• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

How to prepare for Halloween event (spoilers)

DeletedUser4219

I have no room in my city for building anything. Unless the developers are going to open up space I would have to destroy buildings over level 15 and take a negative population hit which would preclude any other building for some little stupid prize like that Wally's tent. Once again screwed by both the developers and my own success at playing the game fairly all this time. You people should be ashamed.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
You people should be ashamed.
It's not that hard mate, if you read the guide you'll see you don't even need any extra buildings, they just make it faster to complete. Also, since the rewards for Halloween are better than any cultural building you can build, why not tear down an existing central place or garden of harmony during the event and replace it with some temporary buildings? Then, after the event replace those temp buildings with the rewards--Ta-Da!

DeletedUser4219

If I tear down buildings as you indicated then you also get a penalty of negative population which would preclude any further building until the negative population is made up by further building nor does the rewards offer enough population to offset it. Instead of this new battle system, they should have allowed more expansion in the cities by now. I have buildings I can't even begin the place in my city. Also, you seem to be a bit cavalier with the expended resources it took to build the buildings in my city especially since catering now cost an enormous amount of resources one I checked today 15000 elixir 18000 silk etc REALLY????? However, I do appreciate your taking the time to respond to my post. Thank you, at least someone is reading these post, since I am sure the developers don't give a hoot! Cheers right , mate!

SoggyShorts

you seem to be a bit cavalier with the expended resources it took to build the buildings in my city
Indeed, as I suggested, one culture building torn down at a pretty modest cost of supplies and coins. I wouldn't recommend removing a level 15 Elixir, that's just silly. Again, making more room is optional, you can easily complete the event without any additional buildings-- it just takes longer. At your level with some prep, you should be able to complete the whole questline in 5 days or less, I did it with this city
1zzq4o1.png

I'd rather not derail this thread though, so if we can stick to help and tips for players to complete the event I'd appreciate it.

DeletedUser4766

Question; This quest calls for us to produce 9 hr boosted goods 4x - will it be only tier one goods? In my case that is Planks, or are we able to use the tier two buildings (Silk) also?? I am asking because I only have 3 of each tier.

SoggyShorts

Question; This quest calls for us to produce 9 hr boosted goods 4x - will it be only tier one goods? In my case that is Planks, or are we able to use the tier two buildings (Silk) also?? I am asking because I only have 3 of each tier.
All quests are tier 1 only.
Tier 2 and 3 do not count
I recommend building 3 more tier 1, even if they are just level 1

DeletedUser4766

All quests are tier 1 only.
Tier 2 and 3 do not count
I recommend building 3 more tier 1, even if they are just level 1
Thank you so much for answering so quickly ! I am ok in Elcy with space, but in Arendyll - I have no goods & no space ! ha ha Off to fix that one.

SoggyShorts

Thank you so much for answering so quickly ! I am ok in Elcy with space, but in Arendyll - I have no goods & no space ! ha ha Off to fix that one.
You're very welcome, by the way:
13. Produce 24h boost 6 times and produce 3h boost 12 times
That is the nasty quest if you have less than 6 tier 1

KonTiki

When will this Halloween quest start ... date was mentioned today (Monday 10-24) but day is almost over and I see no notice. Do I need to sign up or is the start just delayed? Thanks

DeletedUser4774

Thank you for this cheat sheet! After Wonky Waldo, I was pretty dejected. Lotsa time, lotsa diamonds and I got to the #10 and didn't have the relics needed to move forward. Being a newbie, this shows me how to move through the system. Thanks for taking the time to do this for us that don't have a clue!

DeletedUser3468

13. Produce 24h boost 6 times and produce 3h boost 12 times
That is the nasty quest if you have less than 6 tier 1

Thanks for the reminder on this one! I have at least 6 tier one factories in a couple of my cities but not necessarily in all... I'll have to check on that and clear some space to put in some baby factories if I don't have 6. I think I only have 4 in my youngest city and that just won't do.

DeletedUser4537

When will this Halloween quest start ... date was mentioned today (Monday 10-24) but day is almost over and I see no notice. Do I need to sign up or is the start just delayed? Thanks
I'm sure Soggy was guessing about the start -- he's been through the beta test of it and was incredibly gracious to go through all the trouble to put together a guide. It would have been reasonable for it to start Monday... but Inno hasn't mentioned it is even coming, much less when.

I'm starting to wonder if it will happen... seems like a lot of trouble for Inno to go through though to not actually follow through with it. :rolleyes:

DeletedUser1901

I have a sneaking feeling that they held off due to the BIG issues with Firefox, there are a LOT of players that can't access the game right now...

Also, I figure they will announce it in the forum formally like they did Wonky Walters...

DeletedUser3468

I have a sneaking feeling that they held off due to the BIG issues with Firefox, there are a LOT of players that can't access the game right now...

Also, I figure they will announce it in the forum formally like they did Wonky Walters...

Which means that we should look for it long after October 31st. Hey, they did the Summer Solstice event long after the actual solstice so there is precedence for it! ;)

DeletedUser3312

Soggs you rock, yes you do my friend. as usual your instructions are dang!!!! .... spot on. smiles. I am doing this in beta. I just started chapter 2. I don't play regularly on beta so... smiles.. but I am on #15 right now. It is great for any level player and the prizes are great. so much culture and population and it's free. Higher level players will need to either have a magic academy or plan out the scouting towards the end of the contest. I'm here now. and 20 minute scout times were the way to go for me. I have not placed my MA yet and do not plan to for a long while if ever. smiles. It has tied up one of my daily quest people but.. I can live with it lol. I strongly recommend marble factories. they are fast and take up little room 1 x 2.... and truthfully that is my boosted good in beta and I have 10 factories and they produce so little. I can't wait for the tournament for marble so I can get my boosts up. I can't cater or fight so... I'm stuck. wow... marble sucks if it is a boosted good lol.

DeletedUser3297

The size of the manufactory determines how much it produces. The marble manufactories are a 1x2 for Elves and a 2x1 for Humans which both produce an max average of 20/day at that size. The steel manufactories for both human and elves are 2x2 and produce a max average of 40/day. Which means both manufactories produce about the same amount of goods per square, so you may need more of them, however they will not take up a larger footprint to keep up with production.

SoggyShorts

It is great for any level player and the prizes are great. so much culture and population
Have a look at my Beta city, the only culture I have is from Halloween, and I won't need to build another culture building until I upgrade everything from level 3 to level 10. I sit at 150% all the time, unless one of my 2 buildings is buffed, then full 170% lol

DeletedUser3312

Dang, I need you in my fellowship lol

your city is awesome!!! my mollygirl city.. lol.. not so much. I am struggling with marble boosted goods.. and pray for a tournament soon. smiles. I am really struggling here. but... it's a challenge for now that interests me.