• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

How can the Devs make Enars more worthwhile for more players?

Pheryll

Set Designer
The Scouts Tavern reduces scout times.

Yes I have the Scouts' Tavern, and I definitely benefit from it reducing my scout time. However, it still takes several days to scout, and it won't be that many chapters until I am back at the 5 day scout period, in which Enar's Embassy is pretty much equal to the Maze mana generation.

Iyapo

Personal Conductor
It really is pretty. I would be happier with it if it were just a bit smaller. It is so big.

Nope. Enar's has the special limitation of scout time attached. So as the scout time increases, then its mana generation suffers.
This is true, but if a player decides to get it in woodelves when scout times are less than 24 hours, it is a wee bit more attractive.

Alram

Flippers just flip
Yes I have the Scouts' Tavern, and I definitely benefit from it reducing my scout time. However, it still takes several days to scout, and it won't be that many chapters until I am back at the 5 day scout period, in which Enar's Embassy is pretty much equal to the Maze mana generation.
Scouts Tavern is available in ch20 and can reduce scout times by 65%. Which chapter do Scouts times start taking 5 days?

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Scouts Tavern is available in ch20 and can reduce scout times by 65%. Which chapter do Scouts times start taking 5 days?
It is not so much what chapter you are in as how many provinces you have scouted. I am sitting at the end of chapter 20 in all my cities (waiting until after the FA to start ch 21). In my Arendyll city, I currently have 659 provinces scouted. Scout's Tavern is currently at level 15, which means my scout time is 58% of what it would normally be. Without Scout's Tavern, my scout time would be 98 hours (4 days, 2 hours). With Scout's Tavern it is 57 hours. However, I have only been playing since the start of 2020 and have moved through the game rather fast. Somebody who has been playing longer could easily have many more provinces scouted than I currently have and have a longer scout time.

And it was actually worse in chapter 19. The reason for this is that chapter 20 opens up with an Advanced Scouts tech. This was the first Advanced Scouts tech offered since the start of chapter 15. This stretch of 4 chapters with no Advanced Scouts techs is when scout times really get out of hand. It has been a long time, but I seem to remember my scout times were well over 100 hours in ch 19 before I got the Advanced Scouts tech at the start of ch 20 and received the -25% reduction it gave. Unfortunately chapter 21 does not have an Advanced Scouts either, so my scout times will just continue to grow while I do that chapter.

Pheryll

Set Designer
At the end of chapter 19, I was over 6 days for my scouts. Then advanced scouts got me below 5 days, and I have pretty much recovered that ground. The scout's tavern (I also get 42% reduction) is a more substantial help, but without advanced scouts offered each chapter, that will also run out.

Alram

Flippers just flip
At the end of chapter 19, I was over 6 days for my scouts. Then advanced scouts got me below 5 days, and I have pretty much recovered that ground. The scout's tavern (I also get 42% reduction) is a more substantial help, but without advanced scouts offered each chapter, that will also run out.
How many provinces have you scouted?

Astram

Forum Moderator
Elvenar Team
Ok so scouting times are an issue at what time point for Enar? Where is the break-even time, and is there a way to compensate for that, without changing the scout times?

Alram

Flippers just flip
@Henroo
Am I understanding you correctly? If your Scouts Tavern was at L35, you're scout times would only be 1.5 days?

Pheryll

Set Designer
Ok so scouting times are an issue at what time point for Enar? Where is the break-even time, and is there a way to compensate for that, without changing the scout times?

Depends. If you want it low mana production, like the Maze of Dark Matter, then 5 day scouting time is your balance point. If you have the strategy of never scouting in between chapters, and keeping to the minimum provinces needed at the start of each chapter, then you would have better access to mana for the chapter than someone who continuously scouts. If you are looking at alternate sources for mana outside of scouting, then I already proposed one idea, which would allow mana to come from tournaments in addition to world map.

Iyapo

Personal Conductor
The amount of mana from 1 Enar's Scout=10 Abbey Spells=20 Maze collections. Are you suggesting changes to the Abbey and Maze amounts too?
Just estimating that the average player would get 4-5 Maze collections per day, so once scout times are over 4 days(96 hours) Enars looses ground to the Maze. I don't know when Scout times reach 96 hours. We need someone not overscouted in chapter 19 to tell us scout times.

Astram

Forum Moderator
Elvenar Team
I still think the majority of players still overscout just to get the space "they think they need"

One of the main issues we are not including is that what we propose here often is based upon our superior knowledge of the game and its workings, including the tricks that provide an advantage that regular players do not know. This means that our Ideas may not work well for the general population of players. Or to be more precise our ideas are good for us but not for others

Astram

Forum Moderator
Elvenar Team
There are as of this morning Tournament participants by server Can others reply with the other server numbers?
Khel - 3914
Arendyll - 5166

Click on your score below your avatar and select the tournament tab and goto the last page to see the total number

There are 9881 Registered Forum members and I have never seen more than 30 at one time.

Iyapo

Personal Conductor
Sadly I play on mobile, I can see the 2 player scores above me, the two below me, and the top 50.

Alram

Flippers just flip
One of the main issues we are not including is that what we propose here often is based upon our superior knowledge of the game and its workings, including the tricks that provide an advantage that regular players do not know. This means that our Ideas may not work well for the general population of players. Or to be more precise our ideas are good for us but not for others
It all comes down to playstyle. There are awesome wonders for everyone.
1)Enar's Embassy drops a massive amount of mana for every scout and makes rune shards.
2)Maze of the Dark Matter is a steady stream of mana every 3 hours and it reduces mana decay.
3)Dragon Abbey provides mana for every spell used and it boosts mages.
They are all great wonders.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
There is an Advanced Scouts technology at the start of chapter 15. There is not another until the start of chapter 20. This period of 4 chapters in a row (16, 17, 18, 19) without an Advanced Scouts tech is when scout times get truly out of hand. It is hard to pinpoint exactly when the break-even time is during this 4 chapter stretch, because different players progress through the game at different speeds.

If somebody is moving through chapters slowly but is constantly scouting then they will have much longer scout times in chapters 16 and 17 than somebody who moves through the chapters quickly and only has the minimum number of provinces scouted to advance. This was actually an issue for me advancing from chapter 16 to chapter 17: I had completed the chapter quicker than my scout could open up the provinces I needed to advance to chapter 17. I ended up having to time boost the final few provinces so I could advance.

Pheryll

Set Designer
Just estimating that the average player would get 4-5 Maze collections per day, so once scout times are over 4 days(96 hours) Enars looses ground to the Maze. I don't know when Scout times reach 96 hours. We need someone not overscouted in chapter 19 to tell us scout times.
My estimate of 4 collections comes somewhat also from the way Prosperity Towers and Endless Excavations are synced. Four collections of the prosperity towers is as many supplies as a 1 day collection from an equally leveled endless excavation.