• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

How much Adventure is too much?

Gladiola

They could reduce the requirements in keeping with the reduction in duration. They would only need to make one path easier in order to accommodate the people who are just trying to finish (as opposed to those competing for points).

Alram

Flippers just flip
They could reduce the requirements in keeping with the reduction in duration. They would only need to make one path easier in order to accommodate the people who are just trying to finish (as opposed to those competing for points).
Or they could just get rid of the pit altogether so no one is forced to be there for 4 or 5 days.

Gladiola

@Alram that would be OK, but it doesn't address my main concern which is the duration of the FA. I am new, but I think the FA ceases to be fun somewhere around the 3rd or 4th day whether you are in the Pit or not. Basically having to plan all your activities around badges and pausing after everything you do to wait for the action to register gets old pretty fast. It's fun for a few days but not for a whole week.

Many people start to plan for the FA at least two days in advance, both by rearranging the city and by starting the long productions, so a 4-5 day FA would still last a week in terms of the activities people are undertaking to play in it.

Gladiola

@Alram the fact that it is option doesn't mean it can't be improved or that attention shouldn't be paid to what would make it more enjoyable.

Alram

Flippers just flip
@Alram the fact that it is option doesn't mean it can't be improved or that attention shouldn't be paid to what would make it more enjoyable.
More enjoyable for who? I would be ok if they just got rid of the whole thing myself, but I do try to remember that some players actually like it. They have built entire fellowships on their shared love of the FAs. They would be happy to FA all the time. (I know...I know...its wierd, like people who actually like liver. Blehth)

NightshadeCS

Or they could just get rid of the pit altogether so no one is forced to be there for 4 or 5 days.
I find this comment hilarious. Nothing personal, so please don't take offense! It's just the cyclical nature of time that makes me chuckle.

When FAs were first introduced, there was no pit. People complained so loudly that they had all these badges left over at the end that Inno added the pit as a way to use those up.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
We had agreed to take it easy this FA and said we’re only doing Green path on the last Map with Pit being optional. As the FA Mage, I said I’m off the clock so I don’t even care if people drop wayward badges in wrong colored paths. Then I dropped a single brew in the checkpoint on Blue that usually snags all the wayward kitties on this map to show that’s where I am vacationing. The Archmage followed. Now we’ve opened the Pied Piper Pub in that checkpoint and others have joined in wasting a brew in a checkpoint we don’t plan to complete bc we all need a damn drink with the frequency of these FAs. The funny part is they’ve now gone and pretty much finished the whole Map 3. Now the edict has been changed to go ahead and finish the map, except the Pied Piper Pub where you can only put 1 brew max. We’re going to hang out here and drink to all our wayward brethren who couldn’t follow directions. So much for taking it easy...

Nectar of the Gods

We had agreed to take it easy this FA and said we’re only doing Green path on the last Map with Pit being optional.
The funny part is they’ve now gone and pretty much finished the whole Map 3. Now the edict has been changed to go ahead and finish the map, except the Pied Piper Pub where you can only put 1 brew max. We’re going to hang out here and drink to all our wayward brethren who couldn’t follow directions. So much for taking it easy...

We also were not going to finish anything but the Green path on Stage 3, but. It would have had us in the pit Saturday and I just couldn't do it. I couldn't face the pit for that long. So I had them start filling in certain waypoints just to distract them for a bit. They decided to start filling in everything, even when I told them to leave certain waypoints alone. So I finally pulled the plug at 6:45 pm last night. Now we are "happily" in the pit. Honestly, everyone seems happy enough. So as long as they are happy, I am happy. ;)

I'm going to steal your idea next FA. I love the Pied Piper Pub. Nice!

Nectar of the Gods

No one is "forced" to play the pit. Or the FA for that matter, unless it is a Fellowship requirement. If a FS is not going for points there is no reason to play the pit at all. It gives nothing but points. So if you aren't going for points, don't play it.

CrusaderMichael

We had agreed to take it easy this FA and said we’re only doing Green path on the last Map with Pit being optional. As the FA Mage, I said I’m off the clock so I don’t even care if people drop wayward badges in wrong colored paths. Then I dropped a single brew in the checkpoint on Blue that usually snags all the wayward kitties on this map to show that’s where I am vacationing. The Archmage followed. Now we’ve opened the Pied Piper Pub in that checkpoint and others have joined in wasting a brew in a checkpoint we don’t plan to complete bc we all need a damn drink with the frequency of these FAs. The funny part is they’ve now gone and pretty much finished the whole Map 3. Now the edict has been changed to go ahead and finish the map, except the Pied Piper Pub where you can only put 1 brew max. We’re going to hang out here and drink to all our wayward brethren who couldn’t follow directions. So much for taking it easy...

now i get your pied piper comment on the other thread haha.

as for current posters... i don't mind the pit at all but it does compel people to eyeball the game more and for some that gets old fast.

i wouldn't mind dropping badges in to a pachinko machine instead of pit... but then the big giant fat walrus FS's would complain the smaller FS's could catch up to them out of luck. How horrible to not be assured of victory cuz yer a big giant fat walrus FS able to outproduce others !!!

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
I'm going to steal your idea next FA. I love the Pied Piper Pub. Nice!
YESSSS!!! Pied Piper Pub is franchising! It’s located at first Blue on Map 3. They are like a bunch of feral cats through the first two maps and forget we don’t do all of Map 3 no matter how many announcements I make. Someone always over-eagerly jump into B1 since it’s a fresh map and others start dumping too once they see a badge already in there.

They don’t like the Pit either bc there is no way for me to track it so the shenanigans ends. Once we enter the Pit, we have a Roast/Award Ceremony where I summarize the highs and lows of the FA from the map stages, like recognizing who made the biggest improvement or how we broke the previous record for most workplace accidents with most misplaced badges. The most coveted award seems to be the Golden Turd, given to the player who makes the single biggest dump of one badge type into a checkpoint. There has been many lead changes this FA, but it’s looking like the Archmage is going to defend his title.

Gkyr

Chef
Never lose sight of the fact that FAs were designed to burn up our resources, thereby slowing down our progress through the game.
Most FA rewards are trivial by design.
How much effort a FS will put out to allow its members display the #1 "Glorious Arch of Triumph" with almost no value? : “A soldier will fight long and hard for a piece of colored ribbon.” (Napoleon).
On the other hand, including the previous Evolving building artifact as a prize for those who didn't get their nine is a clever hook.
If players would anticipate and pace themselves through the previous Event (with the introduction of the Evolving building plus artifacts), they would play skillfully with regards to attaining the tenth stage of said building and would have no need to exhaust their resources (especially Arcane Residue, see above) playing the FA.

"I am not a black lab that needs to chase after every stick thrown by Innogames" (Gkyr).

Nectar of the Gods

If players would anticipate and pace themselves through the previous Event (with the introduction of the Evolving building plus artifacts), they would play skillfully with regards to attaining the tenth stage of said building and would have no need to exhaust their resources (especially Arcane Residue, see above) playing the FA.

You are discounting the fun for just doing the FA together. Most people in my FS love the FA. Some are crazy for it. It is not about the prizes, though I have to say many appreciate the carting library, ferris wheel, AW KP instants, time boosters, and artifacts. There has to be a prize of some type for doing the work. It's not much, but it is something. I'm happy to get the time boosters.

I usually have no need of the artifacts because I get enough to boost the evolving building to 10 during the event, as I did with the Ashen Phoenix. But I was shy a phoenix artifact for a regular phoenix. I was able to use the two artifacts from this FA to craft the phoenix artifact I needed. I thought that was great. And it got me Residue. Win/win. ;)

What resources are you exhausting by creating an Arcane Residue badge? It seems to me a person is using their resources to create something, not wasting their resources (except for perhaps time boosters). It's not like the chapter quest givers who say "deliver" x amount of goods and when you do it is just gone. THAT is wasting resources. At least if I put in 600 Spell Fragments and 4 CCs in the MA for a Mana Sawmill, I am going to get back a Mana Sawmill. I much prefer that to just losing goods. (Which is not saying I particularly like the Arcane Res badge. It is too expensive by half.)

NightshadeCS

Yes, pulling the flag at the right time to avoid too much badge loss is crucial. That's what makes doing all points, all stages so nice, none of that stress. Most of my players just don't want to have to make that many badges anymore.

We ended up doing the green path on all stages, with a few of the lucrative multicolor points in stages 2 and 3. We just entered the pit a couple hours ago.

I really only had one player wanting to do more, but when I asked them if they would help me track badges, they pretty quickly retreated from that stance. I hope s/he had fun anyway with what we have done!

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
One way to shorten it for those who get to the pit a second or two before it starts....yeah, it seems that fast...is to rank based on time taken instead of points amassed. Then you just drop the pit and the whole thing is done for some in a day or less while others have the time they need to finish since "just finishing the three stages" is also a good and rewarding thing.

AJ

Gkyr

Chef
You are discounting the fun for just doing the FA together. Most people in my FS love the FA.

Most posters take a more reserved view of the FA, or wish to radically tone it down.

I am trying to maintain a good balance in my fellowship of excitement about Fellowship Adventures without killing ourselves for the mediocre prizes.
The current pace of FAs is definitely too much. We have decided as a group to go on vacation this FA.
Our natural enthusiasm for playing the game has carried us this far. But along the way we have lost really strong players because they wanted to contribute, but the effort outweighed the rewards, and seemed a little senseless that we pushed ourselves so hard for each FA.
I am definitely on board with the idea that the rewards simply don't measure up to what they should be considering the amount of resources spent!I would completely be on board to back up a forum movement to greatly improve rewards!
All I want to know is, what was Inno smoking when they decided to have one measely 300 point waypoint on orange that required 52 arcanes in addition to 16 blacksmiths and something else. They must have been high that day ... there is no other explanation for it since I don't believe they are normally insane.
I think the FAs should be shorter if they are so frequent. 4 days seems like long enough.
I wholeheartedly agree. 4 days in the pit is a nightmare.

DeletedUser27062

What resources are you exhausting by creating an Arcane Residue badge? It seems to me a person is using their resources to create something, not wasting their resources (except for perhaps time boosters). It's not like the chapter quest givers who say "deliver" x amount of goods and when you do it is just gone. THAT is wasting resources. At least if I put in 600 Spell Fragments and 4 CCs in the MA for a Mana Sawmill, I am going to get back a Mana Sawmill. I much prefer that to just losing goods. (Which is not saying I particularly like the Arcane Res badge. It is too expensive by half.)

If you don't need the thing you're crafting then you're wasting resources. And it's exactly like chapter quests! Providing badges in the FA is exactly like filling chapter quests - they're both quests in a journey. Only the player can determine whether the quests are worth it or not.