• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

I'm tired of guest races

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
After a mere four weeks since my last tech, I am only a few days away from having 42000 pearls for my next tech in chapter 17. And only 15 more techs to go after this one. So exciting that I'm only considering quitting once or twice a day.

That is painful. I finished chapter 17 in about 4 months, but I did burn through hundreds of time boosters.

Yogi Dave

For the record, I've enjoyed every GR chapter except 15, Elvenar. It wasn't the chapter per say. I like reading the storylines that go with the quests and the challenge of doing them, no matter how stupid they are, costly, etc. My problem was with Elvenar's storyline. It felt like I was being lectured at. I liked what that led to in the following chapter's storyline. Overall, Orcs, Amuni, Constructs and Traders of Unur are my favorite storylines, although Amuni had the toughest set of quests.

Disclosure: I have 32 premium expansions for 800 extra squares which helps a lot with the GR village. Also, I got to the end of chapters with Amuni, so I have plenty of time between chapters to set up for the next one. Also, while waiting there is the FS to enjoy interacting with and playing around with alternate strategies to see how they affect things.

Deleted User - 849411552

I'm in Chapter 17 now and I really like it. My career was in Coast Guard and I guess I just like ships! The only annoying thing is that none of the ships are teleportable for the FA, so that's a bit frustrating. I can see why they have that limitation for this chapter, because part of the challenge involves judging when to tear down the big ships and build the small ones - and then how many do you build? If you could just teleport them at will then that would make it a bit too easy! ;)

I am finding the portal profits useful, but you do have to build the ships too. I have always followed the story quests, so building the resource buildings is part of that anyway.

I've enjoyed almost all the chapters and I really don't consider how long or short they are. I just play and have fun. All the chapters except Chapter 8, Orcs. I didn't find them amusing, just disgusting what they wanted to do with my city! :(

Now I feel sorry for the orcs because they seem to be slaves to be traded or used as cannon fodder.

But as to the question, then of course you should stop when its no longer fun! Do something different, build up the city and its wonders, etc. - as most folks have been saying. :)

MagicPagan

I am in chapter 18 and if you do not like guest races then you should stop playing. Each chapter has it's own challenges which in my book makes the game fun. 4 cities is too much. I once had 5 and left 4 of them behind and I enjoy the game a lot more. Just focus on 1 and you might like it a lot more
Oh okay, I'll just quit.

MagicPagan

I recommend trying something different to focus on first, but if that doesn't work, I mean....we do want you to enjoy whatever games you do choose to play. I wouldn't leave until last resort if you end up not liking the other kinds of ways to play.
That was a tongue-in-cheek reply. I have no intention of quitting the game altogether, but I may quit guest races for the foreseeable future.

Yogi Dave

I used to play several cities, but only 2 of them were the main ones. By the time I was in Amuni, I had dropped to only 2 cities and when I finished that chapter in both cities, I found myself pretty much ignoring one of them because it was just too much, and it was beginning to feel like a chore. While I liked the people in both cities, I had a longer history with one of them, so I dropped the one I was ignoring. The game has been much more fun since then. I did create a beta city to work on developing it. By the time I got to orcs, it too was beginning to be a drag. That city's purpose now is only to look at new features in the game.

Your question at the beginning was about parking your cities. @Iyapo said, chapter 15 is a good place, but that one is a real slog, especially in the beginning. There are 13 techs to get you boosted T1 and 15 to get the 3 4-star troops. Of course, a lot of those techs are common. However, in both cases you will be going through the slowest part of the chapter to get there and will need some guest race goods to get there.

Since you like the tourneys, and spire, the 2 AWs from chapter 14 are fabulous! So, parking there and developing those AWs and others that will help with the parts of the game you like makes that a good place to park. You won't need RR or BP spells since you aren't moving to new chapters. The events will occasionally give a building that is better than what you have or just looks cool and you have to have it. After a while you will know exactly how to arrange your city for an FA or event. You can probably just keep 3 city plans, which you may refine a bit over time.

Another alternative is to park a couple of your cities, maybe all but one, and only do the next chapter with fewer cities. After they finish the chapter, park them and take the time to upgrade the buildings from that chapter. You can then decide if it's worth it to take your other cities through that chapter. That will give you relief from doing all 4 cities at once. You may also learn how to better progress through that chapter and you will have the experience of what it's like to have parked cities.

Silver Lady

@MagicPagan, @Yogi Dave his advice is the path I’m taking.

Another alternative is to park a couple of your cities, maybe all but one, and only do the next chapter with fewer cities. After they finish the chapter, park them and take the time to upgrade the buildings from that chapter. You can then decide if it's worth it to take your other cities through that chapter. That will give you relief from doing all 4 cities at once. You may also learn how to better progress through that chapter and you will have the experience of what it's like to have parked cities.

Moho

Chef
Greeeeeat
Many players seem so confused when I tell them I run parked cities.

IMG11.jpg

mikeledo

All my cities are parked and not by choice. When is the next chapter coming out and I like the idea of ending guest races which require one to rip apart their city.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I absolutely agree that Chapter 15 sucks your soul. I started Elvenar in 2019, and have been parked in this miserable Chapter for almost two years solely because it sucks so badly, only to hear that Chapter 16 and 17 are even worse. Greeeeeat

I am trying to figure out what is so hard about chapter 15? I did it in maybe 4 months, including completing all the chapter quests, while working a full-time job and having a life outside the game. And the same for chapters 16, 17, and 18. Chapter 19 is the one that took me the longest at almost 6 months.

Pheryll

Set Designer
I am trying to figure out what is so hard about chapter 15? I did it in maybe 4 months, including completing all the chapter quests, while working a full-time job and having a life outside the game. And the same for chapters 16, 17, and 18. Chapter 19 is the one that took me the longest at almost 6 months.

I found it the perfect chapter to portal profit through, using a large number of vaults of wisdom primarily to make exchanges so as to avoid wasting capped guest race goods.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I found it the perfect chapter to portal profit through, using a large number of vaults of wisdom primarily to make exchanges so as to avoid wasting capped guest race goods.

Once I got past the quests that required the Vault, and the portal was level 4, I remember getting rid of every guest race building other than the Portal, because if you have enough PPs, you don't need any of the other buildings to clear the chapter.

Genefer

Once I got past the quests that required the Vault, and the portal was level 4, I remember getting rid of every guest race building other than the Portal, because if you have enough PPs, you don't need any of the other buildings to clear the chapter.

Not everyone plays the Spire, and for those that don't won't have many PPs to work with, and that will definitely increase the difficulty of the chapter - space consumption and time

Alram

Flippers just flip
Not everyone plays the Spire, and for those that don't won't have many PPs to work with, and that will definitely increase the difficulty of the chapter - space consumption and time
This is true but not everyone plays the tourney so they also won't have these wonders leveled much.
I think the difficulty with 15 is the millions of T3 Sentient goods, but this is easily mitigated with the SS, TW, ST, and ETC wonders,

Genefer

That's true too

I wonder if the people that quit in 15 are players that don't participate in the Spire and/or the Tournament. I can't imagine I would enjoy the game without the resources. from both. I feel like I would still be in chapter 6 lol