• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

How many staffs do you still need?

Iyapo1

It is doable. You did it, I did it, several people on this thread did it. Some people did not make it....did they go after dailies that they wanted? Or did they optimize chest selection for the grand prize in this event? Factoring in some luck(aka gambling on RNG)....Purple mask(18), white tower(27), boat(45)/Factoring out the RNG and going for the cheapest per step Purple mask(18), boat(45), white ruin(45), castle(80) ? In some events going after the dailies and best chest prizes caused a short fall.

Ensuring that everyone can get it means that players who focus on the best dailies and the best chest prizes will always still get the grand prize too. Which, to be fair, was entirely possible with the FA.

Alram

Flippers just flip
I like the challenge in the events! I don't mind spending my diamonds for a great building if I come up short. I'll just go get more diamonds. :D

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
It is doable. You did it, I did it, several people on this thread did it. Some people did not make it....did they go after dailies that they wanted? Or did they optimize chest selection for the grand prize in this event?....In some events going after the dailies and best chest prizes caused a short fall.
Coming close to victim-blaming there Iyapo;) LoL,
I can assure you I chose the theoretically best chest for advancement each time and just got screwed by RNGesus.

SoggyShorts

I like the challenge in the events! I don't mind spending my diamonds for a great building if I come up short.
I don't find the event challenging at all.
I would love more challenges to get more progress instead of just skipping it with diamonds.
Alas, that's not an option.

Iyapo1

Coming close to victim-blaming there Iyapo;) LoL,
I can assure you I chose the theoretically best chest for advancement each time and just got screwed by RNGesus.
The implication that something is wrong with players who go for dailies or who go for the best chest rewards is yours and not mine.
These people are not "victims" they just focused on different prizes. Nothing wrong with that until they turn around and say.....but gimme the grand prize too because I finished all the quests.

I very deliberately left out the RNG hated/beloved. It happens and as awful/amazing as it is, it is also fringe. Speaking of:

I still need 5 in one city and six in the other....and omg this is taking forever.....

My RNG beloved is at 260 staffs building up currency!

SoggyShorts

Some people did not make it....did they go after dailies that they wanted? Or did they optimize chest selection for the grand prize in this event?
I was mostly joking(hence the winkyface + "LoL"), but the above sentence can easily be interpreted as
"Some failed, but was it their fault?"
Which no one who did everything right would want to hear, even though you meant maybe/perhaps/some/possibly/not you but others/ etc

Alram

Flippers just flip
I don't find the event challenging at all.
I would love more challenges to get more progress instead of just skipping it with diamonds.
Alas, that's not an option.
I see. So for you, the whole event is a fail if you can't get unlimited grand prizes?

SoggyShorts

I see. So for you, the whole event is a fail if you can't get unlimited grand prizes?
Not even close.
The event is a fail if you do everything right and can't get THE grand prize which is a set. Nowhere did I say unlimited.
The option to do extra work for extra credit doesn't exist. Only the option to buy your way through does, and that's unfortunate.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
3 cities. Khel has 15 scrolls and needs 22 more staffs. Winy has 41 scrolls and needs 20 more staffs. I had better luck winning extra currency from chests in Arendyll. In that city I already have the full set and now need 5 more staffs to win a 2nd Stone Mason building.

Alram

Flippers just flip
The event is a fail if you do everything right and can't get THE grand prize which is a set.
The option to do extra work for extra credit doesn't exist. Only the option to buy your way through does, and that's unfortunate.
The entire event is completely free! If you want extra grand prizes, why not use some diamonds to get them. You can get some diamonds for free too, We could consider that extra work for extra credit.:)

Iyapo1

Henroo

Oh Wise One
You keep saying this, but that doesn't make it true.
Players, especially the ~95% who aren't in a strong spire FS can't simply conjure free diamonds on demand.
I mostly agree with this. But I am curious about what you define as a "strong spire FS." Do you mean Silver Spire every week? Or Gold Spire every week? If your definition is Silver Spire, then yeah I will go along with your estimate that 5% of players are in a "strong spire FS." But if you define "strong spire FS" as Gold Spire every week, I think your 5% estimate is off. I think less than 1% of total players actually belong in gold spire fellowships.

SoggyShorts

Except the ones who choose not to do extra work for extra credit? ;)
Lack of opportunity for some doesn't equal a choice.
I mostly agree with this. But I am curious about what you define as a "strong spire FS." Do you mean Silver Spire every week? Or Gold Spire every week? If your definition is Silver Spire, then yeah I will go along with your estimate that 5% of players are in a "strong spire FS." But if you define "strong spire FS" as Gold Spire every week, I think your 5% estimate is off. I think less than 1% of total players actually belong in gold spire fellowships.
I didn't want to exaggerate my point and was too lazy to check, but let's see:

on US2:
10 made gold out of 120 FS with a score over zero, so less than 1%
+1 point for @Henroo
44 made silver out of 120 FS with a score over zero, so about 1/3.
but there are 600 FS that didn't do the spire at all, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I won't get into the definition of what does or doesn't constitute a "strong spire FS" since the point is that not everyone has the same opportunity for diamonds as everyone else.

Iyapo1

Some players dont silver or gold spire ergo they are not in silver or gold spire Fellowships. Some players silver and gold spire in non spire Fellowships for king and country.
Making an alternative choice is not a lack of opportunity. It is a valid choice, people can play however they want. Certain choices lead to diamonds.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
It is doable. You did it, I did it, several people on this thread did it. Some people did not make it....did they go after dailies that they wanted? Or did they optimize chest selection for the grand prize in this event? Factoring in some luck(aka gambling on RNG)....Purple mask(18), white tower(27), boat(45)/Factoring out the RNG and going for the cheapest per step Purple mask(18), boat(45), white ruin(45), castle(80) ? In some events going after the dailies and best chest prizes caused a short fall.

Ensuring that everyone can get it means that players who focus on the best dailies and the best chest prizes will always still get the grand prize too. Which, to be fair, was entirely possible with the FA.
I did it because I got lucky and won 80 event currency on the map a couple times. I may have won a 300 once; I'm not sure. I optimized chest selection always, and I often didn't even look at the prizes. I just kept my mind fixed on the goal. But if I hadn't gotten any extra event currency on the map I might not have completed the set. I'm just saying you shouldn't have to rely on luck to get the prizes. If you have bad luck and get no event currency from the map chests, you should still be able to complete a set, as long as you optimize chests for completion and play smart.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I was mostly joking(hence the winkyface + "LoL"), but the above sentence can easily be interpreted as
"Some failed, but was it their fault?"
Which no one who did everything right would want to hear, even though you meant maybe/perhaps/some/possibly/not you but others/ etc
Amen. It seems as if every time you have bad luck in a game, there are always people who will assume you are whining over something that was your own fault ... which only adds insult to injury and doubles the frustration. That happens in games, in life, everywhere. You can do everything right, but the people who have average luck instead of horrible luck will always pick on you for it. :(

All I want is for people not to have to rely on ANY luck to complete the game. If they get lucky and get more, that's fine, but the basic set should be a matter of strategy, not luck.

Iyapo1

<---doing a happy dance!

I am at 259, 259, and 260...one more step in two cities and I have them all!