• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

InnoTV May Episode

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
Dear Humans and Elves,

Please leave your feedback on our newest episode of InnoGames TV in this topic!

Timon's 4 Questions in the May InnoTV were answers to players in Italy, France, Netherlands and Turkey.

I hope that was mere co-incidence, and that the (German) Devs are not ignoring the input of the US players entirely?
Because if that were the case, then this entire Forum is redundant...

As far as Tournaments are concerned, keep in mind they are not ready to be released to all of the live servers, as they are continuing to undergo adjustments. As some of our players already know, they are active on Beta and one additional server beginning May 3

Is the 'additional server' open to the public please?

DeletedUser61

every Fellowship member visits each day to 'Polish' your culture buildings,
Yeah, but the gals have to be very careful with what they're using when they're repairing their nails. That polish remover is dangerous stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

okay so complaintants have complained, defenders have defended. Some great points on each side have been made. However, this entire thread ... in fact most threads just seem like debates. A continual back and forth of those opposed and for certain features. In continuing the debate where no one agrees; I see very little viable solutions being discussed. So instead of debating I say we all "Agree there is a problem" Lets get to the 'solving' the problem.

In the May episode of InnoTV the development team did state they ARE now listening to us. They are now asking for our suggestions. So let us now put our heads together and spell out REAL working and viable solutions BOTH sides can live with.

As far as the Magic Academy goes, I have always liked it. I stand apart from the crowds most days anyway and that is perfectly okay. I do however understand the issues others have with it. I totally agree with the person who stated they should have given out a free expansion when they made it manditory to build. It would have been nice. Unfortunately we can not turn back time. So that is not now nor will be a viable solution because those who have built the MA already will complain if new folks get one and they didn't and Inno cannot possibly go back and give everyone in the game an expansion. So we move on to other viable solutions. Here is a couple of very real and viable solutions that would not cost too much for the developers but will make players happy:

1) If they improved the spell cast time or strength how would everyone feel then? A very REAL and viable solution to make the hasstle worth it.
2) Spells to improve squad size for a certain number of battles?
3) Spells to improve squad health for a certain number of battles?
4) Spells to increase the troop training size or to reduce the troop training time?
5) Spells to reduce the scout time on new provances?

Those are just 5 of the ideas in my head that would certainly improve player sentiments on the MA. Of course there are many many more! In all honesty I think the real issue everyone is neglecting to realize is that they are unsatisfied with the benefits of the spells coming out and think the rewards are not worth the kp, time and space. So increasing the output of the spells is a MUST for players to start enjoying the MA.

On to the daily log in bonus issue. I love that the developers are considering this option. I see this becoming another thorn in their sides though if they do not offer up something truly beneficial like 5 or 10 diamonds which would certainly change the tide of those pained from the developers missteps already over the last year. I give mad props to the developers at admitting to some of those mistakes and being willing to now take to heart player suggestions. This game has great potential to be up there with GOW if you play your cards right. It is an awesome concept that many were drawn too because it did not include PvP which meant our cities were safe from harm. But with your missteps; to the players it feels like YOU are harming them and taking their freedoms away. Even when you admit to an issue being on your part you fail to reimberse the players for what they have lost. So again, giving them a daily log in bonus of diamons would be of great value to you. It might even gain some player loyalty back and draw in new players.

And that is my 2 cents

DeletedUser

Oh and along with the daily log in bonus many other games use the tier system. My biggest suggestion would be for you to use that type of system as well. It works great to have each player log in every day as the daily rewards for so many days in a row increase. Say it goes something like this:

1st day: 1000 supplies
2nd day: 250 of any good + 100 supplies
3rd day: 1 free spell
4th day: 5k gold
5th day: 10 diamonds
After 5th day it starts again.

Of course my numbers here have just been guestimated and should be adjusted but this gives a working solution to this issue. Not only will this incourage daily log ins from players but it will foster more active players, help grow your player loyalty, give you a better chance at players buying diamonds and overall bring player enjoyment to the forefront. It will show your players that you actually care about them instead of just a profit margin.

DeletedUser61

the daily log in bonus
I'd suggest that the Tournaments will cover this base. You have to go DO the Tournaments, of course, but if you don't log in every day you'll simply miss out on those Relics, Knowledge Points, and Runes.

Spells have tons of possibilites. One of the new spells in the current 1.6 Beta release increases your hourly KPs cap to 20 units for 2 days, which will be handy if you're expecting an Ancient Wonder to level during the next 15 hours, or if you know that you're not going to have internet access twice a day.

DeletedUser

One of the new spells in the current 1.6 Beta release increases your hourly KPs cap to 20 units for 2

That is a great idea IF you are not stuck on research in the tree. At several points there is no other option but to 'sit and wait' you end up dumping all available kp into other peoples AW because you cannot progress or use those kp yourself. Take for example the dwarven style armory. 90k granite.... like really? You sit for litterally DAYS possibly weeks to build up that much granite depending on how many granite mines you have. So once you sit the armory research and put your kp into tavern and temple and squad upgrade 19 and have them unlocked what else can you do? A spell to increase the kp is no good for the higher ranking players.

DeletedUser61

A spell to increase the kp is no good for the higher ranking players.
Once you're a few boxes into chapter V you should be able to have an Ancient Wonder of your own, and will therefore able to level your AW with either direct or reciprocal Knowledge Point contributions.

In my view the game has two distinct phases:
  1. New Chapter - Devote most of your KPs/Goods/Supplies to research and upgrading your buildings
  2. End of Chapter - Devote most of your efforts to Tournaments/Ancient Wonders/Spells while you're generating enough Goods and Troops to acquire the sectors that you'll need to unlock the next Advanced Scouting chest.
The Advanced Scouting chests pretty much ensure that players who are catching up will see BOTH of those phases in each Chapter, just like we did when we were waiting for a new chapter to be released, simply because they won't yet have enough Troops and/or Goods to open the AS chest and immediately proceed into the next chapter.

DeletedUser

All due respect Katwijk, you are assuming I am not already past that stage of research/building. I do not believe in putting kp into my own AW. Their is no benefit to it other than leveling it up faster than normal donations would give me. In doing so I would take the bonus rewards away from those who have been working hard to donate their kp to my AW. So in my opinion yours is a moot point.

DeletedUser706

I do not believe in putting kp into my own AW. Their is no benefit to it other than leveling it up faster than normal donations would give me. In doing so I would take the bonus rewards away from those who have been working hard to donate their kp to my AW. So in my opinion yours is a moot point.
You do not take bonus rewards away for others when donating to your own AW, because you can never obtain such a bonus for yourself. Even if you are top donator, the top bonus reward would then go to #2 in your AW contributor ranking.

DeletedUser

Katwijk, I am 'afraid' to even respond as I am going to get 'FLAGED' for duplicate postings now. However I will do it anyway!!! Reciprocal means you donate to someone else and they donate to you. NOT ... donating to your OWN ancient wonder. Take a gander at my comment again. YES I do believe in donating to other peoples AW. In fact I am the one in charge of the AW-KP donations in my fellowship. I was talking about if you donate to your own AW you will take away the reward for those that have donated to you.

DeletedUser

Irishna - You do not receive rewards for contributing to your own wonder. The reward that would have gone to your spot instead goes to the next highest giver, etc. Contributing to your own wonder just means that people can get rewards for less kp from your wonder, since you reduce the total amount others have to contribute.

DeletedUser

Irishna - You do not receive rewards for contributing to your own wonder. The reward that would have gone to your spot instead goes to the next highest giver, etc. Contributing to your own wonder just means that people can get rewards for less kp from your wonder, since you reduce the total amount others have to contribute.

This is a recent change in one of the latest updates. It used to be that when you gave kp to your own wonder it would take away the rewards of those who donated depending on the amounts and who donated more. Thankfully the developers finally hit a homerun in my opinion upon this current change in how the kp/AW donations work. But hey.... thanks for the input.