• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

How to prepare for Halloween event (spoilers)

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
EDIT: I just noticed they changed quest #14 from what it was on beta
You now need to train 300 troops, and
scout 1 province or produce 1 PoP spell
this shouldn't change the plan for most people since you probably want to save you spells for #16 where you will need 3 of them

Some newer players had a bit of difficulty with the Wonky event, so I thought I'd help you prepare for the next one, feel free to share this with your fellowship.

The rewards for this event are really good, so it might be worth using any new expansions you get between now and then for temporary buildings that will help you in the event like extra level 1 workshops and level 1 of your boosted goods(see note below)

Note: When I refer to "boosted goods" I am talking about tier 1 (marble, steel, or planks) to find out which one is your "boosted good" click on the relics tab in your mainhall.

For the Halloween event, you should have at least
  • 7 workshops(any level)
  • A magic academy, level 2 if possible
  • 6 of your boosted goods factory (any level) it's possible with just 3 or 4, but will cost you an extra day or 2
  • 6 of each of the relics needed to make a "power of provision spell" (these vary from player to player, find yours in your magic academy when you select the spell)
  • At least 1 province available to scout (but don't scout it yet save it for #14!)
  • At least 11 encounters that you can clear either by fighting or catering, (this one might require a lot of prep if you are fairly new. If fighting is hard for you, add up all of the goods you'll need to cater 11 encounters, and save them for quest #12)
  • 1 power of provision spell cooked but not collected in your magic academy (don't collect it until quest #8!)
  • 4 buildings at level 3 that you can upgrade to level 5. (These can be anything from residences, work shops, or your boosted goods, but don't upgrade them past level 3 until the quest tells you to!) EDIT: Which buildings you choose depends on your situation. I suggest workshops as they will help with multiple quests in the event, even though they may be slower to upgrade.

The first few quests are pretty simple:
1. Spend 2 Knowledge Points
2. Produce 15m workshop supplies 3 times
("simple tools")
3. Gain 5000 Coins (change your city name to "MH please" by left clicking on it so that visitors know to give you coins instead of culture buffs, and visit as many people as you can and give neighborly help to get more coins)
4. Produce 5m workshop supplies 5 times ("beverages")
5. Gain 1000 Supplies(shorter production times give more supplies per minute than long ones)
6. Produce 1h workshop production 6 times ("bread")
7. Produce boosted goods 3h production 3 times and 3h workshop production 3 times
(as soon as you complete this quest, set 5 workshops, and 4 boosted goods buildings to 9h production to prep for quest #10, and don't collect them until you are there!)

8.Scout 1 Province or produce Spell Power of Provision 1 time (If you have one pre-cooked you can collect it now and instantly complete this quest, and you should now set your MA to produce 2 more power of provision spells that you will need later)

9. Upgrade 3 Buildings to level 3 or higher (take those 4 level 3 buildings from the list above, and upgrade them each one time only, I know the quest only asks for 3, but you will need 4 later)

10. Produce 9h boosted goods 4 times and 9h workshop production 5 times(if you started these back as suggested after quest #7, you can collect them whenever they are ready)
As soon as you are done this, start making the 24h production on 6 of your boosted goods to prep for quest #13 (again, don't collect them until you have quest #13 unlocked!)

11. Scout 2 Provinces or produce Spell Power of Provision 2 times and gain 50,000 coins (if the 2 PoP spells that you started after finishing #8 are ready, collect them now to complete this quest, and start cooking 2 more)
(again for the coins, visit your neighbors, and change your city name to "MH please")
Now would be a good time to fill your barracks queue with your first unit type in prep for #14 (as always, don't collect them until you unlock #14)

12. Produce 5m workshop production 111 times and gain 11 relics
(The relics can be gained by clearing 11 encounters, doing some tournaments, or if you are lucky you can get some from visiting neighbors.)
(the workshop part will be slow, but you can speed it up a bit by making some level 1 workshops if you have room, extra workshops will make the final quest faster too)

13. Produce 24h boosted goods 6 times, and 3h boosted goods 12 times. (this is when you collect the goods you started after completing #10, and start on those 3h productions)

14. Train 300 units and scout a province
(collect any troops waiting in your barracks, and start making the rest you need.)
(now is a good time to set 7 workshops on the 24h production, just make sure you have enough supplies saved up to train the 300 units, and to upgrade buildings on quest #15)

15. Upgrade 4 buildings to level 5 or higher (now you can upgrade those building you put up to level 4 in quest #9)

16. Scout 3 provinces, or produce 3 Power of Provision spells (now you can collect the spells you made after finishing #11, and make more to finish this quest)

17. Produce 24h supplies in workshop 7 times ("toolbox") and 1h workshop 50 times("bread")
(now you collect the 24h supplies you started at #14, and get going on those 1h supplies)

Rewards at each chapter:
2pyt4t2.png

Scream is 5x4 and pumpkin is 4x3
2. Produce Simple Tools 3 times
3. Gain 5000 Coins
4. Produce Beverages 5 times
5. Gain 1000 Supplies
6. Produce Bread 6 times
7. Produce 3h boost 3 times and Produce Advanced Tools 3 times
8. Scout 1 Province or produce Spell Power of Provision 1 time
9. Upgrade 3 Buildings to level 3 or higher
10. Produce 9h boosted 4 times and Produce Basket of Groceries 5 times
11. Scout 2 Provinces or produce Spell Power of Provision 2 times and Gain 50K Coins
12. Produce Beverages 111 times and Gain 11 Relics
13. Produce 24h boost 6 times and produce 3h boost 12 times
14. Train 300 units + scout 1 province
15. Upgrade 4 buildings to level 5 or higher
16. Scout 3 provinces or produce spell power of provision 3 times
17. 17. Produce toolbox 7 times and Produce Bread 50 times

Other tips:
  • If you can push past the next "advanced scouts" tech in your research tree before handing in the final quest you will get better rewards
  • If speed is your only concern marble factories are the smallest and fastest to upgrade for quests #9 and #15 (thanks Russio)
301q450.png
2116ic6.png

Last edited:

DeletedUser3640

Huh...when spending money and building just 5 magic workshops backfires at you... I guess it's time to build these sweet little lvl 1 regular workshops, so they can do their magic.

SoggyShorts

just do planks or marble they upgrade faster then workshops do
Yes, marble is great for "upgrade buildings" because they are small, and fast-- but they can be a little expensive to upgrade for low level players (my CH 2 beta has to do workshops to level 5 because I don't have the goods to upgrade my plankers)
Also for low level players the extra workshops will help with multiple quests during the event, and might even be kept for future use rather than torn down.

Last edited:

DeletedUser3789

The first few quests are pretty simple:
2. Produce 15m workshop supplies 3 times
("simple tools")
3. Gain 5000 Coins (change your city name to "MH please" by left clicking on it so that visitors know to give you coins instead of culture buffs, and visit as many people as you can and give neighborly help to get more coins)
4. Produce 5m workshop supplies 5 times ("beverages")
5. Gain 1000 Supplies(shorter production times give more supplies per minute than long ones)
6. Produce 1h workshop production 6 times ("bread")
7. Produce boosted goods 3h production 3 times and 3h workshop production 3 times
(as soon as you complete this quest, set 5 workshops, and 5 boosted goods buildings to 9h production to prep for quest #10, and don't collect them until you are there!)

8.Scout 1 Province or produce Spell Power of Provision 1 time (If you have one pre-cooked you can collect it now and instantly complete this quest, and you should now set your MA to produce 2 more power of provision spells that you will need later)

9. Upgrade 3 Buildings to level 3 or higher (take those 4 level 3 buildings from the list above, and upgrade them each one time only, I know the quest only asks for 3, but you will need 4 later)

10. Produce 9h boosted goods 4 times and 9h workshop production 5 times(if you started these back as suggested after quest #7, you can collect them whenever they are ready)
As soon as you are done this, start making the 24h production on 6 of your boosted goods to prep for quest #13 (again, don't collect them until you have quest #13 unlocked!)

11. Scout 2 Provinces or produce Spell Power of Provision 2 times and gain 50,000 coins (if the 2 PoP spells that you started after finishing #8 are ready, collect them now to complete this quest, and start cooking 2 more)
(again for the coins, visit your neighbors, and change your city name to "MH please")
Now would be a good time to fill your barracks queue with your first unit type in prep for #14 (as always, don't collect them until you unlock #14)

12. Produce 5m workshop production 111 times and gain 11 relics
(The relics can be gained by clearing 11 encounters, doing some tournaments, or if you are lucky you can get some from visiting neighbors.)
(the workshop part will be slow, but you can speed it up a bit by making some level 1 workshops if you have room, extra workshops will make the final quest faster too)

13. Produce 24h boosted goods 6 times, and 3h boosted goods 12 times. (this is when you collect the goods you started after completing #10, and start on those 3h productions)

14. Train 300 units and scout a province
(collect any troops waiting in your barracks, and start making the rest you need.)
(now is a good time to set 7 workshops on the 24h production, just make sure you have enough supplies saved up to train the 300 units, and to upgrade buildings on quest #15)

15. Upgrade 4 buildings to level 5 or higher (now you can upgrade those building you put up to level 4 in quest #9)

16. Scout 3 provinces, or produce 3 Power of Provision spells (now you can collect the spells you made after finishing #11, and make more to finish this quest)
17. Produce 24h supplies in workshop 7 times and 1h workshop 50 times

Well done Soggy!!

DeletedUser3468

Well, after reading the walkthrough (great job Soggy!) I'm glad I don't really care for the looks of the prizes. I gave up on the Wonky quests in 3 of 4 cities as not being able to complete and the one city where I thought I might have a chance is looking very unlikely what with the 2 power of provision that I'm working on now. (One still has 9 hours + a second to go... right!) At least I wasn't totally liking the prize for that one either but I actually have had fun trying to finish it. (and I'll keep going in the one city and hope for a miracle! :p)

Yes, I'll probably start the quests even though I don't expect to be able to finish in time because it does make for a fun challenge. Sadly, the whole power of provision thing is going to make things come to a screeching halt in at least one city where I haven't been able to produce that spell for days because I can't get (or even get to) one of the relics I need! I really hope that they come up with an alternative quest the next time for those requiring spells to be manufactured.

ETA: You can tell how late it is by my inability to read correctly! :confused: I just reread the quests and realized that there IS an alternate to the power of provision spells! Scouting provinces I can do, and in all 4 of my cities, can do far faster than making any spells! Now I'm really glad that I slowed down on my conquest/catering/negotiating as many provinces as I could and kept my scouting time manageable! Now I just have to figure out how to get the space for baby buildings when most of my cities are A) short on space B) filled with buildings that are already over level 6 C)... I don't have a C) It's late... I'll stop now... o_O:D

Last edited by a moderator:

SoggyShorts

You should have a week, unless they release it right after Wonky is done...hopefully you'll get an expansion

i4r8xy.png

If I can do it with 7 days left and no guide on that tiny city, I'm sure you'll be fine =)

DeletedUser3616

You should have a week, unless they release it right after Wonky is done...

Since they are releasing it on Monday, but it's not the day after Wonky Walter's, does that mean we'll just get 7 days for this?

DeletedUser3087

Wonky ends on Sunday and they release the Halloween on Monday the day after it ends.

SoggyShorts

Well I looked back and the Monday 24 was not posted by INNO but by a beta player so I am not sure when it starts now:confused:
For the record, I have no idea. At first I just assumed the 24th because most things start on Mondays, and that way we would have Halloween buildins built by the 31st. Then I realized that would be super fast after the wonky event, so I dunno

@SoggyShorts can you grab a better screen shot of the buildings for us? :)
Done and done, edited original post to add a screenshot of each

DeletedUser2753

Some newer players had a bit of difficulty with the Wonky event, so I thought I'd help you prepare for the next one, feel free to share this with your fellowship.

Thank you Soggy. Great work.
Your efforts are a testament to what makes the forum so valuable, and that some players, like yourself would rather help others then tear them down. A Swedish fish for Soggy. If your interested, search on Swedish fish in the forum for the history of the award.

swedish fish (2).jpg