• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Is anyone else bored to death?

DeletedUser

tacos.jpg

DeletedUser

Speculation, and only PURE speculation on my part...
When Evony started a "new game" wih the introduction of "Ages", it was fairly obvious that the intent was to get players from the original Civony>Evony worlds to jump to the New Age 2 worlds (original was renamed Age 1). And then they began merging servers, so 2 worlds became 1. Total hot mess, but those of us patient enough to wait through the mergers found more competition and more experienced players to recruit to our guilds.

As I said, pure speculation on my part. But there may be a HUGE purge of inactives and a server merger at some point in the future. Or not. It is Inno, and if it does not make huge profit for them... just random thoughts here. o_O

DeletedUser627

Well there's this possibility...when those of us who are constant players open cities on the new servers, we provide an artificial boost to the retention numbers for that world. The percentage of new players retained will be lower than the percentage of total players retained on that world. So, if they need to pump the numbers in order to meet corporate goals, the new world strategy gives them a nearly invisible methodology for reporting inflated retention.

"Oh, we opened a new world and kept xx% of players who start in the world".

As a more positive supposition, perhaps they just want to minimize the purges at this time, so they're plugging players into new slots

DeletedUser1036

Speculation, and only PURE speculation on my part...
When Evony started a "new game" wih the introduction of "Ages", it was fairly obvious that the intent was to get players from the original Civony>Evony worlds to jump to the New Age 2 worlds (original was renamed Age 1). And then they began merging servers, so 2 worlds became 1. Total hot mess, but those of us patient enough to wait through the mergers found more competition and more experienced players to recruit to our guilds.

As I said, pure speculation on my part. But there may be a HUGE purge of inactives and a server merger at some point in the future. Or not. It is Inno, and if it does not make huge profit for them... just random thoughts here. o_O

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only transplant over here from a uCool game, after they started abandoning their top players and getting into legal problems on an international basis. To me it seems as though MMO games have a life span of about 6-9 months before the developers either run out of idea's, quit listening to players or move on to the next great idea which involves making a totally different game.

I really wish any company would outright say "Hey here is where the game will end, reach this point (insert example here) and we'll give you some sort of incentive to play our new game xxx", or a free t-shirt.

DeletedUser1055

This game has gotten so slow it is beyond boring. I am doing all I can to keep everyone in my fellowship playing, but I fear I can't do enough to keep people around. Half of us have started playing another game together.

Let me explain what I do each day:

Every 2 or 2 1/2 days I get to send out a scout.

After more than two weeks I get one more expansion on which I can place one building.

I am really really bored.

I am having the same problem. Members of my fellowship who have been playing for months together are bowing out of the game. I have more who are threatening to. They've all had it. I have been standing on my head, cheerleading for them to continue, but I am running out of reasons why. So many months and hours of play and then the creators of the game add something that is so stupid or difficult to accomplish that you start looking for something else to play. After playing this game since last summer, I find myself lacking in supplies and having to keep factories idle because of that. It takes forever to upgrade anything and is so expensive it's ridiculous. Three steps forward. . . five steps back. I'm done trying to get the people in my fellowship to stay. I don't blame them a bit for leaving. I do resent the creators of this game for breaking up good friendships that have been formed playing this game. I don't know where they get their ideas from, unles their purpose is to turn people off from playing. This is not fun anymore. Thanks creators of Elvenar. You have ruined what once was a fun game to play.

DeletedUser1010

I just want to point out that to new or newer players the game may feel different than to those of us who has been playing the game for a good while, bc we are at the end of the content that's out and feel the boredom of waiting around. Try to remember how far away the end of the tech tree felt when you first started the game! for me it seemed like forever. I think if we all would have started the game just 2 or 3 months ago we would not be as bored, I mean obviously there must be something fun or enjoyable about the game for all of us or we wouldn't be here now. I just wonder if sometimes we scare new players away with our(meaning us players who has been playing long enough to get bored at times)comments about how slow the game is..ect, I know if I see a game I like, I check out what ppl say about it before I play it. So to that point If we tell everyone its boring than they will not stay to play and we wont have a game left to call boring. Anyways I just wanted to say, if your new here, Elvenar is a fun game and don't worry you will have plenty of stuff to do. It may not be a game you can play for 6hours str8 but still its a good game, So enjoy=))

P.S.
I am hoping this came across right, I mean no offense to anyone nor am I talking about anyone In particular(other than myself bc I have done what I am talking about many a time.) It just occurred to me and thought I'd put it out there=)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser627

I just want to point out that to new or newer players the game may feel different than to those of us who has been playing the game for a good while,

No offense, Catti; this is a point worth mentioning.

I have cities on 5 worlds - every time they open a new one I check it out to see how things are structured. Every time I've found that it's possible to play through the entire first research section without stopping, and part way into the second. After that, active play comes to a halt and new players are in the same situation as old players: log on for a few minutes and then wait 3+ hours with no play option.

Even when the new fairy content comes into play, there doesn't seem to be any more active play time available. We'll enjoy some time spent strategizing, but soon even the most meticulous will have their spreadsheets completed and grid plan maximized. Then we return to the no-play mode.

Contrast this to when I began playing last July. There were 30,000 players ahead of me and I decided to catch up. And I did because I could: the game allowed players to wait or play avidly, albeit through the oft-despised "loophole" of flipping quests.

Now, new players are stuck in lockstep game play. They can't make rapid upward / forward progress. Increasingly their strategic options are limited (like the recent requirements to complete specific numbers of provinces). They are offered distractions (like Wonders and the Academy) early in the game, which dissipates their resources while providing net losses and slowing their progress through Research.

I've continued daily play in two worlds just to test this. It's like slogging through ankle deep mud. I admire you for persevering through this, and believe you must have the proverbial patience of a saint.

DeletedUser

Hi,
I am new to the game. Gives me a break from flying zone to zone to zone to zone in WoW. I do know what you mean though. It's hard waiting for the resources. Sort of like watching grass grow or paint drying. ;) I do wish that the resources wouldn't take so long....or maybe less resources required to complete things. Guess I'm just being impatient. Want to see what comes next. :)

DeletedUser43

So to that point If we tell everyone its boring than they will not stay to play and we wont have a game left to call boring.

If there was a place where people could specifically speak to the devs, that might help this issue. But, so far, the only place that any of us can hope to make this game better is on the forums. So, we voice our displeasure here in hopes they will hear the things they need to work on in this game.

DeletedUser1122

I just wonder if sometimes we scare new players away with our(meaning us players who has been playing long enough to get bored at times)comments about how slow the game is..ect,
Not that many people visit the forum, new or old, to make a difference

DeletedUser61

flying zone to zone to zone to zone in WoW.
You mean like that?? >>>>
I would love to have winged creatures
as one of our future guest races,
except that grounding them would be SO unfair.

To your point, WoW is an activity driven game.
You MUST put in your clicks and hit your marks.
Without binge-clicking you'll have no chance of
enjoying the entire game while others are still around.

Elvenar, as is the case with most city-builders,
does not reward single-minded determination.
In a time capped game you WILL have
an opportunity to explore everything
at a leisurely pace, like it or not.
Slow down, and smell the roses.

The upcoming Provincial Tournaments are likely
to provide more opportunities to spend time
(re)exploring the world map, but there's
more than a little bit of truth in the adage
http://jamesclear.com/lay-a-brick
Rome wasn't built in a day,
but they were laying bricks every hour.

Violet Drake.png

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser43

Elvenar, as is the case with most city-builders,
does not reward single-minded determination.

But it does seem to be requiring it now. You will need to have cleared 130 provinces before you can get to the elven chapter. So, you better hurry up and fight fight fight, or build tons of factories to have the goods to negotiate them. You could use magic spells to get the goods, but you need relics for the spells and that takes fighting or negotiating so you are back to my initial comment.

:)

DeletedUser627

Elvenar "doesn't reward single-minded determination"???

One has to be singly determined just to persevere through the present snail pace.

If I had an elementary age child, I'd make them play Elvenar every day, just so they could get a lesson in how systematic tiny acts oh-so-gradually effect significant changes. But jeez, I'm not a child...I don't need an education in the importance of habit. I just want a bit of fun where I can exercise/occupy my mind a little, chat with similar people, and relax.