• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Improve/fix cross tier trades

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Yeah tournaments are tough. Everyone needs the same goods at the same time. It's a good idea to stock up on those goods in between tourneys. For example next tournament is elixir, so everyone will be looking for marble, crystal, elixir (the first in each tier)

As for picking up the big trades, I try to tell my smaller fellows to just post for what they need rather than hunting for trades that are small enough. Some players in other fellowships will post a bunch of tiny trades in case the small players need it, but we find it is more efficient to just have the big guys sweep the trader a few times a day each.

As for the math, we've discussed it at length in a few threads that I can't seem to find just now, but here's a pretty good one:
https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/production-and-trade-16-1.3675/
and here:
https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/cross-trades-are-nightmares-for-people.5644/

Last edited:

DeletedUser19638

It is well known that the trades for cross tier trades are set up to be "fair" only as far as coin and supply costs are considered.

There are various estimates of land costs, 5:1, 16:1...

An entirely land cost trade may not also be fair. I propose people vote for what they think would be the most fair ratio for programing into the cross tier trades.

What currently exists as "fair" is:

16 T1 : 1 T3
4 T1 : 1 T2
4 T2 : 1 T3

T1- tier1
T2- tier2
T3 - tier3

No, That's what exists as the true value of each Good.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
i've been seeing people complain about this since i first started lurking
i don't totally understand the problem
i haven't seen this plague of T3 cities you all keep talking about
but i do have a stupid question
if the cross tier trades are unfair as designed, why not just post trades you think are fair?
and conversely, why not just ignore trades you don't like?

seems to me, if all the whiners are right, supply and demand will out.

I just came across this post from 1/11/17 (that's january 11 for you backwards europeans)

All I can say to this person is

Oh you poor young fool.
You have so much to learn.

DeletedUser14960

FAIR OR NOT

There is a time and a place for cross tier trades and most players will AGREE.

If you have over stretched yourself in a tourney or some event that you thought you could manage but miss calculated your goods cache .

most will agree this is acceptable now and again and are more than willing to help out . ONCE OR TWICE

It becomes a PROBLEM when some players keep overstretching themselves and posting 100 T3 for 16,000 T1 double cross tier trades day in and day out because they have had other players take the odd one here and there to help out etc .

Also a PROBLEM when some will not produce their own lower tier goods and expect others to do it for them ....ie think they are to good for lesser items .

Not to many players myself included will keep on taking them as its just not good for my own stock etc and i do have a 700% boost on all my 3 tiers and plenty of goods etc

Those TRADES then stay up in the trader for days on end as junk trades because no one wants to take them ,so that is the PROBLEM not that they are fair or unfair.

I have no problem with cross tier trades in moderation but like most hate to see the trader in my group flooded with junk trades all the time .

I have my own group in one realm and I have made a RULE that states cross tier trades are allowed on weekends only any cross tier trades that remain sun eve must be removed by the owner .All other trades to be 2 or 3 star and welcome anytime .everyday cross tier trades are unacceptable .

If you feel there is a problem with cross tier trades in your group and you dont like them you have a few choices. speak with your AM and ask if they have a problem with them or not and are willing to do anything about it etc .
If not then you either Deal with it, or move on to another group that has some way of limiting or not allowing them .

If to many players got to big and gave up producing lower tier goods and expected others ie newer players to pick up the tab this whole world would collapse as their is no way near the amount of newbs needed to pay the bills .

I guess guess it is ok to be a DICK some of the time but dont be a DICK all the time .

keith

DeletedUser3297

FAIR OR NOT

There is a time and a place for cross tier trades and most players will AGREE.

I agree that there is never a time/place to cross-tier... I only post same-tier trades at a 10% discount (i.e. 2200 for 2000) and that's it. I've never posted a cross tier and I only take them if the other player is "begging" If you are posting in chat that you have bad trades up, you need to re-think what your needs are from your city and don't force it onto others.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
most will agree

Not to many players myself included

but like most

I have to wonder why you feel empowered to speak for the majority

If you feel there is a problem with cross tier trades in your group and you dont like them you have a few choices. speak with your AM and ask if they have a problem with them or not and are willing to do anything about it etc .
If not then you either Deal with it, or move on to another group that has some way of limiting or not allowing them .

You may not realize this but
most of us also trade with people outside of our FS

DeletedUser14960

I have to wonder why you feel empowered to speak for the majority

You may not realize this but
most of us also trade with people outside of our FS

Well maybe i should have worded it differently just for you .

I am so very very very very sorry and please forgive me I will try not to do it again .

maybe the words " MOST " should have been changed to " MANY " so it would have came across a little better .

I am just an average player like MANY others .

and like i said
I guess guess it is ok to be a DICK some of the time but dont be a DICK all the time .

keith

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser20255

I have seen the light that 16:4:1 is not fair for cross-trades but don't agree that cross-trades are always wrong. The rationale seems to be that we should arrange our production so that we always have enough goods in each tier or else be patient and wait. Sorry but I'm not that smart at the game yet (or that patient). Also I am often asked for cross-tier trades in my FS and want to help out.
I only post and accept cross-tier trades at or near to 5:2:1 ratio. That works fine when trading down but if i want to offer that ratio trading up (lower tier for higher tier) the result is a one-star or no star trade which my FS bans. Any suggestions?

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
The rationale seems to be that we should arrange our production so that we always have enough goods in each tier or else be patient and wait.

I'm not quite sure if I'm reading you right.

I see the goal as concentrating on producing your boosted goods so that you can trade the excess for non boosted goods.
The key is trade.
And don't just put up trades when you need them. If you have more steel than you need, put up trades for marble and plank, even if you think they are good right now.
You'll find there are many people here like me who will build up our non boosts beyond personal need.
First off, someone in my neighborhood or FS might need my steel and if I post the trades then it saves them the wait
Secondly. If I'm sitting on hundreds of thousands of planks or rocks, I can give them to needy FS mates even if I don't need what they're selling.

Hope that makes sense.

DeletedUser20255

I'm not quite sure if I'm reading you right.

I see the goal as concentrating on producing your boosted goods so that you can trade the excess for non boosted goods.
The key is trade.

Thank you Mucksterme. I too post inventory-leveling trades every day. I typically deal in no more than a few thousand units at my level. And I do try to anticipate my future needs. That said, at my level, I often find myself with a lack of tier 2 and tier 3 goods and a high demand for my tier 1 goods. My choices are to post a cross-tier trade-up at 16:4:1 (thus cheating myself if the true rate is 5:2:1) or post at less than 2-star rating.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I only post and accept cross-tier trades at or near to 5:2:1 ratio. That works fine when trading down but if i want to offer that ratio trading up (lower tier for higher tier) the result is a one-star or no star trade which my FS bans. Any suggestions?
Communication and education is the key. The whole reason that the 5:2:1 ratio exists is that it is fair both ways, and inno's star system is wrong. When you post 100 gems asking for 500 planks that 3-star rating is wrong too.
don't agree that cross-trades are always wrong. The rationale seems to be that we should arrange our production so that we always have enough goods in each tier or else be patient and wait. Sorry but I'm not that smart at the game yet (or that patient).
The goal eventually should be to produce enough in each tier to be self-sustaining and only trade same tier. Otherwise, it is really hard to balance a FS. Size matters though, and I have no problem trading my FS members at 64:1 to push them along so they can get there sooner.

DeletedUser3297

I think you mean:
6bbc24378b5e5d63c42ba8f566b5d007_L.jpg