, this fee is $25 per character.

DeletedUser12430

Wow Char transfer cost
You can transfer your favorite WoW character to another server (commonly called a "realm") if it has been over 90 days since the realm was launched. Transferring a character to another server requires paying a transfer fee to Blizzard. As of June 2012, this fee is $25 per character

I would pay $25 to move to another world

DeletedUser12430

@druindar faric

Thanks!!! I have a picture....but cant seem to add text to it. Is this an image you can work with? If so, let me know......And thanks again. I would like the text "Candacefey" put in the lower middle of the picture, and then the text "you know what we haven’t thought of in a while? Monsters.”

Other than that, have fun. If my picture wont work....then maybe something you have?

DeletedUser12430

Well....did it again. 3rd times a charm right?

Attachments

• Candacefey.jpg
    Candacefey.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 99

DeletedUser7527

@druindar faric

Thanks!!! I have a picture....but cant seem to add text to it. Is this an image you can work with? If so, let me know......And thanks again. I would like the text "Candacefey" put in the lower middle of the picture, and then the text "you know what we haven’t thought of in a while? Monsters.”

Other than that, have fun. If my picture wont work....then maybe something you have?
yes I can