• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Join us in our Fellowship Adventures!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser4628

@Saiana
Check the red/yellow path, and see if there is a spot where you can donate 1 steel or something-- any donation counts.
Once you reach the second stage, there will be more places to put badges, and things should get easier.

Yeah that was discussed too because we have some awesome people who thought they were doing good and donated the full amount. I know that it will all straighten out in time but I gotta say, this was so badly designed. We're into the second stage and the yellow path is already done as is most of the other two, but only required a few more badges, still not enough to give everyone a chance to put in a badge. Hoping stage 3 will want more but I'm so frustrated at this point that it's likely something I'll be looking at with disdain and ignoring. The instructions and information put out about it was pretty sorry too. Whole lot of basic questions that should have been put in the announcement. And I gotta throw some blame at the beta testers who should've encountered these issues and said something cuz all I heard was the beta testers loved it. Come on! Anyway, Thanks for the response SS and please forgive the ranting :D

DeletedUser7370

And I gotta throw some blame at the beta testers who should've encountered these issues and said something cuz all I heard was the beta testers loved it.
If you read the beta forum you will see that many people had the same complaints. Inno was in a rush to put this out probably because of some marketing data surrounding back to school in the US. So while the beta players said nearly everything we are saying today in the first 12 hours of the thing running, nothing was done beyond bug fixes. Inno should add an alpha server that is available only by invitation and then should invite 1000 reasonably respected players, with the requirement that playing there requires signing an NDA.

edeba

Fellowships are truly dynamic, constantly changing membership. I just realized that ranking points for placement are to the fellowship and there isn't any to the individual members and I think this is a shame. In six months I've been in my current fellowship more than half the players have turned over.

This event is a ton of work and it should give ranking points to the members of the fellowship members based on their fellowship's finishing place. I think fellowship ranking points are pretty meaningless as in fellowships don't last and disagreements do happen.

SassKatt

There are some in my FS that are afraid that if we complete one of the 3 paths before the other 2 that everything placed in the other 2 will be lost.
Can you complete all 3 before progressing, or do you progress to the next stage once one line has been completed?
Help, we are sooooooooo confused here. Should we just concentrate on a single path or all 3 OR, OR, OR what should we do???

DeletedUser7370

There are some in my FS that are afraid that if we complete one of the 3 paths before the other 2 that everything placed in the other 2 will be lost.
Can you complete all 3 before progressing, or do you progress to the next stage once one line has been completed?
Help, we are sooooooooo confused here. Should we just concentrate on a single path or all 3 OR, OR, OR what should we do???
It really is very open. You can complete 1 path or switch paths at certain spots where they intersect. When you get a path to the flag at the top of the hill then the Collect button will enable and the prizes fro that stage can be collected. You do not have to collect immediately and can choose to keep working on filling that stage. Choosing to put more into a stage than is absolutely necessary may be beneficial as the award at the bottomless pit is 50 points for doing 3 sets of 3 random things; if one of those randoms came up with the 2 day factory production then your fellowship would not be able to gain any more points for 2 days.

DeletedUser7611

Like the format and this should be the template used for event quests in the future, allowing the players to somewhat choose the order they finish the quests. Sometimes you are stuck on the one quest for days (scouting in later ages) and if you could continue with 2 other quest paths alongside the longer ones a lot more people would finish in the time period.

Shellizzie

Does anyone know if you lose progress in the other paths if you complete one? Basically, if members have put badges in all three paths at the same time do we lose all of that when we complete one?

DeletedUser4628

If you read the beta forum you will see that many people had the same complaints.

I do apologize for my rant about that, I didn't know there was a beta forum (my fault) and so I've never read it and I am glad to hear that the beta testers tried to point out the issues. Seems pointless to have them if inno isn't going to listen. But I've been playing these kinds of games for many years and I know that the money is always the driving force behind them. Getting a new development out fast means advertising it and bringing in new players ready to throw new money at it. I just wish these game devs actually did care about the players as much as they say they do. I enjoy this game very much, I must because I've been playing daily for over a year only missing about 1 week. And mostly I never say anything about the new stuff devs do because I can always ignore it or move on. But there are moments when it's been so badly done that I can't help but put in my 2 cents. Please forgive me for the rant against the testers. I am sorry I said that.

EDIT: um ok so I typed this and then went to search the forums for the beta forum you mentioned. checked the list 3 times and it wasn't there. So then I clicked on the link that the poster below you put up and that took me to a thread that appeared to be in the general discussion forum but no beta forum. It's possible maybe that this beta forum is only available to beta testers? I don't seem to have access to it so would have no way of knowing what was said to the devs but it was still inappropriate for me to accuse them.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3602

So then I clicked on the link that the poster below you put up and that took me to a thread that appeared to be in the general discussion forum but no beta forum. It's possible maybe that this beta forum is only available to beta testers? I don't seem to have access to it so would have no way of knowing what was said to the devs but it was still inappropriate for me to accuse them.

That link takes you to the General Discussion Section of the Beta Forum. That's where the Beta-players give their feedback. I'm not a Beta-player / member of the Beta-forum, so I can't reply or like stuff etc, but I can read everything. You can too. If you look at that link's web adress, you'll see it starts with beta.forum.elvenar.com.

DeletedUser7370

EDIT: um ok so I typed this and then went to search the forums for the beta forum you mentioned. checked the list 3 times and it wasn't there. So then I clicked on the link that the poster below you put up and that took me to a thread that appeared to be in the general discussion forum but no beta forum. It's possible maybe that this beta forum is only available to beta testers? I don't seem to have access to it so would have no way of knowing what was said to the devs but it was still inappropriate for me to accuse them.
They are completely separate forums. Have fun reading it. https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/fellowship-adventures.8853

Shellizzie

Well now we know :(
If you are partially done with a path but have another finished and a mage comes in a collects the chest, because they did not read all of the messages you lose the other paths. ^%$#@!

Now on to another question, can you go back and start another path from stage 1 after you complete 3 stages of another path?

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Your goal is to get to the top of the map. It doesn't matter how many you put into how many paths, only one path will ever get "finished" but anyone who put anything into any of the paths will get the same prizes as everyone else who put anything into any path, no matter which path gets finished. If you fill all three paths before closing the map, you are throwing away everything in two of the paths. There is no advantage at all to finishing all three before you open the top chest.

The quest is to get to end of the map three times. It doesn't matter if you do each path once or one path three times, or some other combination. Once you cross the map once, the board is cleared and you can take any path you want to do it again.

DeletedUser7370

Oh my the countdown time still seems to really suck anus. Let's see what was said about it in the beta: https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/fellowship-adventures.8853/page-17
"No need to :) This feedback was already forwarded during the first round and a countdown timer like we have in the other events, is already on the list of changes to look into :)
Marindor, Aug 29, 2017 #330"

Timer as in other events ?!. that is copy and paste code. A 3 year old can manage it. In fact 15 years ago I knew an 8 year old that was a potential programmer that could have gotten this one right before even putting it a beta in front of users. Inno is showing massive failure when they don't even use the code they already have.

DeletedUser2824

This event is a real pain to try and figure out how to do properly. -_-

Edit: So, can someone explain what the difference in dabbling in all paths vs. focusing one on each stage is? At first it seemed like you get more out of doing a little more than just one path, but if all that means is ranking points and not more prizes, that isn't worth much to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

juniperknome

only advantage i can see is that all way points count 100 points so i assume you would get more points to count toward the finish i might be wrong on that after you open the prize box though

qaccy

only advantage i can see is that all way points count 100 points so i assume you would get more points to count toward the finish i might be wrong on that after you open the prize box though

Yes. Each waypoint is worth points in the adventure, so fully completing each map would maximize point gain towards the adventure ranking. However, the ranking rewards are not going to be attainable by your fellowship if you're asking such questions, so I wouldn't bother with it and just focus on clearing the map to reach the end chest rewards on each of the three levels. The ranking spots can be left for the fellowships filled with players not afraid to spend diamonds to reach the top

Status
Not open for further replies.