• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Love is in the Air - Valentines Event

DeletedUser2963

However, after shelling out big bucks for a package deal that should have bought 3 expansions, they tricked me, and it was only good for 2 , because they raised the price of each expansion (after I bought the package) , and I was left only 5 diamonds short of being able to do the 3rd. I was SO enraged.
That really does suck, I had the same reaction the first time I bought an expansion.

"It seemed like they use their marketing knowledge" ..."knowing that, if you are just 5 diamonds short of that next expansion, you will most likely buy more".

lol, I wish it were greed!!! The devs actually claim that they think the expansions are ruining the game so they dropped the number that you could buy and jacked the prices right out of the average market! There was a big brouhaha here on the forum back in november. I think they are hoping that you wont buy another one and that you will spend your remaining diamonds on something else.
Wiki has the price listed as follows
primium.PNG

Deleted User - 1178646

lol, I wish it were greed!!! The devs actually claim that they think the expansions are ruining the game so they dropped the number that you could buy and jacked the prices right out of the average market!

Never seen that claim but thats kinda weird, because only a little before the drop in expansions and the price jack they actually raised the amound of premium expansion to 17 or 27 more then it is now and on top of that they disconnected it from the max 2 per main hall level rule.

A complete 180 of the what you claim they said.

DeletedUser2963

@CrazyWizard, I missed that fight. The unlocking of the expansions from the main hall and increase in the number to 33 happened back in august shortly after I started playing. The big fight over that happened on beta and did not make much of a blip here as mandatory wonders dominated the discussion on this forum.
On beta there was much discussion over the availability of all those expansions from day one. In november inno reduced the available number and priced them out of the average market and the people who were so upset back in august with the initial change came in with the "I told you so"s.
Inno's reason:
"The maximum number of premium city expansions you can buy has been lowered to 23, to make the amounts more fair. We have also increased the prices for this particular type of city expansion to reflect its value better." ???? I translated that, "We reduced the number available AND jacked the price insanely so most players will stop buying them." True my translation could be off.

Fact remains, they did a 180.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6372

Going back to the Valentine's Day reward buildings, mine are already obsolete, and I haven't even had them a month.

I completed the quest in Act 2. My Bridge is producing 420 culture, and the balcony is utter crap. I only put it down to overcome a temporary population crunch I had before I unlocked the advanced residences tech at the beginning of Act 3.

Mysterious Cyclones put both to shame at 440 culture for a 3x3. This is the same size as the bridge, but 20 more culture, so a straight upgrade. The 47 population I got from the Balcony is now trivial considering I'm getting over a hundred extra population each residence I upgrade.

I half-arsed the quest line, mostly because most of it was what I was going to do anyway. And I was correct in assuming that the rewards were useless. Two weeks... that's all it took for them to become completely obsolete.

Oh well, easy come, easy go. I'd have been more upset if the quest caused me to significantly inconvenience myself. As it is? I really can't care any less. It was a complete and resounding 'meh', and a waste of Dev time and effort.

Deleted User - 1178646

Yeah for people like you and me it was utterly rubbish thats why they are stuck in my inventory.

Fortunatly there are people who dont give a crap about a buildings stats, they just want to have and build all pretty things.
And those 2 buildings are pretty especially in this configuration

4fXnd76.png

EarthbornIcarus

@EarthbornIcarus lol, I can find it. You got that number off an Inno Recruiting site, its one of the numbers head hunters are using :)

Headhunters are often misleading :)

Thanks, Iyapo! I know I saw it a couple places, the first time I ever looked.
I think Ashrem has been trying to get me to see the companies view since I'm such a loud-mouth when it comes to viewing them as greedy.

And, the only reason it bothers me so much- is that this could be such a killer wonderful game, if only....

DeletedUser4778

Yeah for people like you and me it was utterly rubbish thats why they are stuck in my inventory.

Fortunatly there are people who dont give a crap about a buildings stats, they just want to have and build all pretty things.
And those 2 buildings are pretty especially in this configuration

4fXnd76.png

I'd like to have pretty things too but unfortunately space is at such a premium in this game. I find the cost of real estate here to be ridiculous.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I think Ashrem has been trying to get me to see the companies view
It's not you, it's me :p. And it's not the company, it's the people.

I used to play D&D with a guy who's career was damaged in the 80s because someone didn't like a choice he made. Pursued him with subtle attacks for years. Nothing that ever crossed the line to criminal, just anonymous criticisms of things he did, even unrelated to the original work. Finally, his own vulnerabilities led to a failed suicide attempt that left him with brain damage. Not entirely, or even mostly, his critic's fault, but an impetus for me to take a more active role in asking people to consider the results of their words and actions. There's always a person on the other end. Sometimes they're greedy a-holes, sometimes they're just trying to pay the rent.

I strongly support criticism of work, and that criticism can be as strong as makes people feel good. Greed, though, is not about the work, it's about the person doing the work. And it's a judgement that we just don't have the information to support. :(

DeletedUser10705

How about a game that you buy an increasing cost of expansion and they don't allow you to increase the resident size. I have reached my limit of tolerance. Charge backs for game bugs is an acceptable rational by my CC company.

DeletedUser10705

Fix your problem or pay back the money. Easy choice. I am sick of the BS

DeletedUser6219

Not sure why you chose to necro this thread, but you will get faster replies from customer service if you contact them directly instead of posting your issue on the forums. After reading your two posts (the only two you have ever done)... I am still not even sure what your complaint is? (You can't upgrade a residence? Is it a magic residence you bought with diamonds? If it is a magic residence you will need a blueprint to upgrade it... blueprints are available as a prize from completing all 10 chest in a tournament. If it is not a diamond bought residence; you have to wait until you unlock the technology to upgrade your residence every 3-5 levels. Maybe if you clarified your issue in an appropriately placed post...someone may be able to assist you.

Fix your problem or pay back the money. Easy choice. I am sick of the BS