• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

How much Adventure is too much?

Gkyr

Chef
Have to bump this over to this thread; it is worth it.

I would like to see a new FA and it is done only twice a year with better prizes. I would also like to see the spire and tournament alternate every other week instead of both going at one time. I feel I have become a time slave to INNO.

And here I have to disagree with you, lyapo:
Your not wasting anything. Your looking at whatever is being crafted as the point. The mystical object is the point, the crafted items and the FA badges are a side benefit.
the running of the FA completely warps our priorities: the badges become the crux of the game; everything else is replaced to a secondary status.
This is the psychology and, IMO, the intent of the FA.
Then there are the players who become so saturated with the FA competition that they cannot appreciate the deleterious effect that it is having on their resources and their progress.

Last edited:

Gkyr

Chef
Agree. But dangling Event badges as prizes just circularly encourages players to get involved in the FAs to use the prizes, much as the Evolving Artifact from the previous Event does. Where we diverge is that you suggest 2 FA per year as reasonable while I see FA as predatory (but no different than the entire rationale behind any MMORPG).
Two FA per year is, at least, an improvement.

Iyapo1

the running of the FA completely warps our priorities: the badges become the crux of the game; everything else is replaced to a secondary status.
This is the psychology and, IMO, the intent of the FA.
Then there are the players who become so saturated with the FA competition that they cannot appreciate the deleterious effect that it is having on their resources and their progress.
I would argue that the AR Badge is not deleterious because the more AR badges you craft the better the prizes for the individual. This badge comes with it's own reward(The mystical object in the MA). I understand why players with a diamond surplus dont care about this.

It is like bracelets. Intense bracelet crafting results in a significant boost in T1 inventory. I understand why players with massive surpluses dont care about this.

Neither of these badges are harmful to the player producing them.

Gkyr

Chef
All well and good that you should mention two badges, one of which may spur the player to create a relative wealth of T1 goods, the other necessitating crafting of available buildings, boosts in the MA, some of which may be useful, but at least I find most to languish in my inventory, while depleting my CC to the extent than when a valuable crafting candidate arises, I no longer have the CC to craft it.

And yet you ignore the requirements that we run our workshops in the most inefficient way possible for a week to be able to come up with the over-200 blacksmith badges and over-100 farmers badges, among others, that clearing all routes in all maps requires, not to mention the significant number of these badges needed in the pit PLUS running our manufactories in the most inefficient way possible to be able to claim over 100 Statues and over 100 Necklaces. This results in the depletion of Supply Instants from our inventories if we are to keep making the normal amount of troops and upgrades. And as far as Goods go, there are no instants, these badges just eat into our surpluses, if we have them, or, more likely, create tech block in the research tree. Depleting our surpluses and inventories is what FA is all about. The workshop and manufactory depletions may occur with other badge requirements that are effortless, or even beneficial, to create, but that does not make the WS and MM depletions any less wasteful.

Granted, this scenario relates to the unabashed point competition to which some FS lend themselves. The ones who do this generally have surpluses to burn but, in some, their junior members are left impoverished. One may always take the more moderate approach of completing merely one path per map for the minimal rewards. These rewards are not worth the effort, IMO. The absence of any truly game-enhancing rewards elevates the point competition to the only reason to partake, for some FS, anyway.

FA may be seen as a team-building exercise for the benefit of fellowship but realize that the team-building is going on in the obsessive culture of score domination, which is food for some but toxic for others. IMO, well-built teams have the ability to say, "enough" and to walk away from every other, or most, Fellowship Adventures.

Iyapo1

@Gkyr

I actually draw a pretty solid line between completion and competition.

The level and extent of the competition is set by the players. The harm they do to their cities to make enough BS, farmers, statues and necklaces is fully(and often joyfully)self inflicted.
The AR badge gets a lot of hate because it is a choke point for those competing but it is one of the few badges that provides it's own reward for individual players. Crafting this badge wins you diamonds!

The bracelet badge hasn't gotten a lot of hate since the second nerf but persuing it also provides benifits to the badge maker.

As for the FA altogether some players love it and some players hate it and this game allows the like minded to congregate in Fellowship together!